Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Light Gary, Dark Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SushiBenVR/status/1711513357583343698

drat, I wish this wasn't VR, it looks cute

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

These Tickington Quests are starting to get to me. I was trying to do them piecemeal to make sure I didn't get burned out, but you can't actually get that meany of them done until most the way through act II. Really want to 100% the game anyways, feel like the game deserves it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

There’s a lot I like about them, but not the gameplay (pre-PS2 anyway).

You might enjoy browsing FM3’s simulated online network.

Good rec. I was poo poo posting before, I assumed it was a world war who cares game. I don't think I'll play this, but I love me a fake videogame internet. There's a really a lot more of it than I expected when I googled for it, seems like it's maybe a core part of the game? Not just glue between sRPG combat.

I'm digging the vibes and aesthetics here. Diagonally scrolling tiles image backgrounds really make things feel more online and cyber and idgi why we, in the most online cyber age yet rarely have those backgrounds. Hell, animated background of all sorts fell out of fashion. Even doing it on Windows means getting some weird program instead of right clicking desktop.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i fought for nintendo in the old wars but looking back on it now like playstation had a much greater variety of games doing their own things and i missed out on a lot of cool weird poo poo. if i ever have a kid im getting em a psx and our cool clear green n64.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've literally never heard of Front Mission what even is it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mecha SRPG

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MeXCOM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Kill La Kill style title cards are a fun touch

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

picked back up on ng+ in lies of p and having a jolly romp through the midgame. made it back to red lobster and boy am i gonna get those cheesy biscuits even faster this time

i'm going to feel really really bad for killing king of puppets again when i can understand what he's saying :(

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I tried The Lamplighter's League on my low-midrange PC (by today's standards) and man....

I got two missions in, basically just clearing the tutorial, and had to stop. There's no reason it should run this badly while looking the way it does.

This is an official screenshot, there's no way I should be barely maintaining framerate at 1080p.

Also the controls are weirdly controller-optimised for what feels like a PC-natural genre. Probably the worst part is that the game plays kind of like Shadow Tactics until you get into a fight or manually trigger turn-based mode, but you switch characters by either manually cycling through them or clicking them... and if you order your current character to go somewhere, and then switch away from them, they just stop dead in their tracks. Baffling design decision.

It's also very easy to accidentally double-click when you're trying to get finicky about positioning... which triggers a sprint, which also triggers an auto group-up for anyone in range. Just an awful UX.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

It’s been brought to my attention that Steamboat Willie will go public domain this January

Looking forward to Mickey Mouse horror movie and horror video games soon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah Lamplighters league runs like rear end and the controls for the commandos part are terrible. I'm also at the point where you have to do that part well otherwise you enter combat outnumbered 4 to 1. Also in the midgame there are enemies that are immune to stealth takedowns which is even more annoying.

However I've made my peace with it by doing the tried and true stealth game tactic of "Kite one dude away from the pack, enter combat and annihilate him while he's the only one aggroed, go back to stealth, rinse and repeat".

I do like that every agent has unique abilities and a unique skill tree, and one of the default team members has the xcom ranger style "kill people in melee and get an action for every kill" which is p. satisfying. I will see this through to the end of a campaign I guess

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Steve Yun posted:

It’s been brought to my attention that Steamboat Willie will go public domain this January

Looking forward to Mickey Mouse horror movie and horror video games soon

Really surprised they are gonna let that go, and with the dysfunction in congress it is unlikely Disney is going to going to slip in another 10 year extension on copyright in time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Disney I think has given up on extending copyright and is just gonna rely on trademarks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're gonna gently caress with the interpretation of scope of protection and ruin things even more.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If they let me be CEO of Disney for one day I'd put all our IP in the public domain. It's a crutch.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

From what I understand, Mickey the character is still very much corporate property even if we'll be able to show Steamboat Willie, the film, in public without paying now.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Just for added context this English text is from the original PS1 game. It was never in Japanese to begin with. Yes the original game had flavor text written in broken English by the Japanese devs. But the remake also has broken translation so eh and really shouldve at least tried to localize the broken text better.

Front Mission 2 is good though and I would play it for the gameplay and mechs.

The funny thing is Chatgpt can actually fix the broken English somewhat:

President Luvballad of the U.C.S has expressed concern about a recent coup d'état within the O.C.U, highlighting the collapse of their joint nationalism. Furthermore, President Luvballad criticized the fragility of the O.C.U's national system, which has consistently faced issues related to race.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 10, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought it meant you could straight up sell copies of steamboat Willie, and make your own stuff featuring that depiction of the character.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Steamboat Willie: Origins

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All the public domain Winnie the Pooh horror adaptations are really making me yearn for the eternal stranglehold of capitalism.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

All the public domain Winnie the Pooh horror adaptations are really making me yearn for the eternal stranglehold of capitalism.

The Disney Psyop

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's always an annoying experience when you want to watch a public domained film and have to find out which of the 50 releases is in remotely acceptable quality so i think copyright, IP, rent seeking, etc is epic win

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1711773977129923048

They're increasing the price of the digital version and they're now selling the stand separately

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*nods* Phony Failstation.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
disc drive looks even more like it doesn't belong there now

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ometeotl posted:

They're increasing the price of the digital version and they're now selling the stand separately

It somehow looks even worse lol. Love my big beefy launch boi

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ometeotl posted:

Internal storage is slightly increasing to 1TB.

haveblue posted:

disc drive looks even more like it doesn't belong there now

Yeah I thought for sure they’d better integrate into the shape in a revision.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

any side-by-side comparisons to the original model yet? curious to see how much smaller it actually is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Depends if they've got the production line operational yet or are still working from renders.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was hoping a new revision would be able to stand without an awkward peripheral but Sony wants their money I suppose

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lmao they're not even cutting the price?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gotta pay that $50 to get the extra 120GB of storage you understand

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This console generation has been so disappointing and pathetic.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Khanstant posted:

I thought it meant you could straight up sell copies of steamboat Willie, and make your own stuff featuring that depiction of the character.
I think you can use the Steamboat Willie version of Mickey but not the one that everyone knows (i.e. who has distinct eyeballs and talks). And I'm sure Disney will fight tooth and nail using whatever underhanded bullshit they can muster. Like when the Conan-Doyle estate sued Netflix, arguing that any version of Sherlock Holmes that's not a black-hearted prick is not public domain because he only became humanized due to Arthur Conan-Doyle's WW1-related trauma (of course this is now moot because even that later version is in the public domain).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's called the ps5 slim because there's a slim chance ill buy one!!!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

If you purchase the PS5 Digital Edition, you can add the Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive for PS5 later, as it will also be sold separately for 79.99 USD | 119.99 EURO | 99.99 GBP | 11,980 JPY.

Sony, 80 USD is not 120 EUR. Get the gently caress outta here with this poo poo.

They're including a horizontal stand in the box but you gotta buy the vertical one…?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gonna be honest that price increase on the digital kinda ruined my day. I had been hoping all through the reversion rumors that it would come with a price drop, a reasonable ask for a system three years on the market.

Now I don't know if I'll ever be able to get one.

Maybe if someone is trying to offload their old model I could maybe find a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's called the ps5 slim because there's a slim chance ill buy one!!!