Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PortobelloPirate
Jul 5, 2023
Congrats!! :toot:

On an unrelated note. When scrolling through the newbie list and mailing freebies, what would be a good gift to give (other than oj/ap)? I’ve been giving gummy worms, but I feel like there might be something better.

PortobelloPirate fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Gooboo Idle lets crops overgrow at a slower rate, yielding more when you eventually do harvest the crop (but significantly less than if you babysat it). This would be an amazing QoL addition to FarmRPG, but firestream would never do the thing.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I have the Mummy as the townfolk of the day, and I thought I'd be able to knock out all the friendship rewards for them as I was close to level 30... and the Mummy has level 40 Friendship now?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The lvl 40 reward was just added, it's 50 jack-o-lanterns

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

I have the Mummy as the townfolk of the day, and I thought I'd be able to knock out all the friendship rewards for them as I was close to level 30... and the Mummy has level 40 Friendship now?

Bones, fish bones, yarn. All super trivial to come by. Stop making rope once you have your antlers made into nets and you can get a decent amount of passive yarn in a day.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
Got to Strange Companions XXX. Cutlasses!!! :argh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Parts unknown XX sure is something.

What's a good way to get gold leaf that isn't "spend a billion stamina in the forest?"

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

IcePhoenix posted:

Parts unknown XX sure is something.

What's a good way to get gold leaf that isn't "spend a billion stamina in the forest?"

Pets

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That or bacon in the well

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Immediately after complaining, cutlasses get added to the temple?!?! 3 cutties for 50 tribal staffs. Staves. I’m not sure how to feel about that exchange rate, at about 40 LN for each staff. Might get a few with the staves I got lying around but not go fishing for them. At least it’s not just the luck of the exchange anymore, I guess.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I literally just finished a quest chain that needed 50 cutlasses fuuuuck

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Oh nice, half way toward 100 Cutlasss that should make it quicker! I see myself resetting that daily for a bit.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

also of note: once you get 50 of almost anything over all time (except super rares and a few other blocked items) they can start showing up in the daily PHRs as rewards, so after a while you amass 1000s of those things

the total rewards depend on how much you have in your inventory when the quest in generated when going into the quests page, and maxed out items in your inventory aren't picked as eligible rewards, so you can somewhat game what's going to appear in there very slightly. after rollover max out everything in your workshop you can, and then generate the quests BEFORE going to your farm and expanding your inventory

I used the wishing well enough to get 50 of each carved animal thing JUST IN CASE some bullshit quest is going to ask for 300 of them, and they're slowly amassing

https://farmrpg.com/wiki.php?page=PHR+Rewards

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 10, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I should really start grinding PHRs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Corn

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I don't even grow corn anymore, I fish for it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

One funny thing with this is that my Sphere production has tanked.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

One funny thing with this is that my Sphere production has tanked.

That's what Crunchy Omelets are for

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's funny that for the first time in a while the community center reward is something I actually want/need and of course the goal isn't even going to get close to being met

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I think I can mail ya some if you open her up!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thank you everyone I have all the peppers I need (for now)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

That's what Crunchy Omelets are for

I would be getting those regardless though. My point is that I just have like 2 runestone 11's or whatever corn produces for regular production.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

koshmar posted:

Does this mean large chest 3s from pirate cove? Drop rate seems kinda low for that to be viable. I guess it’s not a lot less silver than throwing nets at glacier bay for nothing else, though.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

What's the best Starmap bang-for-my-buck way to dump tons of AP before turning in the final crest quest

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

you’re going to need a fuckton of pear grease and pie pans, so emberstone or prickly pears

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Mailbox cap sale through the end of the week for 66% off, go grab a bunch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

are personal quests infinite/randomly generated or are they just a different flavor of active requests with weirder gating

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

Mailbox cap sale through the end of the week for 66% off, go grab a bunch

Ooh thank you I was waiting to see if it popped up again

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

are personal quests infinite/randomly generated or are they just a different flavor of active requests with weirder gating

Random, but probably based on your inventory according to an earlier post.

The silver you get is the cost of selling the items you’re handing over.

There’s a merit badge for completing 1000 which is ugh.

I tend to do the easy ones that only need fish to complete, or if it has something I need for a quest as a reward.

Otherwise I just smash some pear juice and wait till tomorrow.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm slowly digging my way through these merit badges, just got raptor breeder and on the cusp of getting I am the great explorer after doing the fishing one (44 crop rows is a gimme)

No idea how anyone gets the crafting badge, that's so much loving crafting

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
The (first?) Halloween area dropped, the theme seems to be ghost busters! I wonder if the old haunted house also opens up, since there's the event key in the temple.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

How does it open? Seems I don’t have whatever it needs.

Edit: Disregard I’m illiterate.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I caught a ghost!

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those grab bags 01s are really handy now. Shrooms, aquamarine and potatoes. Not that the QED batteries seem to be mandatory, but it's yet another item to craft I suppose.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah okay the haunted house let’s me grow other crops again. I wasn’t far off the event key, but that finished it off.

Could probably finish the whole chain now without a worry, but I’m unsure of the spooky pies real value?

Like I know what it does, just not sure if I need it?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Can anyone spare 30 milk, I have butter running in my workshop.

edit: chat hooked me up, I've got extra if anyone needs it for today's request

double edit: new mailbox password thomashateseggsalot

koshmar fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 13, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

NFX posted:

Those grab bags 01s are really handy now. Shrooms, aquamarine and potatoes. Not that the QED batteries seem to be mandatory, but it's yet another item to craft I suppose.

The batteries run your ghost buster pack in the haunted house. Update says those ghosts will be used later this month. They also say ghosts are easy to catch right after reset and it decays through the day, which is super messed up and they really should change that to be fixed rate all day or decay per person.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

The batteries run your ghost buster pack in the haunted house. Update says those ghosts will be used later this month. They also say ghosts are easy to catch right after reset and it decays through the day, which is super messed up and they really should change that to be fixed rate all day or decay per person.

Yeah, but that update note wasn't out when I posted :v: I just observed that if I put the batteries in the storehouse, I wouldn't get any ghosts, I hadn't even noticed that they got added to my inventory. I had feared it would be something like Jundland without the detector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

People in Spoilers chat were saying the Ghost drop rate decays per day based on how many you've caught for that day. They were saying 30-40 a day was the sweet spot.