Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They had commented on the multi-floor thing before to the effect of "We're aware but that's a niche case so eh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Decided to go for the Xenomorph Adept the other night, man I felt bad for David because he was using No Mither so every time I hooked someone, he was on my radar (unless someone else was injured) thanks to Alien Instinct.

I felt bad after the match when I realized he was not only going for Adept, but only had level 1 perks. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1711751136225439751?s=20

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

drat this Hillbilly outfit is sick

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Nerfing Skull Merchant has made her popular! They should do this more often, I guess

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So Skull Merchant has a bug where two of her add-ons combine together to give you permanent stacking buffs to your break speed.

Meanwhile Background Player and Plot Twist can combine to give a survivor 250% movement speed. This is /not/ a bug.

:shepface:

Also all the Frosty Eyes cosmetics have just vanished so ???

PlasticAutomaton fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 10, 2023

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Can't be mad about Plot Twist. You gotta lay there totally vulnerable for 30 seconds just to get your 4 seconds of zoomies.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh Background Player was just randomly buffed to give 200% movement speed. For five seconds. Plot Twist is just hilarious overkill.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm fine with Background Player being 200%. It's really only going to be super useful for sabo squads, which is going to suck, but it's not going to help in chases at all. It'll help you get out of dodge when Bubba downs someone right next to a hook and you need to get away ASAP, but overall it'll never hit my loadout.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm enjoying new Skull Merchant. She's definitely mid-tier at best and can't 3-gen anymore (thank god) but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. Probably helps that I like the aesthetic.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm still mad about learning that she doesn't sell skulls

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hoped she'd be a new mechanic. Bring her broken hexes for buffs.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Danaru posted:

I'm still mad about learning that she doesn't sell skulls

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Oh this new background player buff has made all the sabo squads come out to play so Agitation is staying right the hell in the build until that stops.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Really liking Lucky Star + Inner Healing. Mapwide survivor auras on demand when needed, the closest gen aura is surprisingly helpful, and IH is just all around great.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

"you're a boring trapper, you should play nurse"

yes, god forbid I drop chase on the pre-dropping Kate who's using MFT and windows on eyrie of crows, and make an effort to block choke points, truly a very boring trapper, and not how his power is designed to be used.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

tithin posted:

"you're a boring trapper, you should play nurse"

yes, god forbid I drop chase on the pre-dropping Kate who's using MFT and windows on eyrie of crows, and make an effort to block choke points, truly a very boring trapper, and not how his power is designed to be used.

Any survivor who calls you 'boring' is mad because they didn't get a free win. It's the same reason people call every anti-loop killer that comes out 'boring'. Oh no, they can't turn their brain off and do the same loop garbage they've put 4000 hours into practicing for 5 gens then teabag in the gate, better make it everyone else's problem that they can't and don't want to adapt to any other type of gameplay.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've noticed an uptick of survivors trying to reset pallets right infront of me and then ragequitting when I punish them for it. IDGI. is this another survivor handbook thing where I'm supposed to just let them do that?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've noticed an uptick of survivors trying to reset pallets right infront of me and then ragequitting when I punish them for it. IDGI. is this another survivor handbook thing where I'm supposed to just let them do that?

Doing anything to endanger the survivors' fragile state is grounds for an immediate banning.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

quote:

BHVR is out of touch with this one.

Some things will happen because of this:
1. Top tiers will be more common than they already are.
2. Queues will be longer. Killers will just stop playing.
3. Slowdown perks will be even more common.
4. Killer sweat will increase.
5. Survivor perks have now received an indirect buff across the board.
6. Kill rates will go down.
7. Tunneling is going up
8. Hatch and gate giving is going down.

Killers are not gonna bother running anything that isn't strong anymore. They're gonna need the mobility to not camp or patrol HUGE maps and they're gonna need necessary slowdown to play that way. If the game is in limbo, players are getting tunneled out to try and get back into the game. Survivors believe this update is so good, but it's gonna bring far more harm. They're just too naive to look at it passed the mechanic itself.

Saw this post on Steam and laughed. From a supposed Survivor Main, but this totally reads as from a Killer main who loves to camp.

Edit - Regarding anti-camp

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"killers will stop playing" dog if anti camp makes some killers stop playing, the game is better off without them

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I haven't really been keeping up with the news. This new anti camp meter thing doesn't work when gates are powered right?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I haven't really been keeping up with the news. This new anti camp meter thing doesn't work when gates are powered right?

Right, since there's nothing to do other than bait survivors with a hook after the gates are powered.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

Right, since there's nothing to do other than bait survivors with a hook after the gates are powered.

Yeah exactly. Just well. Given the questionable balance decisions BHVR does, I had to make sure.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Proxy camping is one thing, but I can’t imagine how joyless your life has to be in order for staring at a hooked player for two minutes to be considered fun.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Some people play a role in a game just to have power and sadistic control over somebody to make up for an inadequacy in the rest of their life. Taking away camping means that poster can't kick somebody for two minutes in a zero risk position to feel better.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Proxy camping is one thing, but I can’t imagine how joyless your life has to be in order for staring at a hooked player for two minutes to be considered fun.

Joker voice: It's not about bloodpoints, it's about sending a message.

Doing it regularly is poo poo but I'm not too proud to admit that there has been once or twice when I've had an extremely annoying and toxic TTV that I decided to put in the time out chair.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 11, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Proxy camping unfortunately has uses. Someone on hook and there's two gens within walking distance? Yep, the smart thing to do is to stay in that area.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

Proxy camping unfortunately has uses. Someone on hook and there's two gens within walking distance? Yep, the smart thing to do is to stay in that area.

It's not even the gens, it's the knowledge that hooked survivors attract rescuers within seconds of being put on the hook. The ideal thing is to let them bleed on the hook until they're almost at the next stage then rescue them, but it's pretty often you'll have one or more survivors diving the hook after ten seconds.

VVV Yeah that is a big part of it. If you turn it into a competition then tactics go out the window.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 11, 2023

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I also blame the archives/dailies for that one. "Unhook 12 people", sure, I just have to beat Meg to the hook since she has that archive too and I don't get poo poo if she beats me to it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

I also blame the archives/dailies for that one. "Unhook 12 people", sure, I just have to beat Meg to the hook since she has that archive too and I don't get poo poo if she beats me to it

New Tome has a bunch of Dredge challenges so get ready to see him!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Pants Donkey posted:

Twitch streamer HookCamperLOL is going to take a huge viewer hit. *pours beer out for the homie*

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Doomykins posted:

Some people play a role in a game just to have power and sadistic control over somebody to make up for an inadequacy in the rest of their life.

Yes but enough about survivor mains :v:

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
You: I will take cover and wait for the ideal time to unhook.
Me: I HAVE WE'LL MAKE IT DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT IT'S MINE GO GO GO YES I GOT IT

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

The ideal thing is to let them bleed on the hook until they're almost at the next stage then rescue them, but it's pretty often you'll have one or more survivors diving the hook after ten seconds.

If someone on a hook is on the verge of Stage 2/3, the killer is almost guaranteed to be there to hassle you. After all, they only have to commit a few seconds of their time (not enough to give them a free unhook, even with the new system) to gain an entire hook stage.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BrewingTea posted:

If someone on a hook is on the verge of Stage 2/3, the killer is almost guaranteed to be there to hassle you. After all, they only have to commit a few seconds of their time (not enough to give them a free unhook, even with the new system) to gain an entire hook stage.

Sure, but there's a difference between "unhooking the second before you change stages" and "killer takes two steps away and there is already someone unhooking". There's a lot of time there that could be spent on gens but it's usually a rush to get them off the hook for reasons already mentioned upthread.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sokani posted:

You: I will take cover and wait for the ideal time to unhook.
Me: I HAVE WE'LL MAKE IT DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT IT'S MINE GO GO GO YES I GOT IT

There's nothing funnier or more tragic than multiple people in solo queue with Deliverance fighting over the first unhook.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

There's nothing funnier or more tragic than multiple people in solo queue with Deliverance fighting over the first unhook.

A single person in the lobby brings Deliverance and is the first one on the hook.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Relyssa posted:

A single person in the lobby brings Deliverance and is the first one on the hook.

A bot is born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

There's a lot of time there that could be spent on gens but it's usually a rush to get them off the hook for reasons already mentioned upthread.

Oh, from a gen-completion standpoint, sure. I see what you're saying.

Although...

Sokani posted:

I will take cover and wait for the ideal time to unhook.

...isn't getting gens done.

Edit: As survivor, I have played against nothing but Skull Merchant since the patch. 7 matches now, jesus

BrewingTea fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 11, 2023