Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

one thing is for sure Israel knew something was coming because Egypt told them. It truly is Israel's 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Egg Moron posted:

things are getting really hairy out there

china should just go hard on taiwan now, gently caress it

this would cause absolute chaos in the House and Senate as America's free ammunition giveaways are stretched to their limit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the fact that adams was away on foreign dignitary business during the constitutional convention & a bunch of MA libs went down there & negotiated into a bunch of bullshit trades with the slave states (boat poo poo and tarrifs in exchange for voting yes on slave stuff) really hosed our country. messed up

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Cup Runneth Over posted:

this would cause absolute chaos in the House and Senate as America's free ammunition giveaways are stretched to their limit

It would crash the world economy. Hard to imagine what 3 huge conflicts would look like.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

uber_stoat posted:

my granpappy used to tell me stories about how the dang Japanese would shish kabob babies on their bayonets and they may well have done so but he'd certainly never seen it (drove a truck).

also, looking into dead baby propaganda reminded me of how they used it to start the first gulf war. dead babies punch above their weight.

What we did to the Japanese was so loving utterly evil and unconscionable on every conceivable level that we had to rationalize it like this

The degree to which we weaponized fire on the island of Japan should doom every American to hell for all eternity

Learning about the firebombing of japan and the absolutely excessive use of napalm in japan and east asia in general was the first thing that woke me up to the utter evil that America represents in the world. No morally just or righteous people would do that to other human beings.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

the fact that adams was away on foreign dignitary business during the constitutional convention & a bunch of MA libs went down there & negotiated into a bunch of bullshit trades with the slave states (boat poo poo and tarrifs in exchange for voting yes on slave stuff) really hosed our country. messed up

adams probably had a huge fuckn dick

wish they had preserved it in a museum

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Everyday I pray that the US and myself die in cosmic fire but god doesn't hear me.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

is frosted flake on probation for being weird about jews or women again because i'd like to know the global manufacturing capacity for the kinds of arms and ammunition that would typically be used by israel for something like this

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

crepeface posted:

i saw Hamas at the Ashkelon rave beheading babies and one of the babies looked at me

🤣

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

is frosted flake on probation for being weird about jews or women again because i'd like to know the global manufacturing capacity for the kinds of arms and ammunition that would typically be used by israel for something like this

use the manufacturing lens on the map

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Cookie Cutter posted:

the rohirrim is clearly the taliban

finally people are talking about the war in terms i can understand

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Al! posted:

I think it was women

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

What we did to the Japanese was so loving utterly evil and unconscionable on every conceivable level that we had to rationalize it like this

The degree to which we weaponized fire on the island of Japan should doom every American to hell for all eternity

Learning about the firebombing of japan and the absolutely excessive use of napalm in japan and east asia in general was the first thing that woke me up to the utter evil that America represents in the world. No morally just or righteous people would do that to other human beings.

And then they nuked them to try out their new toy bomb, twice.
and then lied to say they would never have surrendered without the shock and awe of the great big two bombs.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Smythe posted:

That was his dad, re: constitutional convention stuff.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol the conspiracy nutsos must be hoing like “I TOLD you bro”

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

anyone have a non-psychotic summary of everything that's happened since the recent inciting incident? the shorter and less psychotic, the better

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

biceps crimes posted:

anyone have a non-psychotic summary of everything that's happened since the recent inciting incident? the shorter and less psychotic, the better

oil is going up in price

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

smarxist posted:

use the manufacturing lens on the map

he's the only one with all the realistic economy mods installed

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

Probably worse than that because they are directly going into a urban area (ruins still provide cover), and before the war started they have around 300-350 active service tanks for multiple fronts. They can take tanks out of storage but that gets them to about 600, and they still have to cover the north and Golan. It is going to be a mess if they actually go in especially since Hamas seems to have picked up plenty from the Ukraine war.

As far as the Ford goes, it is an x factor, but ultimately it only has so many fighters to sustain operations (especially since the F-35C really isn't ready for prime time) and the US getting directly involved is going to cost them a lot across the entire region, there are US troops in Iraq/Syria that wouldn't have support.

So yeah, the US/Israel is fronting itself as this crushing force, it isn't actually great for them strategically. Also, this is not to mention that that you can only keep F-16s (and especially F-35s) in operation so long before they need a prolonged maintenance period. It is the issue with trying to fight wars from the air, you got about 2-3 weeks of potentially crushing tactical bombing and then either you mop up or things get real dirty.

The war has started: Whether this becomes a regional war or not depends entirely on Israel's willingness to make unprecedented concessions.

West Asia may be headed toward a large-scale war that will extend well beyond the Gaza Strip and southern Israel, now mired in violent conflict.

"Operation Al-Aqsa Flood,” carried out by Hamas at dawn on 7 October, has already led to the killing of hundreds of Israeli soldiers and settlers, the capture of about 200 of them, and the destruction of Israel’s lauded deterrence.

Whether the war will bleed into multiple borders and arenas now depends entirely on what Israel does or does not do in the days and weeks ahead. Predictably, Tel Aviv – with the US and EU standing firmly behind it – has begun by launching a military operation in the Gaza Strip to eliminate the Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) resistance movements.

After a round of consultations held with a number of western heads of state - led by US President Joe Biden and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed in statements that his western allies have granted Israel full freedom to eliminate the Palestinian resistance in Gaza.

In a flurry of Instagram-worthy gimmicks, western capitals have already begun beating the drums of war - from lighting the Eiffel Tower in Paris with the colors of the Israeli flag to raising it at the European Commission headquarters in Brussels.

These galvanizing gestures to excite public sentiment are reminiscent of events in March 1996, when the west and its allies gathered in Sharm El-Sheikh to ostensibly ‘combat terrorism.’ Their goal was not to halt terror, but to destroy the resistance in Palestine and Lebanon. That conference was the green light for Israel to launch “Operation Grapes of Wrath” on Lebanon one month later. That military fiasco ended with Hezbollah winning points, increasing its domestic role, and establishing the resistance group as a Lebanese protector against Israeli attacks.

Last weekend, Israel once again captured the west's undivided attention. Tel Aviv, along with Washington and other western capitals, are dead-set on restoring the deterrence destroyed by Operation Al-Aqsa Flood.

A ‘near-perfect’ operation

Hamas did not coordinate its military operation with any of its Resistance Axis allies. It also did not plan to achieve the stunning results that were soon to follow. The Qassam Brigades' immediate goal was only to destroy Israeli army positions around the Gaza Strip and capture as many soldiers as possible, which they could later exchange for the thousands of Palestinian captives in Israeli prisons.

But the Palestinian resistance forces were taken by surprise at the laxity of the occupation army. Contrary to expectations, they stumbled upon security vacuums and poorly guarded military sites in which a large number of enemy soldiers and officers were fast asleep. It was this unexpected opportunity that prodded the Palestinian fighters to reach for bigger gains.

Hamas' military leadership planned to carry out this operation in complete secrecy. Just weeks earlier, their fighters had conducted military maneuvers/exercises that were observed by the Israelis. But Tel Aviv's rather complacent intelligence assessment had been that "Hamas is training for what it does not dare to do." The Israelis, in short, thought that Hamas was merely flexing in order to gain financial concessions for Gaza. No actual operation was ever expected by Israel's military brass.

The veil of secrecy over the operation also extended to the Hamas fighters who carried out the attack. Sources close to Hamas say that their cadres believed, until the morning of the operation, that they were assembling for a training exercise, not for the real thing.

Very few knew details of the comprehensive attack plan. Even Hamas' allies in Lebanon and Iran learned of the operation at zero o'clock and not a moment before, according to well-informed sources in the Resistance Axis.

Even for this axis, the Hamas operation went beyond all possible expectations. Although true that many of the Hamas tactics employed are shared among the Axis' fighters in Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, and Yemen, the innovation in the Al-Aqsa Flood operation was the signature of the Al-Qassam Brigades, and particularly its brilliant leader Muhammad Deif.

The operation was coordinated with remarkable professionalism: accurate and detailed intelligence was amassed, high-level training exercises organized, secrecy was paramount, and superior coordination was established between the myriad drones, paratroopers, and vast majority of Hamas fighters who crossed into the occupation state, through tunnels and above ground.

Al Qassam also planned to target Israeli communications towers and all military sites surrounding Gaza. From a military perspective, this was a near-perfect operation that led to the destruction of all the facilities of the Israeli army's “Gaza Division" and the annihilation of entire Israeli brigades. For Israel, this was a total humiliation - something it had never experienced before, even in the devastating 1973 Arab-Israeli war.

A zero-sum game

With the support of the collective west, Israel is now assembling a plan to restore its deterrence. Operation Al-Aqsa Flood didn't only affect the Israelis - it has also endangered western deterrence throughout West Asia and the Arab world. The decline in Israel's deterrent capacity correlates directly with the weakening of western hegemony in the region.

While Israel has been scurrying around to mobilize its troops and equipment for a counterattack, the Americans sent messages to the Resistance Axis - specifically Iran and Hezbollah - saying, essentially: “We don’t want this to escalate. We want and need stability on the Lebanese border with Israel. We are urging you not to interfere in this war.”

The messages were sent on 7 October, as events unfolded, and through more than one medium. Hezbollah's response was seen on the ground the very next morning, when it bombed Israeli army positions in the occupied Lebanese Shebaa Farms. This was a warning message, which was clarified further by Hezbollah's Executive Council Chief Hashem Safi Al-Din when he said: “We will not remain neutral in this battle.”

Neither will Washington, which immediately announced $8 billion in aid to Israel, and sent an aircraft carrier to the eastern Mediterranean Sea. The US cannot afford for Israel to take more losses, but how far will they go to deter Tel Aviv's adversaries?

Within the axis of resistance, from Iran to Gaza, there is a uniform decision to prevent the defeat of any of the principal allies. As this axis made clear during the Syrian war, a major attack on one will be viewed as an attack on all. Today, their red line is preventing the collapse of the resistance in Gaza.

Israel's urgent need to restore its deterrence is not, however, possible without destroying Gaza's resistance factions. Both Netanyahu and Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant have ominously warned that Tel Aviv’s response to Gaza’s attack will “change the Middle East.” Those are fighting words indeed: the US called for the birthing of a “new Middle East” during Israel's month-long bombardment of Lebanon in July 2006.

Tel Aviv and Washington want to take down the Palestinian resistance while ensuring that no other battle fronts flare up to distract from that mission. Of course, the Resistance Axis principals will seek to do exactly the opposite, doing what is necessary to distract Israel from its strategic objective.

The situation is very complicated. If Israel manages to eliminate the Palestinian resistance - which it has never been able to do before - the entire region will undergo seismic changes and Tel Aviv will be able to impose its will across occupied Palestine.

Those gains would be extremely painful: the crippling of the Palestinian fighting spirit; No impediment to the Judaization of the al-Aqsa mosque; the possible annexation of the West Bank; increased settlement building; the mass detention of Palestinians with impunity; normalization with all remaining Arab and Muslim countries; and the loss of the Resistance Axis' Palestinian ally.

These variables would fundamentally alter the balance of power in West Asia. The Axis of Resistance will not stand by idly and allow an Israeli ground operation against Gaza's resistance - it will throw in new variables to confound and weaken the enemy.

If Tel Aviv - with western cover - decides to take this fight with the Palestinian resistance to the wall instead of striking a long overdue compromise and dialing back its occupation, other battle fronts will be opened against Israel's military forces. As to the method, form, and location of those new frontlines, there are countless possibilities that will be kept under wraps as the picture gets clearer.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
harry truman had a TINY dick

i aspire to be a presidential penis historian

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

new kind of cat posted:

adams probably had a huge fuckn dick

wish they had preserved it in a museum

when they display your dick in the museum do they put like extra formaldahyde in it or smth to get it hard? kind of unfair to your legacy if they leave you up there flacid tbh

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The Oldest Man posted:

i'll just keep posting "they believe it because they already believed the Palestinians are subhuman animals who deserve to be culled" until people listen

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Frosted Flake posted:

The war has started: Whether this becomes a regional war or not depends entirely on Israel's willingness to make unprecedented concessions.

lamo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

one things for sure and it's that america loses ww3

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Time for a little Russia disinformation.

https://www.rt.com/news/584605-palestine-accuse-israel-restricted-weapons/

"Israeli forces have allegedly deployed white phosphorus munitions in a strike against the Gaza enclave, Palestine claims."

There is a video on that page but I declined to click on it.

Remember that white phosphorus scene in spec ops the line?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

biceps crimes posted:

oops all genocide

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Itsjehad_/status/1711812002853568616

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
It can only be understated how terrible what is happening now and for the better part of a century to the people of Gaza along with the world's acceptance and support of it. Can someone re-assuredly say that there is a future for the Palestinians that doesn't involve their obliteration and having their history bastardized into the victor's depiction of them? I have this dread that the worst will come true and that what you hear about the former people of Gaza will be History Channel docs in the vein of all the Hitler shows they run.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

oof :bye:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Oldest Man posted:

i'll just keep posting "they believe it because they already believed the Palestinians are subhuman animals who deserve to be culled" until people listen

Definitely don't read up on what the British did rampaging around India for a whole year after, that shocked even European audiences.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/sgt0jalal/status/1711854401449574875?s=20

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Canada and Israel busting out their proud genociders a week apart

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

you're lucky captainACAB's not around!!!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hamas is killing civilians? ugh

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I think we need to reload the savegame

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
in hindsight we can state that diverting so much of the military budget to the instagram hottie program has been proven to have some downsides.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

uber_stoat posted:

my granpappy used to tell me stories about how the dang Japanese would shish kabob babies on their bayonets and they may well have done so but he'd certainly never seen it (drove a truck).

also, looking into dead baby propaganda reminded me of how they used it to start the first gulf war. dead babies punch above their weight.

idk if babies were literally bayonetted but they definitely killed some

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_Massacre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SourKraut posted:

That was his dad, re: constitutional convention stuff.

i know i said family. sorry wasnt clear