Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Also when the Quran is translated into other languages it’s technically not the Quran anymore. The original Arabic is considered holy. Any changes to that are at best explanations of the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Ebon Husk was born with a fully developed stock portfolio and just minutes later said his first word, "investment"

That was also the most hair he ever had on his head.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Inshallah

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm just baffled that ant man is still relevant and has Musko's ear. How?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Thundercracker posted:

I'm just baffled that ant man is still relevant and has Musko's ear. How?

Musk is desperate for any attention and ant man and other losers are the ones giving it to him right now

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Scratch Monkey posted:

Also when the Quran is translated into other languages it’s technically not the Quran anymore. The original Arabic is considered holy. Any changes to that are at best explanations of the original

tbf the Christian bible went through repeated translations with the same authority insisted on each translation. The only difference between google and an inbred monarch is the risk of corporeal punishment for not interpreting something correctly according to any fanatic that overhears you.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Alan Smithee posted:

man's gonna get a fatwa lmao

Inshallah may he face the judgement of the Imams

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

5er posted:

tbf the Christian bible went through repeated translations with the same authority insisted on each translation. The only difference between google and an inbred monarch is the risk of corporeal punishment for not interpreting something correctly according to any fanatic that overhears you.

Right but you have to understand the holiness of the Quran was made with that in mind. Any translation whatsoever from the official text is illegitimate. It's pretty amazing that after almost 1000 years there's only really two versions of it.

Sorry I think I misread what you meant in your post. I think you do understand exactly that.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Songbearer posted:

X-cited to see how many of Elon's posts he restricts to verified only

Which helpful goon will still post them for us?

Falling on their blue checked sword for science

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

maybealabia posted:

You. Surprise!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

maybealabia posted:

It's a limit to replies. Anyone can still read his dumb posts. It's not even really a change for Musk because so many blues reply to his poo poo that the site breaks before you can load non-check replies.

anyway

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I foresee only good things coming out of Elon diving into any form of discussion WRT The Jewish Question

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

thin blue whine posted:

i can't even do a sarcastic shitpost about this because he is such a gross dickhead

Since Indigenous Peoples' Day is going to be something conservatives poo poo on until the end of time, it's worth reminding them every time that columbus was such a dick that even people from his own time thought he should tone it down. Like actual 16th century Spaniards from the time of the Inquisition, who thought indigenous people were primitive subhumans and were totally on board with conquering and looting their societies, still wrote that columbus needed to chill out with the cruelty.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
ah yes, the old "i can't be a nazi because i support a genocidal apartheid state" gambit

no one's ever figured out a counter. brilliant play, sir

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Since Indigenous Peoples' Day is going to be something conservatives poo poo on until the end of time, it's worth reminding them every time that columbus was such a dick that even people from his own time thought he should tone it down. Like actual 16th century Spaniards from the time of the Inquisition, who thought indigenous people were primitive subhumans and were totally on board with conquering and looting their societies, still wrote that columbus needed to chill out with the cruelty.

Or, to put a finer point on it:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I think I just got a critical psychic hit because both of those things are true.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I think I just got a critical psychic hit because both of those things are true.

impossible. there is no way for something like twitter to be used by different people for different reasons at the same time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

sorry but what exactly do you think their response will be to you telling them that columbus triggered the libs

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

impossible. there is no way for something like twitter to be used by different people for different reasons at the same time

it's the same people tho

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

snoremac posted:

A video of a man holding a dead baby just popped up on my Twitter feed. loving hell.

That website sounds terrible. Have you considered never going there again?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

spunkshui posted:

That website sounds terrible. Have you considered never going there again?

but it has sports scores and commissioned furry art

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

That X gore website sounds like something truly awful.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Gore videos will continue until advertising revenue improves.
-CEO Linda Yacko

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

kazil posted:

It's a limit to replies. Anyone can still read his dumb posts. It's not even really a change for Musk because so many blues reply to his poo poo that the site breaks before you can load non-check replies.

anyway

This post is great because it draws attention to the fact that Musk is probably only incidentally antisemitic because he has no capability to think outside of what his circle of talking heads say. In practice he just aligns with the worst side in any given issue because his ket brain can't handle any kind of nuanced thought.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

did somebody say sports

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There are multiple sports happening right now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just publicly acknowledging the fact that people think your social media platform is an anti-semetic cesspool nbd

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

goatface posted:

There are multiple sports happening right now.

yeah blood sports

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Elon has trained for no rules kumite

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kazil posted:

anyway

made with mematic

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Steadiman posted:

Only the strongest among us may ever smell it. Then, and only then, the wise man will finally know whomst dealt it. This is true peace

The Art of Chemical War

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Twitter is dead. It's the Elon show now. People will still keep using the site, but it's never going to have the image it once did.

I expect it to fade into relative obscurity over the years until it's merged with something else or sold to the Saudis for pennies.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

nah they ran out of those real quick - most of them were just eating corpses that had been exhumed and dragged out into the sun to dry to fulfil the british market demand for dead people to eat

British food so bad they rather eat mummies

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

No. 6 posted:

Twitter is dead. It's the Elon show now. People will still keep using the site, but it's never going to have the image it once did.

I expect it to fade into relative obscurity over the years until it's merged with something else or sold to the Saudis for pennies.

Excuse me, but in fact he did the world a favor, as this verified gentleman will tell you:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1711608729731211352

JK, the site is undergoing accelerated enshittification, and no amount of lofty bullshit from Musk and his sycophants can change that.

I'm honestly a little morbidly fascinated by the outsized role Twitter plays in their minds. It really seems like they believe it's the center of the internet, and they seem to have absolutely no sense that social media sites can in fact grow less trendy and popular.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it doesn't even support custom mouse cursors (yet)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

"if successful" elon are you suggesting that there is a possibility that X the everything app will not succeed?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kazil posted:

"if successful" elon are you suggesting that there is a possibility that X the everything app will not succeed?

if it isn’t successful, it’ll be because the jewokes killed it!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Buce posted:

if it isn’t successful, it’ll be because the jewokes killed it!!!

oh sorry, it's kinda hard to keep up with all these new mind virus mutations

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I was just looking back through an old thread from last year, and in all the tweets with videos, either the loading stalls permanently after 10/15 seconds, or the audio cuts out at around the same point, and never loads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

toggle posted:

imagine the smell

I imagine formic acid smells like lemon juice