Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mola Yam posted:

but WA, Qld and SA are baked-in No states at this point, so it's over anyway.

SA, I thought you were cool. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Recoome posted:

The polls will be wrong, the voice will pass by a slim majority. It’ll turn out the polls were not account for sampling error due to the long lead time. Yes voters are tired of responding to voting polls so only the cranky/motivated no voters respond. The yes campaign probably could’ve messaged better but ultimately this will be okay.

4:1 free money

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Went and voted today, but did not engage with any of the HTV people as I don't give a gently caress about insane people and their cooked pamphlet for idiots.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

Went and voted today, but did not engage with any of the HTV people as I don't give a gently caress about insane people and their cooked pamphlet for idiots.

The cookers with their HTVs are the path to yes winning.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

thanks for spitting on me, it was very warm out there

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hey I sent you my zine so you wouldn’t criticise it!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

thanks for spitting on me, it was very warm out there

anytime comrade

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
:toxx:

I'll cop a ban if it isn't a unanimous No. So a majority in all states vote No. And a majority of all Australian.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

One thing that's certain is that when no wins a whole heap of those "don't know" people will suddenly have strong opinions on what it means.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Early mail in Yes vote for me. Not interested in discovering local no voters in my area. Haven’t voted in person for a long time.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The best senator Briggs says to vote yes so I'm just doing that

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
oh yeah i need to go vote, is it like normal voting where if i do it outside the electorate i have to do an absentee?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

oh yeah i need to go vote, is it like normal voting where if i do it outside the electorate i have to do an absentee?

They ask what federal seat you're in so probably

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Yes it’s pretty much the same. There’s even early voting booths open this week (and last).

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I live overseas, and my ballot arrived last friday via DHL. Will be posting it offlater this week if ican get to the post office after work.

Not gonna sayif yes or no. Coz i am a coquettiish tease.

Knight007au
May 8, 2007
Went and voted early last weekend. Voted Yes. There were how to vote people there. The yes person looked like a normal friendly lady. The No people were someone who looked like a homeless insane person and young Asian girl who looked confused I think she might have been an international student that was being paid.

Knight007au fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 10, 2023

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007

Knight007au posted:

Went and voted early last weekend. Voted Yes. There were how to vote people there. The yes person looked like a normal friendly lady. The No people were someone who looked like a homeless insane person and young Asian girl who looked confused I think she might have been an international student that was being paid.

Similar to my experience. Yes people were normal.

The no camp was cooked and had spray painted signs.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just went to the early voting thing today. Far more, and larger yes posters than no up in front of the voting place which I wasn't expecting as in Gympie at the moment and I thought it would probably tend no -the fewer conversations I've had with people here that seemed to be the opinion, so that was nice. I suspect the Yes people here just had the go thought to get to the place earlier. Both yes and no posters seemed to be of the same generic professional political posters though. Nothing hand painted that I noticed.

Just walked past the mob of people handing out how to votes as quick as could as they descended on a couple who were walking slower, so didn't see who was passing out what.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gorfob posted:

Similar to my experience. Yes people were normal.

The no camp was cooked and had spray painted signs.

Every booth is plastered in yes poo poo with one no sign and a cooker. This may be the difference.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My LGA is going to be very No I reckon. It's full of people with a few acres of bush that think Eddie Mabo will be their landlord and turn them into a 15 minute city new world order. The rest are what I think JBP characterised as F-150 voters.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Correct. The traditional ute driving voter has militarised into the F-150 metro fringe culture warrior.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i told the guy handing out yes pamphlets 'no thanks' because i can figure out how to write 'yes' on a piece of paper myself and some old lady in a no shirt said "you tell them!", forcing me to spin around and stare her dead in the eye, declaring "don't you start"

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
I went to early vote, and two AEC workers were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me and said: Yes.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

Correct. The traditional ute driving voter has militarised into the F-150 metro fringe culture warrior.

Are you doing ok?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
F-150S are just the beginning, a lot more gigantic dodge rams and other burbs tanks are popping up

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
styleside utes are cringe computer toucher poo poo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eediot Jedi posted:

Are you doing ok?

Yes. Why?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
didn't realise Ford were doing yank tanks in Oz again, I thought it was only the importing mobs chopping up lhd and converting to rhd

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

Yes. Why?

IDK, the laser focus on the ute voter thing over the last week felt a bit off. :shrug: Glad you're doing alright.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Wait, you don't write "Ute" in the referendum box??!?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The only crumple zone in a real ute are the tinnies on the floor

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
the dodge ram somehow manages to be uglier and more unsafe than the ford range/raptor lines. the mazda bt 50 and the isuzu dmax are ftw beaut work trucks. unclear if the holden colorado is any good or not bc noone wants to buy it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hooman posted:

Wait, you don't write "Ute" in the referendum box??!?

Nah, that counts as a no vote. :(

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Eediot Jedi posted:

IDK, the laser focus on the ute voter thing over the last week felt a bit off. :shrug: Glad you're doing alright.

No idea what you are talking about, I think it's a pretty good observation

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

JBP posted:

Every booth is plastered in yes poo poo with one no sign and a cooker. This may be the difference.

You may well be right here.

The Yes campaign was poo poo, and the No campaign was louder and more visible.

But also as it has gone on "normal" people have been able to see the No crowd for the racist nutbars that they are. And your "progressive no" hippy "I'm more ideologically pure than you" crowd also don't win many friends.

However the inherent conservatism and fear of change in the Australian public, combined with the monstrous racism of the same Australian public will most likely carry No over the line.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

BrigadierSensible posted:

And your "progressive no" hippy "I'm more ideologically pure than you" crowd also don't win many friends.

i have plenty of friends, they are all with me here in this photo, just out of frame, we are enjoying praxis together

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eediot Jedi posted:

It's a bit I have been doing for a long time. Look after yourself.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint - I walk past a polling place in suburban Canberra, and the guy putting out No placards this morning looked like a left voter from central casting.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EoinCannon posted:

F-150S are just the beginning, a lot more gigantic dodge rams and other burbs tanks are popping up

I absolutely love the old F-150s because I am a country bumpkin at heart.

The new ones are just loving trash for the right-wing, micropenis, midlife crisis wanker set who can't afford a Humvee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What are the odds the polls are wrong and they're herding a cooker heavy sample.

Most polls have undecided in the mid to high 20s.