Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

it was me, i was just thinking about how there's not likely any support for hamas coming from the surrounding countries because they don't want to get nuked. which is understandable, i don't want to get nuked either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Stringent posted:

what's up with the iron dome anyhow, haven't seen anyone talking about it

Hamas disabled/neutralized it on the first day

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

you gotta hand it to MEMRI they clipped all of these heavily edited and manipulated images and videos to make arabs and palestinians look bad but its all bangers and 100% correct opinions

Hamas mickey mouse was 1000% correct

:rip: Farfour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vGDmdEP_0

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Vacationing literally anywhere else:
- Cheaper
- Less likely to be racist towards you
- There aren't priest-hobos throwing rocks at you
- Most of them aren't ethnosupremacy states
- Not as likely to get randomly bombed

Vacationing in Israel:
- You really love racism
- You need to cross "selfie on Palestinian ruins" off your bucket list
- Your israeli family members are guilt tripping you into visiting
- Lively bomb shelter nightclub scene

A lot of pros and cons imo

the Albanian bunker rave scene is way better imo

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lawyer up, Hamas. you're cooked!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Stringent posted:

all you hear is how the USA needs to refill the iron dome ammo stockpiles asap. at least that’s what you hear on msnbc.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

iraqi combatant deaths: 34,144–71,544
iraqi civilian deaths: 280,771-1,033,000

US civilian to combatant ratio: 8.2-14.5

idf deaths: 123
israeli civilian deaths: 900 minus 123 idf = 777

hamas civilian to combatant ratio: 6.3

I'm stealing this settling on this post my ancestors made, in order to win arguments online

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
my family friend is just too dumb and rich to know any better!!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Hamelekim posted:

all you hear is how the USA needs to refill the iron dome ammo stockpiles asap. at least that’s what you hear on msnbc.

Didn't they say that one truckload of Hamas rockets exhausts and entire iron dome battery? Lmao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

got a fresh shipment of iron dome from your mom last night

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Mantis42 posted:

got a fresh shipment of iron dome from your mom last night

:wow:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

bad news for the integrity, self awareness, and lack of hypocrisy of the first minister of scotland:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f0830b0d91d6edc

He should apologize to his parents-in-law for praising the terrorist state tormenting them

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

well that and all the "citizen journalists" the cia flooded the area with, who for the most part all stopped posting except for the bellingcat guy who decided to make it his "beat"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spaced God posted:

Didn't they say that one truckload of Hamas rockets exhausts and entire iron dome battery? Lmao

no, any one MRL truck from any army in use now is enough to overwhelm an iron dome battery.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mic grift has made it so that hamas can just shoot a bunch of bottle rockets next to the $50M iron dome battery and completely overwhelm them lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Spaced God posted:

Yea, the thing has incredibly limited capability and it's one weaknesses is exactly what it's supposed to be good at defending

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i gotta say hamas easily overcoming some absurdly expensive battery with 5 dollar pop rockets is lol

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Stringent posted:

Using hundreds of missiles is cheating.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Hatebag posted:

mic grift has made it so that hamas can just shoot a bunch of bottle rockets next to the $50M iron dome battery and completely overwhelm them lol

it was never really meant to be used

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

"Imagine that you are creating a fabric of human destiny with the object of making men happy in the end, giving them peace and rest at last, but that it was essential and inevitable to torture to death only one tiny creature — that baby beating its breast with its fist, for instance — and to found that edifice on its unavenged tears, would you consent to be the architect on those conditions? Tell me, and tell the truth."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

going on my time travel vacation to south africa

uh oh

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Grem posted:

Yea, the thing has incredibly limited capability and it's one weaknesses is exactly what it's supposed to be good at defending

it was built to stop sporadically launched, slow moving, low accuracy rockets, with large delay between them

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
In the district Neukölln, Berlin, a 61 year old teacher confronted a 14 old kid, when the student showed a Palestine flag on the schoolyard. A 15 yr old got mixed up in it and the teacher tried to punch him in the face (teach claims he was headbutted, but the vid does not show it), the kid karate kicked him in the gut and the old gently caress went down. German press is now creating a spin about bloodthirsty migrant hordes at their schools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aVt3bkXHQ

Hammerstein has issued a correction as of 15:20 on Oct 10, 2023

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

it was me, i was just thinking about how there's not likely any support for hamas coming from the surrounding countries because they don't want to get nuked. which is understandable, i don't want to get nuked either.

oh

yeah i mean, you can't really "invade and destroy silos real quick", they're made to launch their missiles in like 30s between the call happening, order being confirmed, and missile leaving it. typically the giant doors on top open so fast in the launch process they completely destroy the mechanism, just to save like 10s

MAD is real dumb

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

hey did enough people die yet for this thing to get solved???

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

From AJE

quote:

12m ago
 (14:05 GMT)
National security ministry will arm Israelis with 10,000 guns: Ben Gvir

Far-right national security minister, Itamar Ben Gvir, has announced his ministry is buying 10,000 guns to arm “civilian security teams” across Israel and the occupied West Bank, the Times of Israel reports.

The report said the weapons, 4,000 of which have already been bought, will go to Israeli towns close to the borders, but also to Israel settlements in the occupied West Bank and to mixed Palestinian-Jewish cities inside Israel, like Haifa.

Ben-Gvir is a hardline Jewish settler who has past convictions for supporting terrorism and incitement against Palestinians.

“We will turn the world upside down so that towns are protected,” Ben Gvir was quoted as saying. “I have given instructions for massively arming the civilian security team.”

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ben shapino posted:

can we get a probe on site for this creep

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ben shapino posted:

no, the "solution" is still ongoing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ben shapino posted:

cool thing to ask while people are being intentionally cut off from food and water op

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

In the district Neukölln, Berlin, a 61 year old teacher confronted a 14 old kid, when the student showed a Palestine flag on the schoolyard. A 15 yr old got mixed up in it and the teacher tried to punch him, the kid karate kicked him in the gut and the old gently caress went down. German press is now creating a spin about bloodthirsty migrant hordes at their schools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aVt3bkXHQ

nazi teacher hosed around and found out

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

or better yet just ban the loser

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ben shapino posted:

shut the gently caress up

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Spaced God posted:

FF has posted about it a couple times but the Iron Dome launchers only hold like 20 shots and take forever to reload assuming they even have anything to reload them with

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My old Mennonite college used to do semesters abroad in Israel (one of several options for a "cross-cultural" requirement that was in retrospect layered with the implicit assumption that students there were absolutely made of money). Knowing the professor who was running those trips at the time, they were definitely not "Israel is blameless and holy" indoctrination sessions, he was generally on the right side of things even in the early-mid 90s.

I have no idea if they still do those trips now, or if any of their students are there at the moment.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Hammerstein posted:

Defeated in the sense of that their aura of total superiority was broken. Now they will mobilize and commit some of the worst atrocities since Babi Yar.

"The enemy has being defeated!", I say as the enemy razes my cities on a whim is using like the most post-modern definition of defeated possible

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Truga posted:

no, the "solution" is still ongoing

thank you I will stay posted for news of progress

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Is the US carrier just there to provide Israel with extra A2G munitions?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zodium posted:

shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Truga posted:

oh

yeah i mean, you can't really "invade and destroy silos real quick", they're made to launch their missiles in like 30s between the call happening, order being confirmed, and missile leaving it. typically the giant doors on top open so fast in the launch process they completely destroy the mechanism, just to save like 10s

MAD is real dumb

yeah you gotta pop the dude with the laser pointer to stop it