Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The slims model always came with a price drop. The PS3 and the PS4 both dropped $100 don’t remember what the PS1 and PS2 dropped to. Sony is just being weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

I thought it meant you could straight up sell copies of steamboat Willie, and make your own stuff featuring that depiction of the character.

Yes but no: https://www.cartoonbrew.com/law/steamboat-willie-copyright-mickey-mouse-2024-224477.html

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hatty posted:

The slims model always came with a price drop. The PS3 and the PS4 both dropped $100 don’t remember what the PS1 and PS2 dropped to. Sony is just being weird

Sony and Microsoft are both getting arrogant this generation in a way that the other can't curb.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its called the ps5 slim because the boot up animation is the full weapon of choice music video by fatboy slim ft christopher walken

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mickey mouse sucks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol @ the disc drive looking like it's bolted onto the side

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The next gen consoles dropped right before a period of global inflation, so disappointing but not entirely unexpected that they're using revisions to up the prices. Maybe next gen we get a price drop again.

As far as Disney copyright goes, I feel like the movies
starting with snow white becoming public domain in a few years is the much bigger deal (and a good motivator for the live action remake).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

It somehow looks even worse lol. Love my big beefy launch boi

this

I have my ps5 on a metal utility shelf so there's full clearance left right front back and also about 6 inches vertical clearance

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah the character of mickey mouse itself will not be public domain, specifically only the version depicted in steamboat willy will be, and any characteristics only present in later works could be argued as infringing.

This was the basis for the Sherlock Holmes had Emotions lawsuit

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im glad the sega cd is making a comeback

now we just need a 32x and we'll really be cookin

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Well honestly I think it would be really exciting to be sued by Disney so Steamboat Willie is in my stupid goblin world now. I'm not even waiting till 2024. Come at me you bastards.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

they dropped the quests for Horde Rush but you can't actually play Horde Rush yet? What's going on at Epic?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

hatty posted:

The PS4 only kinda dropped in price since they announced it at the same time as the PS4 Pro which went in at the original price so if you were going to buy a PS4 at that point you'd only get the regular PS4 if you were A Poor.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

This console generation has been so disappointing and pathetic.

literally the only reason I can justify my PS5 is the fact that at some point in the future I will be able to play Space Marine 2, and that wouldn't be true if I had a PS4. That's the only generation-exclusive worth a drat, and it's not even out yet!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah the character of mickey mouse itself will not be public domain, specifically only the version depicted in steamboat willy will be, and any characteristics only present in later works could be argued as infringing.

This was the basis for the Sherlock Holmes had Emotions lawsuit

but every year will bring new Mickey cartoons into the public domain, each unlocking new characteristics of the character. Every new year will bring a little present, a bundle of things you can now legally make Mickey do.

exquisite tea posted:

All the public domain Winnie the Pooh horror adaptations are really making me yearn for the eternal stranglehold of capitalism.

edgy horror stuff is actually the most safe legally, because it's so unlike anything Disney has done with the character. If you wanted to make a fun little kid's game about Winnie, that's a goddamn legal minefield.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My PS5 is only for final fantasy games

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

they dropped the quests for Horde Rush but you can't actually play Horde Rush yet? What's going on at Epic?

U play fortnite?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Khanstant posted:

U play fortnite?

yes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is the "Save the World" mode still in there

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Disney just can't quit games

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1711810811482575199?s=20

(last time this ended in a lot of studio closures)

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Euphoriaphone posted:

any side-by-side comparisons to the original model yet? curious to see how much smaller it actually is.

I dunno about this, it's not that much smaller:

https://www.theverge.com/2023/10/10/23911388/new-ps5-model-slim-size-comparison

https://comparesizes.com/comparison/PS5-Redesign-specs-vs-PS5-Digital-Redesign-specs-vs-PS5-Original-specs/1696956384858

But sony will sure save a bunch of money on manufacturing it so you can be sure the margin is improved.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Disney just can't quit games

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1711810811482575199?s=20

(last time this ended in a lot of studio closures)

2 companies known for treating their workers like slaves.

A match made in heaven.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally they will have the permanent Star Wars license they have always dreamed of

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Disney already owns a big games company, it is called LucasArts

Oh wait

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, Iger's probably not gonna make any mega huge moves like this considering he's essentially an interim CEO

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why is he allowed to walk this Earth still? I can't get any sleep with the gates of hell wide open beckoning for their child to come home.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought Disney was struggling?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They've definitely had a lot of box office duds this year, but that's only a small part of their business.

But also this is barely news. Maybe one executive probably wrote a memo saying "We should do more in video games. What if we did something Ilke buying EA?" And Iger is just like "Iunno."

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 10, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I mean we had a good laugh with that leaked email from Phil Spencer saying 'buying Nintendo would be a feather in my cap' moment

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

To be fair to Phil Spencer, he clearly knew that "buying Nintendo" was not feasible, the email in question is him responding to a question from a marketing exec and it's basically corpo bullshitting of the "great question, and not a complete waste of my time and the most idiotic thing i've ever heard" variety

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Activision-Blizzard alone makes like twice the yearly revenue of Nintendo.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are you suuuure that's true

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

According to google and Companies Market Cap

In 2022 Nintendo's revenue was 12.62 billion dollars

and

SEC.Gov states

For the year ended December 31, 2022, Activision Blizzard's net revenues presented in accordance with GAAP were $7.53 billion,

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Looks like the new ps5 is only slightly smaller

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Video Games Thx posted:

Are you suuuure that's true

They have Candy Crush so yes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I actually just read some numbers wrong. But imagine the thing I said was actually true! I rest my case.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Big Nintendo's propaganda dept is particularly insidious

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm still kinda frightened that Nintendo legally can and would force an American citizen into wage slavery for the rest of his working life. Some dark lols there.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Don't do the cool cool crime of piracy if you aren't willing to pay the price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you can't afford the price of something you should absolutely download a shared copy. You're literally entitled to that much just by being born on this toilet world