Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Flipswitch posted:

I watched ep 1 on a whim and it didn't catch my interest at all so that's me done with Picard folks.

Starting SNW Wed with a friend.

You made the correct choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

redshirt posted:

One of the best arcs in Science Fiction. It's long and organic, but there's one moment that stands out - when Damar is shocked that the Dominion would carpet bomb Cardassian cities, killing civilians, women and children, and he asks "What kind of people would do that?" and Kira, who's listening, responds "Yeah, Damar, what kind of people would do that?"

And he's outraged, at first, but then he gets it. And he changes dramatically thereafter.
That Kira immediately has a subtle "poo poo, did I just go too far?" reaction is another great bit of acting in that scene too.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I imagine it''s more like;

"Computer; generate a model of Counselor Troi"

"Apply outfit;' 'Tango-Zero-Two-Four' from my personal files."

"Set Personality preset 'Juliet-Four-Four-Alpha'"

"Insert character into program; 'Dominatrix Dungeon, Version Four."

"Execute Program and Engage".

Man your code's all hosed up, check this out:

"Computer start BDSM Dungeon program 3"

"Change Dom avatar to match Counselor Troi"

Bing bong done, don't forget to remove safety protocols and don't forget your safe word

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Payndz posted:

That Kira immediately has a subtle "poo poo, did I just go too far?" reaction is another great bit of acting in that scene too.

I like when Damar shoots his own man who's trying to sabotage their heist of the Breen weapon ship, and Kira and Garak have this little look at each other like, "Well, now we definitely know this guy is for real"

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

"Computer: counselor Troi, bimbofied, large breasts, dominant personality, extremely high detail, dynamic lighting, bdsm outfit, metal torture rack, underground dungeon, whips, chains, leash, ball gags, lube, bisexual lighting, deep trance bass in other room, and have Captain Picard walk in on us halfway through."

"Unable to comply, you have exceeded your holodeck credits for the month."

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
WTF is bisexual lighting

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Apollodorus posted:

WTF is bisexual lighting

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Do you think it's hard for Starfleet crew to remember program names by code? You want to show your friend the new Dixon Hill novel, but by god you're desperate to recall if you saved it as Name_Alpha_Seven or Name_Alpha_Six, and you know if you pick the wrong one your friend's getting a stroll through your private fetishes. Featuring a holographic copy of them prominantly.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

"Computer, create a unique Dom capable of domming Data."

Command not recognized. Commander Data is a switch. Resuming with defaults. Nude Painting with Tasha Yar is now available.

Moriarty skulks around in the background cause he likes to watch.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg5RVUbY4_g

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Thread is going to strange new places...

Who do you think is piloting the mystery ship(s) in LDS?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Looks a bit like the Delta Flyer. Since they added the Voyage Home Whaliens which shut things down and the beam its been destroying poo poo with feels a little V'ger Motion Picture-y maybe some combination of those?

A damaged/lost/destroyed Delta Flyer that Janeway left behind somewhere ends up finding its way home V'ger style absorbing ships along the way?

Pretty sure that one Ferengi in the last episode seemed to be in cahoots though so while that would be sort of fun it's probably something more mundane.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Foreskin Problems posted:

Thread is going to strange new places...

Who do you think is piloting the mystery ship(s) in LDS?

Mormons, surely.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Meanwhile, Ensign Ro is using her holodeck time to meditate on the Orb of Enlightenment in a classic Bajoran temple.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Meanwhile, Ensign Ro is using her holodeck time to meditate on the Orb of Enlightenment in a classic Bajoran temple.

Hey, she could do that in her room, others have real holodeck'ing to do!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Computer, create the Orb of Eroticism

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

maybealabia posted:

Computer, create the Orb of Eroticism capable of defeating Data.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The orb isn't really orb shaped but it is warm and has a flared base. Computer run program Ro-69 Bajoran All Nude Fitness Temple. Girth level 7. Engage full lubrication safety protocols.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

computer can i get a printout of data smiling

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

This holodeck stinks like an old gym locker room, computer, air freshener maximum settings, safeties off

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you think it's hard for Starfleet crew to remember program names by code? You want to show your friend the new Dixon Hill novel, but by god you're desperate to recall if you saved it as Name_Alpha_Seven or Name_Alpha_Six, and you know if you pick the wrong one your friend's getting a stroll through your private fetishes. Featuring a holographic copy of them prominantly.

I think that the naming conventions just the active programs that they're working on. Like hot keys on your keyboard. So there's the base Dixon Hill novel which you will then copy as Picard alpha 2. So that's your unique copy that you're working on.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Dixon_Hill_V2_picard_edit_FINAL_THISONE (2).rm

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

maybealabia posted:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Don't accept Orb of Eroticisms from strangers woody allens!

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

maybealabia posted:

So the Orb Dax was pondering in the DS9 pilot, and Bashir gets flustered with when control is transferred to him? :newlol:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Incoming ticket #1 for starship IT help desk. Priority level: High. Ticket text:

I misspoke a single word in a github command, and somehow one of my customizations got added to the default holodeck templates, now ALL holodeck programs will have my alien dominatrix character in them, I can't figure out how to change it back, help help help, no one can see this, I'll never live it down

Incoming ticket #2 for starship IT help desk. Priority level: Medium. Ticket text:

I'm all but certain that my holonovel did not originally feature a "Mistress Glaavra of Tellar" ordering Dixon Hill to worship her tusks. Please fix.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*** You have received (1) merit ***
(Merits can be granted by individual crewmembers and can be redeemed for Tea, Hot from any 10-forward on board)

Merit from Moriarty, James: I don't know what you chaps did to the holodeck but it is absolute top-drawer lately. Kudos.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Ticket #42 for starship IT help desk. Priority level: Medium. Ticket text:

I believe one of the randomly generated holodeck characters in my sparring program called me 'gently caress Pig'. Profanity filter was enabled. It was a leather-clad bipedal warthog. She was not immune to the bat'leth, but she seemed surprised when I killed her for how aggressive she was.

Someone please run a level 2 diagnostic I believe there is extraneous programming stuck in the buffer.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Incoming ticket #3 for starship IT help desk. Priority level: High. Ticket text:

a "Mistress Glaavra of Tellar" ordering people to worship her tusks started randomly appearing in my holodeck program early today random, now she isn't again. Can you undo what ever fix you did to get rid of "Mistress Glaavra of Tellar?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Ticket #47 for starship IT desk. Priority N/A. Ticket Text:

Activated EMH and he was was dressed provocatively and maintained a noticeable erection through my entire visit. Not sure if this is simply a coincidence with his off-duty activities, or some higher-level software issues. Behaved otherwise normally and treated my issues properly.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tiberius Christ posted:

"Computer: counselor Troi, bimbofied, large breasts, dominant personality, extremely high detail, dynamic lighting, bdsm outfit, metal torture rack, underground dungeon, whips, chains, leash, ball gags, lube, bisexual lighting, deep trance bass in other room, and have Captain Picard walk in on us halfway through."

"Unable to comply, you have exceeded your holodeck credits for the month."

*Picard walks in* "Oh, sorry. I'm early, aren't I?"

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Ticket #53 for starship IT desk. Priority ##EMERGENCY## Ticket Text:

Ran a level 2 diagnostic. I don't know what that dipshit did but I'm seeing traces of the program in the Main Deflector subspace transceiver and the carrier wave is pretty close to Starfleet ship ident codes. I think this may have gone fleet wide.

Ticket #345A423ZZI975-CMD for Starfleet IT Desk. Priority: Medium Ticket Text:

Tellarite Ambassador is PISSED. Luckily the Tellarites are always pissed and I don't think anyone else cares. I'm going to need a timeframe I can give them for when we are going to have this fixed. Please keep everyone in the loop.
--Appended--
Turns out Tellarite Ambassador isn't angry about the content, rather the content of the program is infringing on a famous and historic Tellarite beauty and they want the acknowledgement and are demanding that the program be ADDED to the general holodeck system profile.

Ticket #289545812AQ25-VYG for Starfleet IT Desk. Priority: ##EMERGENCY## Ticket Text:

Left Naomi at the holo daycare this morning like usual. Been hearing weird stuff at the mess replicator. Could someone PLEASE go check on the holodeck?!?! Janeway won't let me leave while I'm on duty and I hadn't had my raktagino and I didn't see if there was a new Tellarite the program just said it would take care of her. PLEASE! PLEASE! SOMEONE! I HATE THIS SHIP I HATE IT.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

ALL POINTS BULLETIN -- COMMANDER, STARFLEET

PLEASE BE ALERTED THAT FERENGI SHIPS HAVE SUDDENLY BECOME HIGHLY HOSTILE TO ALL OTHER FLEETS

CURRENT INTEL IS THE GRAND NAGUS HAS BEEN MADE A "PAY-PIG", HAS ORDERED GENERAL PRIVATEERING TO KEEP TREASURY SOLVENT

DIPLOMATIC CORP HAS BEEN DISPATCHED AND IS WORKING TO RESOLVE

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

dr_rat posted:

Hey, she could do that in her room, others have real holodeck'ing to do!

Sorry, there was some important punctuation missing from that post.

redshirt posted:

Meanwhile, Ensign Ro is using her "holodeck time" to "meditate" on the "Orb of "Enlightenment"" in a classic Bajoran "temple".

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

##Saru's Log##
I've been consulting with Discovery's merged ship AI and have found a peculiarity. When discussing the AI's age it indicated that it had seen many 'Big Bangs' and when I suggested that this would mean the AI is many times older than the entire universe it became upset and called me a Tellarite slur. The system was then non-responsive for several hours until I apologized and told it it 'Looks great'. It then suggested that I may be punished in some way in the future.

I am unclear if this is some sort of computer error or portents of my own fate. Either way I am logging this behaviour as aberrant.
##End of Log##

ALL POINTS BULLETIN -- COMMANDER, STARFLEET

PLEASE BE ALERTED GRAND-NAGUS ROM HAS OUTFOXED THE TELLARITE DOM PROBLEM. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HES A GENIUS ENGINEER THAT CHARMED LEETA. HE TRAPPED IT IN A LOGIC PROBLEM AND CONVINCED IT THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE WAS A SIMULATION AND SHE TURNED HERSELF OFF BY CHOICE.

REGULAR ACCESS TO THE HOLODECKS WILL CONTINUE.

WE ARE IN NEGOTIATION WITH THE TELLARITE HOMEWORLD ABOUT RETAINING THE PROGRAM IF AND WHEN THE AUTHOR CAN BE LOCATED.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ticket #43 for starship IT desk. Original Priority: Very High. Effective Priority: Very Low (code 1094 - automated "Reg filter"). Ticket Text:
so yeah I was using the holodeck earlier and a scantily dressed Tellarite female appeared and started insulting me by calling me a "worm" and other such insults. I immediately diagnosed this as an obvious rogue program. When I failed to comply with her command to "strip and show me the pathetic excuse of a ****" I have, she continued to insult and berate the minuscule size of my genitalia. It is important to note that at no time did I disrobe and thus the hard light construct had no basis to make these extremely accurate assessments of my private anatomy. I must insist on an investigation to determine whether these insults were pulled from a table or hard-coded by the original programmer of the rogue program, because their nature and specificity were such that I believe that the medical database was somehow being cross-referenced by the holodeck computer, given again the devastatingly precise nature of the comments upon my genitalia, intimate experiences, and sexual performance.

Thank you,

Lt. Barclay

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nah Reginald is mad hung

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Barclay is actually the sysadmin, he’s submitting tickets to himself without irony

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Troi hangs out with Riker, Worf and Barclay. Riker exudes BDE, Worf for the klingon kinkfest, Barclay because he's swinging pipe so big it's got an elbow.

Below the waist, might technically be a knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Barclay Peckermorphosis Syndrome