Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
You should hire a plumber because he knows where the plumbing supply store is to get one of those plates(with a gasket), or more likely just had several in the van.

Also be sure you don’t bother to secure those supply pipes just flopping around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The important thing while plumbing is to keep touching your face with your dirty hands. Keeps the immune system busy.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

this has all happened before and this will all happen again

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Trying to attract cat and dog owners I see.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

devicenull posted:

Give it a few.

I will not :mad:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Any idea what the rest of the house’s flooring is? Just curious what the destruction from water and sand will look like.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Orvin posted:

Any idea what the rest of the house’s flooring is? Just curious what the destruction from water and sand will look like.

Looks like a partially finished basement so I would bet on concrete floors. There is probably also a floor drain somewhere; hopefully they thought about keeping sand out of it.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Can anyone else smell mold? I smell mold leaking out of my monitor.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

wheatpuppy posted:

Looks like a partially finished basement so I would bet on concrete floors. There is probably also a floor drain somewhere; hopefully they thought about keeping sand out of it.

I was thinking more the main living floors from renters tracking sand and water all over the house. Nothing like foot traffic grinding sand into soft linoleum, or scratching the poo poo out of some wood floors. Or just extra mildew in some upstairs carpet.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Orvin posted:

I was thinking more the main living floors from renters tracking sand and water all over the house. Nothing like foot traffic grinding sand into soft linoleum, or scratching the poo poo out of some wood floors. Or just extra mildew in some upstairs carpet.

Oh yeah, didn't think about sand tracking that far, good point. Hopefully they have carpet in all the important rooms (like the kitchen and bathroom) to help protect those floors!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Hope you enjoy dents and cracks every time a heavy pot or pan gets dropped.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I dropped a spoon on my wood floor and made a dent. "It adds character", I'm always told.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wonder if this is even meant to be used as a house

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Zooming in on the sink and this looks like a render

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's what they said about doom bathroom!!!

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Looks AI generated to me

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

kreeningsons posted:

Looks AI generated to me

I'd bet that's what they mean, I still prefer the term render though. Person or prompt, it is still rendered.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Kitchens by Total Boat.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

It's like someone found where the application stored the pre-loaded floor textures and replaced it with one of the wallpaper textures.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I for one totally believe that they decorated their whole kitchen to match the one week a year the tree outside the window is in bloom.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The knobs on the range and the countertop edge magically getting taller on the far side of the cooking surface without a change in the height of the actual countertop really give it away.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Facebook Aunt posted:

I for one totally believe that they decorated their whole kitchen to match the one week a year the tree outside the window is in bloom.

Username checks out.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Love to have a panic attack every time I come home thinking the kitchen flooded.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If it were a real kitchen, the cabinet on the counter, to the left of the door, would be an obnoxious misuse of space.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Platystemon posted:

If it were a real kitchen, the cabinet on the counter, to the left of the door, would be an obnoxious misuse of space.

If it were a real kitchen, the tracery in the cabinet window would be symmetrical.

Also, wtf is going on with the sink?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Vinyl has been in use as flooring for almost a century and it's super shiny and easy to print on, so that floor isn't impossible irl.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
People do crazy stuff with epoxy these days.

I wouldn’t want a floor that glossy in the kitchen though.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

Vinyl has been in use as flooring for almost a century and it's super shiny and easy to print on, so that floor isn't impossible irl.

If it were vinyl, it'd only look correct from one perspective. The gimmick supposedly shown in that image is a floor that has depth, which requires a thick, high-clarity material, like multiple layers of poured epoxy.

I've seen similar techniques done on a very small scale to create three-dimensional paintings. You pour a layer of epoxy, paint on the layer, pour a new layer, repeat, and at the end you can create a decent approximation of a fish swimming in a tank.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Platystemon posted:

Oh, la-di-da. where do you keep your 2-handed broadsword?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Deteriorata posted:

If it were a real kitchen, the tracery in the cabinet window would be symmetrical.

Also, wtf is going on with the sink?

Details are obviously hosed but you do sometimes see sinks with two faucets, one for on-demand near-boiling water. Or just a matching soap pump.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
It's an AI-generated image. Crappy construction "imagined."

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

That's got "NYC" written all over it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Someone is bringing the space saving RV bathroom design into apartments. Took me a minute to see the tank on the wall for the toilet. I initially thought they had just thrown an RV toilet in there, and thought that might not work so well.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I miss the days when renders took a lot of work and were still always easily identifiable as such. I feel bad for the people that got really good at it / made it their job.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Blindeye posted:

Taking jobs away from hard(ly)-working construction professionals, shaking my smdh.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That's got "NYC" written all over it.

Hamburg actually. I saw it on a rental listing, and the apartment has a very large kitchen on the other side of one of those walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blindeye posted:

"Siri, give me a render of a kitchen with a floral pattern glass floor with AN OCEAN OF CUM under it, thank you"