Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the reason the UAE and other Arab countries support Israel over Palestine is pretty straightforward and obvious from a Marxist perspective: Capital is transnational. it has no home, only hosts. America is the largest host but by no means the only one, and when the American empire crumbles capital will just flee somewhere else and set up shop there. Israel is an outpost of capital in the Middle East, and so are KSA and the UAE and the ruling family of Jordan. They’re all different heads of the same hydra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the wrong side of a border

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

americans support israel at all costs because we do actually have class consciousness

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea seems like their goal is to completely depopulate Gaza and turn it into a gaudy beach side settlement

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1711618480179396831

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the reason the UAE and other Arab countries support Israel over Palestine is pretty straightforward and obvious from a Marxist perspective: Capital is transnational. it has no home, only hosts. America is the largest host but by no means the only one, and when the American empire crumbles capital will just flee somewhere else and set up shop there. Israel is an outpost of capital in the Middle East, and so are KSA and the UAE and the ruling family of Jordan. They’re all different heads of the same hydra.

a more accurate materialist reading is that the arab fascist dictatorships are cucks and whores and losers and they think israel will protect them from any domestic liberation movement

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Yea seems like their goal is to completely depopulate Gaza and turn it into a gaudy beach side settlement

oh ok so all israelis are now legitimate targets who should start booking tickets to the eastern european shitholes they come from, thanks for that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the darkest ratio

not gonna click those replies

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
They want their own Dubai

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

a more accurate materialist reading is that the arab fascist dictatorships are cucks and whores and losers and they think israel will protect them from any domestic liberation movement

I'd basically agree with this, with the caveat that it's not just Israel, but the whole US imperial apparatus that they depend on to keep their people down, so they have a vested interest in Israel remaining in place as the local enforcer of the empire.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

very cool of the cucks in hezbullah to stand aside guess when the targets arent syrian civilians they suddenly get squeamish eh?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crepeface posted:

45 min interview with ali abunimah of the electronic intifada. not much new here, but he mentioned they're doing a live stream tomorrow hopefully with some people on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/live/1xW5j7V0kZo?si=g8OE6K3zRUfwfyIv

embeds don't work for live videos, so here's a link: Gaza fights back: Al-Aqsa Flood shakes the world | The Electronic Intifada Podcast

includes an interview with a guy who's in gaza ATM and you can hear the missile strikes in the background as he talks. he seems pretty distraught.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

crepeface posted:

he seems pretty distraught.

oh word?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

very cool of the cucks in hezbullah to stand aside guess when the targets arent syrian civilians they suddenly get squeamish eh?

honestly possible that the attack was so secret hezbollah also had no idea. by the time they mobilized, the border was much more secure than it had been. the border is like 20 miles, pretty easy to turn it into a death trap

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

OH SO THAT ONE'S TRICKY HUH???

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Cool that's the one they've been bombing all day, right?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

settler solidarity ✊🏻

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

spanish comrades standing up for whats right

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711622589742023125?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

At risk of a horrific tangent, I had two Syrian classmates back in college who were very much of your opinion, but in our arguments I was never able to quite grasp, how a governing party that is majority Sunni, in a country with a predominantly Sunni capitalist class, with an army that is majority Sunni, was supposed to be horrifically oppressing, even exterminating Sunnis. It all sounded, at the time, bizarrely similar to the very worst sorts of Americans, insisting that the Democratic party, by holding office and being slightly blacker than their preferred party, was engaged in white genocide.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i meant that as a warning for the people who might not feel like watching a guy in that state at the moment.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad news for residents of Gaza who were advised by the Land of Genocide Committers to head for the Gaza-Egypt border crossing - The Land of Genocide Committers have now amended their earlier remarks to say that the Gaza-Egypt border crossing is closed.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/10/israel-hamas-war-live-appeals-for-safe-corridor-gaza-toll-goes-past-700

Gaza-Egypt crossing now closed: Army spokesperson
14m ago (05:53 GMT)

Amending earlier remarks, a Land of Genocide Committers military spokesperson now says the Gaza-Egypt border crossing is closed.

Following earlier remarks by Lieutenant-Colonel Richard Hecht, his office issued a statement: “Clarification: The Rafah crossing was open yesterday, but now it is closed.”

On Monday evening, Egyptian security sources and a witness said operations at Rafah had been disrupted by what they described as a strike on the Gaza side.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

i say swears online posted:

honestly possible that the attack was so secret hezbollah also had no idea. by the time they mobilized, the border was much more secure than it had been. the border is like 20 miles, pretty easy to turn it into a death trap

Yeah, I get the impression that Hezbollah was also taken by surprise by the sudden attack. They're their own organisation, with their own interests and they're not just going to start fighting Israel 'cos Hamas has pulled the trigger: they'll do it at a time of their own choosing.

Hamas failing to or being unable to co-ordinate with other regional groups looks like the biggest mistake they've made in this plan.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Land grab is on, every soldier will own the first bit of land they can plonk a flag on.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

fizzy posted:

Bad news for residents of Gaza who were advised by the Land of Genocide Committers to head for the Gaza-Egypt border crossing - The Land of Genocide Committers have now amended their earlier remarks to say that the Gaza-Egypt border crossing is closed.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/10/israel-hamas-war-live-appeals-for-safe-corridor-gaza-toll-goes-past-700

Gaza-Egypt crossing now closed: Army spokesperson
14m ago (05:53 GMT)

Amending earlier remarks, a Land of Genocide Committers military spokesperson now says the Gaza-Egypt border crossing is closed.

Following earlier remarks by Lieutenant-Colonel Richard Hecht, his office issued a statement: “Clarification: The Rafah crossing was open yesterday, but now it is closed.”

On Monday evening, Egyptian security sources and a witness said operations at Rafah had been disrupted by what they described as a strike on the Gaza side.

theres a famous jewish writer who at various points was interested in zionism and anyway he's got this situation named after him that ends with an esque and even he wouldnt have been able to imagine a bureaucratic/mechanistic horror like this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mia Wasikowska posted:

theres a famous jewish writer who at various points was interested in zionism and anyway he's got this situation named after him that ends with an esque and even he wouldnt have been able to imagine a bureaucratic/mechanistic horror like this

mr. burl got exactly what he wanted

MostlyLucid
Mar 1, 2007

MostlyLucid has issued a correction as of 07:18 on Oct 10, 2023

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Seems like they could open the crossing if they wanted to

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

fizzy posted:

Bad news for Lebanese-American media personality and former adult star Mia Khalifa - Playboy announces that it is terminating its relationship with Lebanese-American media personality and former adult star Mia Khalifa over social media posts supporting the Hamas attack on Genocidaireland

my favorite part of the murderous bandwagons is the insanely petty acts of blacklisting

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mantis42 posted:

I've never read Infinite Jest (not a gen xer) but it sounds annoying

smarxist posted:

I've bounced off infinite jest a couple times, last time i read the whole section about the dude waiting for his weed and that was absolutely enthralling
you have exactly one opportunity in your entire life to read it: your latter undergrad college years while deep into drug-addled escapism and struggling through adulthood-insecurities. if you missed that period, definitely do not even bother. it's not good, but it does have occasional vignettes like these that are amazing.

his later non-fiction work is much better about capturing the various eccentricities, anxieties, and insecurities of contemporary life

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just great that the Right To Defend Itself extends to just, the absolute, most unambiguous act of ethnic cleansing possible and if you disagree with this youre a freak

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

DarkSithLord posted:

I was on my retard poo poo today and made the mistake of checking out Reddit. It's loving awful over there, makes the Russia/Ukraine bloodlust seem tame. It can't just be hasbara either, there's way too many people.

one time on reddit i saw someone say nat turner should have tried educating his master about how slavery was wrong instead of starting a rebellion

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol playboy is so irrelevant now

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, I get the impression that Hezbollah was also taken by surprise by the sudden attack. They're their own organisation, with their own interests and they're not just going to start fighting Israel 'cos Hamas has pulled the trigger: they'll do it at a time of their own choosing.

Hamas failing to or being unable to co-ordinate with other regional groups looks like the biggest mistake they've made in this plan.

I'm pretty sure they might have considered it not worth the effort to expose the plan to more potential leaks than they already did, given how much it relied on surprise and how successful it was because of that.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/davidsheen/status/1711597471967621584

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Xaris posted:

you have exactly one opportunity in your entire life to read it: your latter undergrad college years while deep into drug-addled escapism and struggling through adulthood-insecurities. if you missed that period, definitely do not even bother. it's not good, but it does have occasional vignettes like these that are amazing.

his later non-fiction work is much better about capturing the various eccentricities, anxieties, and insecurities of contemporary life

haha, i feel so seen.

i read it my last year of undergrad, christmas vacation. two weeks, reading eight hours a day, stoned out of my mind the entire time.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

fizzy posted:

Combat Engineering troops are working to mine the areas near the holes in the fence, Hagari says.

I'm not a mine expert but these can be picked up and used by Hamas (given enough time, at some risk) can't they?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

im glad that the white west are drawing the line so clearly in the send that they are nazis now i can completely disregard any attempt to convince them of anything humanity related it would be as useless and teaching a dog how to read

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

fizzy posted:

News - The Genocidaire military has regained control of the porous Gaza border.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-we-have-full-control-of-gaza-border/

IDF: We have full control of Gaza border
By EMANUEL FABIAN
Today, 7:44 am

The Genocidaire Defense Forces’ top spokesman, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, says the military has regained control of the porous Gaza border, after Hamas ___________ blew up sections of the border fence during its attack on Saturday morning.

“In the last day, not a single ___________ entered via the fence,” he says in a call with reporters.

Combat Engineering troops are working to mine the areas near the holes in the fence, Hagari says.

he Genocidaire Defence Force estimates that there are a small number of ___________ still hiding in Genocidaire territory.

Absolutely deranged. 0 chance that those mines are ever going to be retrieved or anything

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoPrBnrWvrE

*Yakov Smirnoff voice* In Capitalist America, The Party Votes for You!

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Gaza's parliament and civilian ministries - Land of Genocide Committers' army says Gaza’s parliament and civilian ministries are legitimate targets in its offensive against Hamas.

Gaza’s parliament, ministries ‘legitimate targets’
6m ago (06:24 GMT)

Land of Genocide Committers' army says Gaza’s parliament and civilian ministries are legitimate targets in its offensive against Hamas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News - The ceremony for Land of Genocide Committers' Supreme Court President Esther Hayut, who will be stepping down Monday, has been canceled because of the ongoing war

Farewell ceremony for Supreme Court president canceled
Today, 9:08 am

The ceremony for Land of Genocide Committers' Supreme Court President Esther Hayut, who will be stepping down Monday, has been canceled because of the ongoing war, according to Maariv.

The farewell ceremony was already attracting controversy, as Land of Genocide Committers' Minister Yariv Levin and other officials would not be allowed to deliver speeches amid the tensions surrounding the government’s attempts to reform the judiciary.