Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there an acceptable way to talk about AIPAC controlling politics? To liberals I mean.

no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711751976965259430

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1711750138195014042

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1711752039640838347

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there an acceptable way to talk about AIPAC controlling politics? To liberals I mean.

No, this is tantamount to supporting Dachau

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

now is the time for the lion to take back golan

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

2 front war ftw

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

So forgive my ignorance, but I assume the problem Hezbollah has is that this happened so fast they were also not mobilized, and now the northern border is militarized. I don't remember enough of the last war but my assumption is Hezbollah can't mount a direct offensive against the IDF if they are on alert.

What are Hezbollah's actual options right now to support Gaza?

barring an actual ground invasion rockets/artillery maybe somehow sneak in supplies to hamas

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
feeling pretty proud of my mom who despite being an msnbc watcher still has the correct opinion of "israel should not be genociding palestinians and we shouldn't be giving them the tools to do so"

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1711708169007743020?s=46&t=kgTaX1tYWghEHRRIv1TWCg

:ok:

Griz
May 21, 2001

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

About the most milquetoast statement Markey could have made and it still wasn't enough for these psychos. gently caress Israel and Jake Auch, whoever the hell he is.

some random lovely rep who was 13 years old on 9/11

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Al! posted:

it's very much the "america would have won in afghanistan if only we'd killed more civilians" mentality

Colonel Walter Kurtz ...

quote:

If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly.

But then he gets 10 divisions of IDF, who surrender with their pants down.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I remember when Kamala Harris made a big deal about "not going to AIPAC" during the primary as a way of trying to win over voters

because AIPAC came to her office instead lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mcmagic posted:

The relationship that american jews have with israel is complicated. Especially older ones. Lots of indoctrination and brainwashing goes on. I think that I've gotten right on the issue and as you get younger I think American Jews are becoming more and more aware of what is actually going on there but slowly. My parents literally would not believe that Israel could ever do anything wrong, full stop.

the number one thing turning American Jews against israel is the absolute scalding contempt Israelis have for diasporic Jews, they very plainly see them as misguided children at best and race traitors at worst. it’s definitely not correct to say that Israelis hate diasporic Jews as much as they hate Palestinians, but they definitely hate them more than they hate actual swastika tattoo skinhead Nazis.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

So forgive my ignorance, but I assume the problem Hezbollah has is that this happened so fast they were also not mobilized, and now the northern border is militarized. I don't remember enough of the last war but my assumption is Hezbollah can't mount a direct offensive against the IDF if they are on alert.

it's assumed that Hezbollah has enough missiles at this point to do to israel what north korea could do to Seoul. in 2006 Hizbullah launched thousands of rockets daily from the start to the very end, and it's assumed their capabilities is probably exponentially more powerful at this point.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/GSDeutch/status/1711429728022733026

lmfao

known historically amazing reaction and following sequence of events: 9/11

oh my god, this loving retard was 13 when 9/11 happened and he has political power

we're so hosed

note that Jake Auchincloss is former Spec Ops and was involved in Latin American death squads

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

The Ukraine AV makes this for me, ngl.

lol

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1711752601383862607

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

hezbollah's best move is probably to try and goad the israeilis into invading lebanon because they've proven they can gently caress em up. over-extending the idf relieves pressure on gaza so they seem like they've got the right idea

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

those nazis in Ashkelon better start packing

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Hatebag posted:

hezbollah's best move is probably to try and goad the israeilis into invading lebanon because they've proven they can gently caress em up. over-extending the idf relieves pressure on gaza so they seem like they've got the right idea

yeah i was going to say this goading israel into lebanon is better than actually going into israel first

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Lebanon will launch Iranian drones Israel will attack Iranian drone factories equalling ???

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

those nazis in Ashkelon better start packing

i get your mad and rightfully so dude but we dont need to refer to every israeli as a nazi

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

There are no leftist westerners only liberals who want free healthcare.

In the US there have been more and larger protests in support of Palestine in the past few days than there has been over the past year condemning the US proxy war in Ukraine

It's not like mass outpourings in the street like 2020, but this is the most confrontational I've seen the broader "left" since Biden was elected. Part of the reason for the ferocity of the rhetoric is to get people back in line.

This is all a really minor thing compared to the actual struggle of people in Palestine of course.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

now is the time for the lion to take back golan

In the murky depths of a forgotten era, the Hegemon came to the world and reshaped it in His image. He annihilated the nations of the wicked along with their false gods, slew their great monsters which terrorized the land, cast whole continents into the sea. But He also forged kingdoms for the righteous, opened new lands for them to colonise, and yes, brought forth new monsters as well --for there must be monsters in order for there to be heroes. All prospered under His benevolent guidance.

But gradually He began to turn away from this world. His will became ambiguous, difficult to divine. Men were left to find their own paths. Gradually, strife and disorder began to re-enter the world. Where once the people had been united in service of the Hegemon, now they became divided. Empires collapsed into feuding nations, nations fractured into hollowed institutions, institutions dissolved into rival departments. At the breaking point, the people cried out as one for liberal guidance... and were met with silence.

Some said that it was the end of the unipolar world, that the Hegemon had left in preparation for some vast 4th dimensional chess move, or that He had been eradicated by some unfathomable climate change descending upon the world. Others said that it was the dawn of a new and golden era, that the Hegemon saw his work as finished and the world ready to surpass him. Some said that He was testing the people, or that He was merely focused on some new great task and would soon return in even greater glory, or even that the Hegemon had been a false God all along.

---

Born at the end of history, the Lion of Damascus represents an earlier era, when monsters and giants roamed the world. The Lion of Damascus is a huge lion with a golden pelt able to give the gift of sight. It is believed to be the descendent of the Golden Eagles. The monster ravaged the land of men with clouds of mustard until the previous Hegemon rose to action and imprisoned the beast for an age. Now with the Hegemon gone the Lion of Damascus is once more free from the sanctions that bound it to roam the bountiful lands of men.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
one of the reasons i think liberals are so kneejerk about burying their heads in the sand this time, is that this cant really be blamed on trump, and in fact a lot of the current situation has to do with obama

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Al! posted:

one of the reasons i think liberals are so kneejerk about burying their heads in the sand this time, is that this cant really be blamed on trump, and in fact a lot of the current situation has to do with obama

I don't think they remember back far enough to know that

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean the ideal scenario is for dumb gently caress Iranian basiji members volunteer to go fight alongside Hezbollah limiting Iranian citizen deaths without Israel carpetbombing Iran and maximizing poo poo stain basiji deaths. The more of them that die the better.

Death By The Blues has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Oct 10, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

i get your mad and rightfully so dude but we dont need to refer to every israeli as a nazi

otoh theres no need to start a "good germans" argument itt right now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Frosted Flake posted:

If in 2023 people are still defending AIPAC after the way they have interfered in dem primaries and then supported chuds in the general to kill progressive candidates than they are too far gone.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

luisiana comes out for Palestine!

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711753450953003187?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HallelujahLee posted:

If he won't, I will

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah i was going to say this goading israel into lebanon is better than actually going into israel first

plus in lebanon they have entrenched positions set up to deal with the israelis. bunkers, mortars, atgms, aa guns, etc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im sure some of them are very fine people

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

fair enough

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

HallelujahLee posted:

Gotcha, thanks Al-Saqr as well. So the problem is their best avenues to help are ones that will come at a cost to Lebanon as well, either via fighting the IDF in Lebanon or via retaliatory airstrikes in Beiruit and whatnot.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711753311840264604

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1711753854511947927

guess that fence isn't so smart after all

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

Aside from those extremely stable geniuses trying to say that Trump gave Putin Iron Dome specs which he then used to sell out Israel to Hamas.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

About the most milquetoast statement Markey could have made and it still wasn't enough for these psychos. gently caress Israel and Jake Auch, whoever the hell he is. And AOC too, while we're at it. Imagine being such a careerist loser that Nancy Pelosi reduces you to tears.

Auchincloss is both a spook and Kennedy-adjacent, sort of a succ singularity

They had to parachute him in there after ol' wet lips tried to primary Markey and bit it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Gotcha, thanks Al-Saqr as well. So the problem is their best avenues to help are ones that will come at a cost to Lebanon as well, either via fighting the IDF in Lebanon or via retaliatory airstrikes in Beiruit and whatnot.

pretty much theres no scenario where lebanon doesnt get bombed as well

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

liberals bury their head in the sand in order to reduce their vision to information that maintains perceptual alignment with the interests of Capital, like how you might move your legs so as to keep a thrown ball in the center of your field of view in order to catch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Can believe the Iron Dome was bullshit the whole time. Would could have seen this coming?