Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Oneiros posted:

people call me sick for pf-ing savage, and they're right

but the idea of farming ex mounts synched terrifies me

it's not so bad as long as you exclusively farm them late at night on aether. aether morning crew is a nightmare. i got 15 clears last night in about 3 hours, and 0 clears this morning after 3 hours. trap party after trap party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Kind of funny, I would usually think playing in the NEET hours gets you the sicko (positive) groups

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they're all capping their tomes right now

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Oneiros posted:

I am legit the opposite because you can master an ex-fight very quickly and have it down to a science whereas that takes much, much longer for savage

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oneiros posted:

It's the repetition that gets me. Those things are always gogogo with zero downtime, as soon as I've finished leaving the instance the timer is ticking for the next one. Feels like I can't breathe, brain turns to mush after doing two in a row.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Bruceski posted:

It's the repetition that gets me. Those things are always gogogo with zero downtime, as soon as I've finished leaving the instance the timer is ticking for the next one. Feels like I can't breathe, brain turns to mush after doing two in a row.

if you run your own parties you can determine how much time there is between runs!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

99 clears of ex1 and 70ish on ex2 is enough for me. i'm very happy with my luck on ex7 with only 4 clears. maybe i'll get the bahamut mount in 2 expansions when the other lynxes go up on mogtome events.

in the meantime i get to wait patiently for the gwibers i don't have to go up during dawntrail :)

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Kerrzhe posted:

99 clears of ex1 and 70ish on ex2 is enough for me. i'm very happy with my luck on ex7 with only 4 clears. maybe i'll get the bahamut mount in 2 expansions when the other lynxes go up on mogtome events.

in the meantime i get to wait patiently for the gwibers i don't have to go up during dawntrail :)

knowing now how consistent they'll be with trickling out the gwibers is very freeing

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I finished the gwibs just before one hit the mogtome event, so that's on me. (The last one was the only one that I went to 99 totems with, even... I suppose it's good that that only happened once?)

I've got EW Ex1 in my catbook this week, so maybe that's a sign to start learning, despite my performance anxiety.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I think my favorite form of pvp in this game is forcing bots that automatically undercut listings to sell their stuff at discounted prices

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014
After banging my head against the wall that is P10S clear parties in PF for a week I went for the P9S reclear today since I still need the gear and the difference was staggering. I was barely even trying but just having a party that can handle mechanics makes such a huge difference. We had a couple wipes while people adjusted and then an easy clear way ahead of enrage. 20 minutes from first pull to clear.

I'm still going to take a few days off from P10S but this has restored (some of) my faith in PF.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Vitamean posted:

drip check

I really liked the caster set this tier, especially once I saw how nicely it dyes. Really makes the sparkles on the shoulders stand out.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Frida Call Me posted:

are the drop rates on ex mounts really this abysmal on release? 74 totems and i've seen a single mount drop from ex7

I've stopped after 106 totems and I've seen 7 mounts drop.
Got to 120 Rubicante totems without seeing a single one that update though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i slummed through eden's verse in PF at the start of quarantine and i'm not sure i'll ever truly understand the depth of permanent mental anguish that experience has caused me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

our first clear tonight. not even close lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoggyMoistPenguinTBTacoRight-tJOzcE6Qc4j1bqY6

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 11, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Has it been determined yet if the felicitous solicitations on the island are the same for everybody or actually randomized? The three I got this week (butter, dino bones, crook) are all high or very high demand so I guess making them won't be too much of a loss even if they aren't part of the optimal workshop rotation this week. I'd just have to dig out that old infographic to figure out which day to make them.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
They are random per person.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Square Enix please for the love of god let me assign titles to gearsetssss

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

crossposting from the spoiler thread because come to think of it, there aren't really spoilers per se

https://twitter.com/XuanyiRuna/status/1711964505784369240?s=20

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The problem with trying to come up with a nice red mage glam is that their level 89 artifact set is already my favourite outfit in the game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

goblin week posted:

I’m not sure what you’re looking for. You can rename gearsets and then put those on hotbars.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m not sure what you’re looking for. You can rename gearsets and then put those on hotbars.

The player titles, so when I swap to RPR I automatically switch to "The Reaper"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

goblin week posted:

Ah, I now understand. Thanks.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

goblin week posted:

You can make a macro that swaps gearsets and changes the title.
code:
/gearset change RPR
/title set "The Reaper"
or similar. /gearset takes the name or number of a set.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

^^^ :argh:

goblin week posted:

Make a macro that combines /gearset with /title?

Might need a /wait in there to prevent errors or might now, I've never tried it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

congratulations! it’s a great feeling, did that with kefka savage a few years back, only two of us lived. you guys were a bit more composed than I was though lol

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xerophyte posted:

You can make a macro that swaps gearsets and changes the title.
code:
/gearset change RPR
/title set "The Reaper"
or similar. /gearset takes the name or number of a set.

I just started matching Mounts to my Glams, and now I have to go back and do this. Great.

Thanks!

Now, if we can just get Hairstyles added to Plates, we'll be golden...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I doubt hairstyles will ever be added to plates. The whole aesthetician interface is outside of the game proper and they've done very little in terms of improvements to it.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

goblin week posted:

You can make a macro that swaps gear sets and swaps your title, I think

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Runa posted:

crossposting from the spoiler thread because come to think of it, there aren't really spoilers per se

https://twitter.com/XuanyiRuna/status/1711964505784369240?s=20

green mage krile is sweeping the nation

https://twitter.com/Trapsaw/status/1711491192041754930

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Kheldarn posted:

I just started matching Mounts to my Glams, and now I have to go back and do this. Great.

Thanks!

Now, if we can just get Hairstyles added to Plates, we'll be golden...

I had to do this when I added /snap to all my gearsets. Its worth it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I’m one of those psychos who changes gearsets through the character screen 😔

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

10 days until Fanfest!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

goblin week posted:

I’m one of those psychos who changes gearsets through the character screen 😔

same. I see all these multi macro setups for having a job change hotbar and they're cool but also I can just press C and zero in on the job I want from the list there

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I just set up some spare hot bars and click and drag the item sets over there, but I don't have fancy macros set up.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

We get Green Mage Krile but its her Geomancer attire, making her look a bit like a better rendered wooloo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How does rez placement work? Had an interesting interaction in Thaleia's second boss where my placement was off on the knockback before the big movement mechanic, get knocked into the water and die, someone casts a rez, I wait until the mechanic is over, I revive outside of the arena get the DoT, the game forces me back into the arena, but I still have the DoT and I die again.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

You rez where the player that rezzed you cast the rez (at the end of the cast, of course). The only time where you rez in place is LB3.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

You get rezzed where the caster was, unless it's a heal LB3, which rezzes everyone on their corpse (which might kill them immediately again, if they died from touching the wall)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you for the answers everything makes sense now.