Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Wat. Why post that

I felt like it. Why leave the H out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Never support celebrities, they can pay people to do that, don't do it for free.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Sinead O’Connor ripping up a photo of the Pope on SNL

She got done dirty. God forbid we hurt the feelings of a bunch of child-molesting priests and the Church that protects them.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Speaking of right-wing grifters, this might be a bit premature but I think we're finally seeing the downfall of Steven Crowder.

Perhaps most famous for this role as The Brain on PBS Kids' Arthur TV show, Crowder is a failed comedian and actor who got into the right-wing grift after his youtube videos starting gaining popularity in the late 2000s. This led to a series of interviews on Fox News and getting picked up by various conservative media outlets.

Crowder then repeatedly failed upward, getting fired from Fox News but rebounding with a popular youtube channel and podcast. He's pretty much the most run of the mill young conservative you can imagine - he says stupid poo poo, he skirts the line of being outright bigoted, and he disguises everything with a veneer of "humor" that he uses to deflect any kind of actual criticism.

In March of 2023, after getting repeatedly banned from youtube, Crowder moved his show to Rumble. What is Rumble? Basically a shittier social media platform designed for your racist uncle.

Then, in April of this year, a video came out showing him screaming and insulting his then-pregnant wife. Around the same time, Crowder got into a dispute with The Daily Wire, which is pretty much the premiere conservative media conglomerate that's also for your racist uncle.

Crowder had already lost a chunk of his audience and influence with the Rumble move, but the video exposed the real Crowder to people, and even his most die-hard fans began to turn on him. Couple that with The Daily Wire's dispute and it looks like (hopefully) this 37 year old loser is finally losing his relevance.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I legit don't understand how anything you posted would cause the kind of people that are his fans to turn on him

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Billionaire Donald Sterling managed to get completely banned for life from the NBA for various comments about black people, women, Magic Johnson, and Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUcRUbZbas

I mean he's still rich, but he was forced to sell the Clippers.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I legit don't understand how anything you posted would cause the kind of people that are his fans to turn on him

You have to walk a careful line as a conservative influencer. You can (and probably should) hate women, but you can't yell at your own pregnant wife. You can scam people, but you can't scam other conservatives. And you can post on websites like FREEDOMSOCIAL or TRUMPWEB or PATRIOTFORCE1 but you can't make it your only platform to watch your videos.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

You can also sexually harass women in the workplace, but not men.

What a shock that his whole on-camera “let me OWN the queers by dressing in drag and propositioning random dudes (no homo!)” persona was true to the workplace too

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

Funky See Funky Do posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5FdFlUcl0

This is the exact sort of corny poo poo I expect from the likes of Soundgarden and RATM.

Blasphemy.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Despite there being some repeats already, I'd like to keep this thread going until we can put Jared Leto in it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Torquemada posted:

Despite there being some repeats already, I'd like to keep this thread going until we can put Jared Leto in it.

Good god yeah, who is he paying off

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Crowder throwing a shitfit over the ideological impurity of the man offering him a fifty million dollar contract will never not be hilarious to me. Imagine being so consumed by fears of the Woke Mind Virus that you accuse the Daily Wire of kowtowing to big tech censorship.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

A Fancy Hat posted:

Steven Crowder [...] The Brain on PBS Kids' Arthur TV show

Ooh, that reminds me of when Kevin Clash got accused of sexually abusing teenage boys (and iirc came out in direct response to the accusations a la Kevin Spacey)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

You can scam people, but you can't scam other conservatives.

I'm pretty sure that scamming conservatives is the whole point of becoming a conservative influencer.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

McGavin posted:

I'm pretty sure that scamming conservatives is the whole point of becoming a conservative influencer.

Sorry, I meant other "conservative influencers" aka people who know the grift.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Small potatoes, but formally popular film reviewer/blogger Devin Faraci made a Twitter post, angry at Trump's "grab 'em by the pussy" comment. Then someone replied to the tweet with "you actually did that to me, remember?" and all of his lovely behavior came to light almost immediately. Fired from all his sites, persona non grata at all the cool film premieres and so on. When other people hired him to do some copy writing there was uproar and he slinked off to the shadows.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I mean it killed her career in anything remotely plausible and she fell into the right wing grift circuit as a result

https://twitter.com/thymetikon/status/1131702577878503425

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I mean it killed her career in anything remotely plausible and she fell into the right wing grift circuit as a result

https://twitter.com/thymetikon/status/1131702577878503425

lmao this one is an all-time banger

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Small potatoes, but formally popular film reviewer/blogger Devin Faraci made a Twitter post, angry at Trump's "grab 'em by the pussy" comment. Then someone replied to the tweet with "you actually did that to me, remember?" and all of his lovely behavior came to light almost immediately. Fired from all his sites, persona non grata at all the cool film premieres and so on. When other people hired him to do some copy writing there was uproar and he slinked off to the shadows.

Totally forgot that one

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Someone who would lie about being on birth control. Other than that I’m not sure.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Extra Large Marge posted:

When Katherine Heigl reacted to becoming a breakout star by badmouthing Knocked Up and Grey's Anatomy, the two pieces of work she was most well known for.

I used to live with a bunch of film industry people. Publicly badmouthing a project was always brought up as an easy career suicide. It takes an army of people to put together a movie or tv show, and when you run your mouth they all turn on you.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lt. Cock posted:

I used to live with a bunch of film industry people. Publicly badmouthing a project was always brought up as an easy career suicide. It takes an army of people to put together a movie or tv show, and when you run your mouth they all turn on you.

yeah that girl in the Snow White live action remake is firmly riding that Heigl trajectory right now

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Kristen Stewart? I thought the problem was that she was TOO nice to the director

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ElectricSheep posted:

Kristen Stewart? I thought the problem was that she was TOO nice to the director

no, the one Disney is making

the one whose press tour about being cast as Snow White by Disney is to tell everyone how much she hates the story and etc.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Robert Pattinson is doing okay despite vocally disliking Twilight I wonder what the difference between him and these women...

ah!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
IIRC Heigl was calling out a bunch of lovely male behavior

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

IIRC Heigl was calling out a bunch of lovely male behavior

I've only heard of a lot of stuff about her being super toxic to work with but yeah that could have all been in reprisal I guess?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

That Works posted:

I've only heard of a lot of stuff about her being super toxic to work with but yeah that could have all been in reprisal I guess?

When a bunch of men decide a woman is a huge bitch and impossible to work with, it's wise to approach those claims with skepticism at first.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

emSparkly posted:

When a bunch of men decide a woman is a huge bitch and impossible to work with, it's wise to approach those claims with skepticism at first.

Yeah totally. I get that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Every once in a while, I think about how Stephen Rannazzisi fell off the face of the earth after getting caught lying about working in one of the Twin Towers during 9/11, and I just smile. :allears:

edit: never too late to fix a typo

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 10, 2023

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

That Works posted:

90% of the time when you hear rumors about an actress being "bad to work with" it's because she refused to be harassed.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

That Works posted:

To my understanding (I dont follow pop tabloid stuff much) Cavil dated Carano, dated someone else, went back to Carano, then moved on. Also he made at best tone deaf comments about #metoo and there's a fair bit of rumors about him being a misogynist to the women writers and producers of the Witcher etc but again, just rumors so idk. He might be a solid dude but he's gotten enough bad press I'd be reluctant to just outright support him.

i thought those rumors turned out to have been spread by the Witcher showrunner after he was canned for arguing with their terrible decisions

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mozi posted:

i thought those rumors turned out to have been spread by the Witcher showrunner after he was canned for arguing with their terrible decisions

I don't know if that's ever been confirmed or not tbh, but like I said I dont follow pop news much beyond seeing an occasional headline. Given that its two less known female employees who have more to lose and Cavil's tone deaf metoo stuff in the past its to me at least worth noting. He definitely doesn't have some obvious cancel worthy scandal out there that is known so my opinion on him stays cautiously neutral.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Joss Whedon’s downfall started with the Justice League allegations. But the most damning thing to me was Michelle Tractenberg (Dawn on B:tVS) tweeting about an incident that happened between her and Whedon during production on Buffy. Said incident was apparently bad enough for the rest of the cast & crew to all privately agree that the actress should not be left alone with Whedon on set at any time.

She was a teenager at the time, he was pushing 40.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Alec Baldwin :clint:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sourdough Sam posted:

Alec Baldwin :clint:

It wasn't his career that died

Graham Fury
Oct 26, 2010
Normally winning an Oscar is a nice boost for an actor's career but I haven't seen Will Smith since he won his. Did something else notable happen that night?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Graham Fury posted:

Normally winning an Oscar is a nice boost for an actor's career but I haven't seen Will Smith since he won his. Did something else notable happen that night?

He finally entered the new Willennium

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 10, 2023

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
The truly damaging thing Katherine Heigl did to her reputation was declining Emmy consideration for Grey's Anatomy and making it known in the press she did so to stick it to the writers/producers.

"I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention," she tells Gold Derby. "In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials." https://www.businessinsider.com/2008/6/katherine-heigl-grey-s-anatomy-didn-t-give-me-emmy-worthy-material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lt. Cock posted:

Oh yeah the director of the 2015 Fantastic Four movie attacked his own film prior to release which uh, wasn’t good for his relationship with the studio. His IMDb gets a bit light after that.