Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are still trying to find what this game is. Can’t imagine the stress on the devs having to comply with season and expansion schedules when they are still wrestling with basic concepts like how should characters be built

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

something they haven’t brought up yet which is weird: straight weapon damage is going from 2. something K to like 4.4K so all the other damage balancing seems really weird since people were calculating base damage to be going up 1.5x just on the back of the ilvl of just the weapon increase.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Looking to release road maps in the future with goals/dates for specific features/expansion/content release dates.

No plans to intentionally make zero DPS/100% support builds.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

External Organs posted:

Dad gamers, wait for someone else to do the math!

You: tired, panicking, overwhelmed by trying to math out the best builds to showcase on youtube because the ad money barely pays your rent.
Me: refreshed, chill, relaxing by clicking a website that says do x,y,z to blow up monsters real good.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
training dummy? did i hear that right?

diabros...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Necros and Sorcs are going to have an advantage on reducing elemental damage with new system because they stack intelligence and that is intended and fine.

Other classes will still have a big advantage on reducing physical damage.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

"Shout Issue" for Barb is a known issue.

It will be partially addressed to make it less mandatory in season 2, but they don't fully know what they want to do. Don't want to make shouts useless, but current situation where most builds pick 3 shouts is not good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They don’t know why players pick all defensive skills on sorc or all the shouts on barbs

They did not predict it.

They went too far on shouts. They are going to decouple them

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Make shouts a part of your arsenal. Done!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Full patch notes coming shortly.

5 new legendary powers per class.
5 new uniques per class.
5 new non-class specific legendary/uniques.
No new uber uniques.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

10 new glyphs too

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

euphronius posted:

They don’t know why players pick all defensive skills on sorc or all the shouts on barbs

They did not predict it.

They went too far on shouts. They are going to decouple them

lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Stream over.

Full patch notes will be up shortly.

Second content patch for season 2 (training dummy, lair, and respec changes) coming in "late October" roughly 2 weeks after Season 2 starts.

Look for more D4 announcements at Blizzcon.

Awkward reminder for people watching the stream who don't yet own Diablo 4 to buy the Steam version coming October 16th.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Removing non-physical reduction from armour and making individual elemental resistances do something useful is an across the board nerf to stats from gear, right? Resistance rolls reach 40-50% for individual elements, so that's 8 affixes you're giving up to hit the cap?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Decent stream. Seems like the plan for S2 is to test some fundamental changes to core systems, make more builds viable, and do a first pass to make itemization better.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Tarnop posted:

Removing non-physical reduction from armour and making individual elemental resistances do something useful is an across the board nerf to stats from gear, right? Resistance rolls reach 40-50% for individual elements, so that's 8 affixes you're giving up to hit the cap?

They are also adding +resist all as innate affixes on rings and amulets, boosting the range on resistance affixes, and raising the cap on affix rolls based on ilvl.

They said that when your gear is around the ilvl from level 80 mobs, most players should have close to 70% resist all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ehud posted:

Decent stream. Seems like the plan for S2 is to test some fundamental changes to core systems, make more builds viable, and do a first pass to make itemization better.

I guess I was underwhelmed but they probably did not plan on making changes like this so soon

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Is intelligence still gonna give innate resistances?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
yeah, they said sorc and necro will be advantage because of that. i wonder if that racing 70% for everyone takes into account the -40% from WT4

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

euphronius posted:

I guess I was underwhelmed but they probably did not plan on making changes like this so soon

yeah they pretty much admitted there are some foundational problems with the game that need to be addressed

it sucks that they have to go back and do that stuff instead of focusing on adding fun new things

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

harrygomm posted:

yeah, they said sorc and necro will be advantage because of that. i wonder if that racing 70% for everyone takes into account the -40% from WT4

Nice! Now give me some items that give like 30% of physical damage is taken as fire damage and we'll be cooking with that good PoE gas :twisted:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

notes up

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

New Affix: Get even madder

quote:

When you gain Berserking while already Berserk, you have a 40-60% chance to become more enraged.

Even more enraged effects:

quote:

granting 15% (multiplicative damage) [x] increased damage, 2 Fury per second, and 10% Cooldown Reduction.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Barb players should actually have to shout into their mics to activate them.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

New Affix: Get even madder

Even more enraged effects:

They're definitely reading this thread.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It is a terrible day for the haters

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I did barb for preseason and season 1 and prolly just gonna do barb again for season 2

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Big overpower buffs.

quote:

Overpower attacks now always deal up to x50% increased damage, based on your current life percentage.
Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life you have in Fortify.
Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life that you have in bonus life above your Base Life.
All Overpower Damage Affixes have increased by 50%.
Overpower Damage Paragon Glyphs have increased by 33%.
Overpower Damage Paragon Nodes have increased by 50%.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

I did barb for preseason and season 1 and prolly just gonna do barb again for season 2

Barb or druid for me...haven't touched those classes yet.

The big content stuff that I guess most people want are going to be confined to dlc/expansions. Season 2 updates and changes are going to be the most anyone is going to get for future seasons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you sure Leon. What was the max before

For overpower

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

euphronius posted:

Are you sure Leon. What was the max before

For overpower

It was 50% before.

https://www.polygon.com/diablo-4-guides/23762223/overpower-fortify-damage-increase-crit

The big buffs are these:

quote:

Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life you have in Fortify.
Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life that you have in bonus life above your Base Life.
All Overpower Damage Affixes have increased by 50%.
Overpower Damage Paragon Glyphs have increased by 33%.
Overpower Damage Paragon Nodes have increased by 50%.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

700 Platinum, previously 666 Platinum, can now be acquired from Tiers in the Premium Battle Pass.

Is that enough for a season pass?

Edit: It's 1000 for a pass, boooooo!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Re overpower

It started at x50%

It’s now CAPPED at x50%

I could be wrong but that’s how I read it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heh. I wonder if they'll add a $_66 item to the cash shop at some point just to clean up our balances.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heh. I wonder if they'll add a $_66 item to the cash shop at some point just to clean up our balances.

lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I know.. they haven't made the mtx a priority so far, so why start now, but it's a nice thing to wish for!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

euphronius posted:

Re overpower

It started at x50%

It’s now CAPPED at x50%

I could be wrong but that’s how I read it

Ah. I think you might be right. I'm not totally sure based on the notes. They said on the stream that they were buffing it, which doesn't seem in line with that. Maybe they just meant the affixes?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Ah. I think you might be right. I'm not totally sure based on the notes. They said on the stream that they were buffing it, which doesn't seem in line with that. Maybe they just meant the affixes?

Thanks for the quick updates on all this stuff like you've been doing. It's super helpful.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
What’s the point of overpower, someone who knows ARPGs explain the advantage of an overpower system? Just seems like a bunch of BS to do a little more damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They literally said re crit vuln and overpower that they were gutting them and that everyone's numbers were going down. Not that they were buffing them.

Lord Packinham posted:

What’s the point of overpower, someone who knows ARPGs explain the advantage of an overpower system? Just seems like a bunch of BS to do a little more damage?

It is a way to get damage from survivability stats in the classes that support it.