Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Frosted Flake posted:

I wanted to be a Late Antiquarian but then the academy was stripped for parts.

good news for your career choice: you are studying the collapse of an empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Frosted Flake posted:

You can't really serve in the IDF as a non-Jew.

if the hindu mercenaries convert to judaism, they make themselves more like their hated muslim adversaries, truly a conundrum

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there an acceptable way to talk about AIPAC controlling politics? To liberals I mean.

A mild criticism of AIPAC is what got Ilhan Omar in so much trouble a few years ago (back when she was still willing to take public stands on things)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Stringent posted:

the real pisser about that talking point is that israel defending itself is what brought on this attack. the israeli concept of defense actively makes the civilian population of israel less safe.

the west loves eternal violence that isn't actually violent because it's self defense and thus lawful good in nature

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm surprised iraq and egypt are making noise about sending even humanitarian aid. good for them!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Israel has already bombed Iran this year without any reprisal that we know of. Curious to know what Irans limit would be before they retaliate.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

The Voice of Labor posted:

if the hindu mercenaries convert to judaism, they make themselves more like their hated muslim adversaries, truly a conundrum

You can't really convert to Judaism

Depending on the color of your skin, you can technically even be born Jewish in a way that is not satisfying to Israel or Zionism

Trying Judaism to a white ethnostate was a terrible idea imo

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

docbeard posted:

A mild criticism of AIPAC is what got Ilhan Omar in so much trouble a few years ago (back when she was still willing to take public stands on things)

that's not fair she still does completely meaningless performative crap like hanging up a flag or whatever

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

responding to Hamas by immediately declaring war on Lebanon is some big brain stuff.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

not very many big brains in an insane genocidal apartheid regime

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

StashAugustine posted:

people can't grasp that you cant get play by play info on a war like its a football game

if only we had good ol' JR on commentary

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the west loves eternal violence that isn't actually violent because it's self defense and thus lawful good in nature

something I read from last week that stuck with me, before all of this even popped off, was someone saying that creating an exception for anti-war beliefs in the event of genocide doesn't actually reduce wars, it just means you have to create the impression of an impending genocide before doing the thing you were always going to do

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

shocking. this country really is irredeemable. :d2a:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

do you even really need to bring AIPAC into this if its gonna be a third rail? like the US happily supports all sorts of genocidal poo poo. we back the saudis to the hilt and they not only tried to starve an entire country to death (with US military assistance) but they, yknow, did 9/11 and no one gave a gently caress. the only difference is israel can, or at least could, pretend to be a liberal democracy while no one likes the house of saud that isn't cashing their checks

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Mantis42 posted:

Andrew Tate has a better position on Palestine than AOC

https://x.com/Cobratate/status/1710941438526017858?s=20

Ok you know what, Andrew tate is a Mysoginist monster and possible a trafficker but he gets a million gold points from me for this, when the chips were down he's doing what's right.

Give Hamas a Bu'Ga'ee!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

did he get a brain tumor

did i get a brain tumor

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Can someone give me a rundown on which of the hamas atrocities on the internet are true? Killing people in a bomb shelter and rape and murdering a grandma seem a bit over the top in terms of cartoon villiainy and I'm not sure i belive it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

did he get a brain tumor

did i get a brain tumor

Andrew Tate [has claimed to have] converted to Islam presumably because he prefers how [certain sects of] it treats women

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Zerg Mans posted:

Can someone give me a rundown on which of the hamas atrocities on the internet are true? Killing people in a bomb shelter and rape and murdering a grandma seem a bit over the top in terms of cartoon villiainy and I'm not sure i belive it

look yeah a lot of it is bullshit but i just have some bad news about the history of colonial dirty wars

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Zerg Mans posted:

Haven't seen any reliable accounts of atrocities behind hostage taking and hostage killing tbh

The unprompted mass speculation on broad rape of all women in The Combat Zone is a weird fantasy some people seem insistent on sharing with us at every opportunity and I wish those people would shut the gently caress up and to please keep both hands on their desk where we can see them

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Zerg Mans posted:

nobody knows so you may as well not try both-sidsing a conflict where one side has been forced into a concentration camp for decades and murdered to such an extent that the median age in gaza is 18.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Encouraging news for Zerg Mans - Zerg Mans is warmly encouraged to go throat a cactus, in a loving, gentle and consensual manner.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

HallelujahLee posted:

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi ordered sending a convoy of humanitarian aid to Palestine/
is this even making it over the border

I know the answer is probably yes but IDK poo poo about the I/P conflict other than basic stuff but did Israel really tell the people of Gaza to flee to the Egyptian border if they didn't want to get bombed and then closed the border

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zerg Mans posted:

none of it is real

hamas ftw

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that loser is a creep and a garbage poster no need to respond just ban

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

I know the answer is probably yes but IDK poo poo about the I/P conflict other than basic stuff but did Israel really tell the people of Gaza to flee to the Egyptian border if they didn't want to get bombed and then closed the border

yes they also bombed the border

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok you know what, Andrew tate is a Mysoginist monster and possible a trafficker but he gets a million gold points from me for this, when the chips were down he's doing what's right.

Give Hamas a Bu'Ga'ee!

you do not have to hand it to serial rapist, trafficker and exploiter Andrew Tate.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Mantis42 posted:

why did this more than anything make me feel the need to log off? is it because someone objectively garbage as a human still has more decency than every israel supporting american?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Muqtada al-Sadr is calling for a grand relief convoy to send aid to Gaza whether the Israelis like it or not

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1711755967640011007?s=20

blessed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

yes

Akaiku
May 17, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1711564263402209307

right-wing hack for the WaPo provides a boilerplate description of the rules-based international order and all the replies are about how he needs to gently caress off because Israel shouldn't be obliged to do any of it

While some people say "Death to America!" or "Death to Israel!" I am saying "Death to Western Civilization and the Rules-Based International Order"

Well, also the first to tbh.

Does Canada count as America?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Andrew Tate [has claimed to have] converted to Islam presumably because he prefers how [certain sects of] it treats women

visualizing someone at langely taking frantic notes about the new incel to hamas pipeline

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Solidarity_Star/status/1711756491907031461

:staredog:

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there an acceptable way to talk about AIPAC controlling politics? To liberals I mean.

you can have liberals carry out a holocaust if you're willing to commit to the bit.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Muqtada al-Sadr is calling for a grand relief convoy to send aid to Gaza whether the Israelis like it or not

now this is a freedom convoy I can get behind

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yes. Well I guess the border was already closed when the Israelis told people to go there.

And then they bombed the border crossing.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

yes they also bombed the border

Isn't this at least the second time they've pulled "gather here for safety" where "here" was basically a spot on a map with BOMB HERE written on it?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

lol has he always been a lib? I always assumed he was a fringe alt right guy but honestly never bothered to look into it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

drat....when did his beard go all white? i guess im older too now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

docbeard posted:

Isn't this at least the second time they've pulled "gather here for safety" where "here" was basically a spot on a map with BOMB HERE written on it?

Yeah the market they hit yesterday was supposed to be the safe spot they were herding people to