Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/jr6lEOw.mp4

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

GotLag posted:

That last one's just not the same without the fart noise :(

I love to watch it trying to fart myself at the right time.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:stare:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

namlosh posted:

Yeah what’s the story there? It looks like a newish building?

Just guessing, but it could be one of those "ghost buildings" they keep building in China, where some contractor just builds a loving ghost village out in the wilderness and surprisingly nobody wants to move out there, and then they either get abandoned or torn down.

Or collapse because a contractor who does things like this might not bother making sure the building is actually stable.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

ekuNNN posted:

I hate how purposefully poo poo the tiktok interface is. I hate it so much.

Every tiktok video I click on:
"where's the sound?"
*taps the screen to see if there's a volume/mute button*
*video stops with no apparent replay button*
"I'm too old for this."
*closes tiktok*

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Also no ability to fast forward or rewind

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bertolt rekt posted:

Please don’t slander tunnel lady

I think that she’s crossed running water, ruling out the potential that she is a vampire.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Uthor posted:

Every tiktok video I click on:
"where's the sound?"
*taps the screen to see if there's a volume/mute button*
*video stops with no apparent replay button*
"I'm too old for this."
*closes tiktok*

Instagram felt very similar when I tried to use it

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Scratch Monkey posted:

Also no ability to fast forward or rewind

Short videos poke the screen to pause and there's a slider at the bottom. Long videos have the slider visible to do it.

Like tiktok is definitely poo poo, but the one thing it isn't is hard to use.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

iwentdoodie posted:

Short videos poke the screen to pause and there's a slider at the bottom. Long videos have the slider visible to do it.

Like tiktok is definitely poo poo, but the one thing it isn't is hard to use.

The interface for those of us who don't install known spyware looks somewhat different.

Also it is not possible to seek, reverse, fast forward, or restart from the browser. I don't understand a world in which a completely nonfunctional website would compel anyone to install even a non-spyware app, but here we are.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
yeah dude I'm definitely not installing some tiktok app

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Lol at anyone over 30 on TikTok

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bunch of boomer posting itt.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just guessing, but it could be one of those "ghost buildings" they keep building in China, where some contractor just builds a loving ghost village out in the wilderness and surprisingly nobody wants to move out there, and then they either get abandoned or torn down.

Also a consequence of CCP massively overstating the population numbers for decades and seemingly believing their own lies.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Well, no one's stealing that bike.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

My job works with those lifts. Guess we install a collision avoidance sensor on some of them.

This one seems to be missing it!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Uthor posted:

My job works with those lifts. Guess we install a collision avoidance sensor on some of them.

This one seems to be missing it!

Most lifts come with them by default but they can all be disabled and usually are because they do not work and can trap you three stories up in a warehouse when you navigate into a corner it won't let you exit and you don't have enough space to drop.

At least, that's how I learned to disable them.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Or collapse because a contractor who does things like this might not bother making sure the building is actually stable.

Those ghost villages invariably fill up after the western reporters had their fun.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bunch of boomer posting itt.

I'd be shocked if you weren't an actual boomer.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I fall into the gap between Boomers and Gen-X (born in the early 60s) and don't use social media much at all, not because I don't understand it, but that I have no interest in what most of the users have to say.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I fall into the gap between Boomers and Gen-X (born in the early 60s) and don't use social media much at all, not because I don't understand it, but that I have no interest in what most of the users have to say.

Your friends are lame. Got it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'd be shocked if you weren't an actual boomer.

You wound me, friend.

Also, remember, being a dork is ageless.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a just-off-dead-center millennial thank you very much, and I'll be cold in the ground before I install a social media app on a phone with service. The only social media app I have installed is Snapchat (for business reasons unfortunately) and it's installed on a phone with no service that lives powered off in a box in my bedroom when I'm not explicitly using Snapchat.

I used to play a game called Truck Tires with Facebook app users who wanted me to install it. Close Facebook, put your phone on the table, and then just have a normal conversation, adding the name of a product you don't use (truck tires was first but it's gotta be different each time) to the end of each sentence. After ten or so minutes, you have them open Facebook and see how far they can scroll without getting an ad for the product. It was never far, and I got several converts playing it.

Every social media app is owned by right wingers, so I guess if you're comfortable being on all sorts of lists while they champ at the bit for a civil war, uh, enjoy the consequences. Also don't stand too close to me, those dipshits can't aim.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I'm a just-off-dead-center millennial thank you very much, and I'll be cold in the ground before I install a social media app on a phone with service. The only social media app I have installed is Snapchat (for business reasons unfortunately) and it's installed on a phone with no service that lives powered off in a box in my bedroom when I'm not explicitly using Snapchat.

I used to play a game called Truck Tires with Facebook app users who wanted me to install it. Close Facebook, put your phone on the table, and then just have a normal conversation, adding the name of a product you don't use (truck tires was first but it's gotta be different each time) to the end of each sentence. After ten or so minutes, you have them open Facebook and see how far they can scroll without getting an ad for the product. It was never far, and I got several converts playing it.

Every social media app is owned by right wingers, so I guess if you're comfortable being on all sorts of lists while they champ at the bit for a civil war, uh, enjoy the consequences. Also don't stand too close to me, those dipshits can't aim.

05 reg date earns you the Digital Boomer badge, sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Your friends are lame. Got it.

i talk to my friends like a normal person, it's not necessary to route everything through massive profit-seeking corporations

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

i talk to my friends like a normal person, it's not necessary to route everything through massive profit-seeking corporations

My friends are all in 5 different states. Every method of communication except handwritten letters is routed thorugh massive profit-seeking corporations.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

CainFortea posted:

My friends are all in 5 different states. Every method of communication except handwritten letters is routed thorugh massive profit-seeking corporations.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/beginners-guide-ham-radio-make/

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

You can route TCP/IP over AX.25 amateur radio. But it would be unusuable for anything that's not purely text based, because of the limited bandwidth.

At that point you might as well use one of the conventional text chat modes. A couple of watts on shortwave with one of the modern digital modes can get you hundreds, sometimes thousands of kilometers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Enos Cabell posted:

05 reg date earns you the Digital Boomer badge, sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Ok, yeah, this fits.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
I don’t get it, Signal is RIGHT THERE and it’s got like Snapchat-esque feeds now too so you can share your funny memes to your hearts content.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

And unless I start up my own semiconductor production line, still gonna have to involve profit seeking corporations.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ok, yeah, this fits.

Hey it's your 18th posting anniversary tomorrow. We've decided to drop you off at the Air Force recruitment center as a birthday present! Good luck!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Enos Cabell posted:

Heh, look at these pathetic olds. Well, I'm off to do cool stuff now *flips hat around and skateboards away* :c00lbert:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

LimaBiker posted:

You can route TCP/IP over AX.25 amateur radio. But it would be unusuable for anything that's not purely text based, because of the limited bandwidth.

At that point you might as well use one of the conventional text chat modes. A couple of watts on shortwave with one of the modern digital modes can get you hundreds, sometimes thousands of kilometers.

or just, you know, text people?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

And unless I start up my own semiconductor production line, still gonna have to involve profit seeking corporations.

good news, you don't need semiconductors to make a radio!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hear you can make them out of coconuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Personally I don't even own a phone that can install apps. Nokia 3310 can call people, text people and work as the world's most unignorable alarm clock. Any other computing is going to remain stationary in my home.