Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

neutral milf hotel posted:

I'm taking my time to play through Grasp of Avarice to learn the mechanics of the dungeon. It took me about a dozen tries but I finally got through the ogre boss. :woop:

I play as a hunter and decided on a void build for invis with Null Composure LR and Retrofit Escapade MG heavy load out. It took me about five phases but probably could knock that down to four

That sparrow portion seems like a slog cuz my sparrow keeps dying :argh:

Thank you for reading my D2 diary.

That sparrow part always gets me :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sparrow part is much easier with the exotic sparrow from the monument to lost lights - not only is it slightly faster, but it also reduces aggro range from enemies.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Also hop off and resummon if it’s smoking, there’s no cooldown on a new sparrow if you hop off voluntarily., but getting yours blown up will put resummoning on a cooldown. Happy to teach routes or strats but if you want to learn yourself that’s cool too.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also equip Riskrunner. The damage resistance buff applies to your Sparrow if you happen to get dinged.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sparrow part is much easier with the exotic sparrow from the monument to lost lights - not only is it slightly faster, but it also reduces aggro range from enemies.

I got really excited for this but then I saw I need spoils of conquest tokens to purchase it :(

uwaeve posted:

Also hop off and resummon if it’s smoking, there’s no cooldown on a new sparrow if you hop off voluntarily., but getting yours blown up will put resummoning on a cooldown. Happy to teach routes or strats but if you want to learn yourself that’s cool too.

yep. so much going on in the screen that I forget to check if my sparrow if smoking. I want to get some practice and learn the routes myself before I reach out for help. I probably will ask for a LFG sometime to get through the final boss someday

Kith posted:

Also equip Riskrunner. The damage resistance buff applies to your Sparrow if you happen to get dinged.

oh word? that's really cool. I'll try it next time

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

I got really excited for this but then I saw I need spoils of conquest tokens to purchase it :(

You can farm those solo from the Vow of the Disciple secret chest in the first area. Easy 15 a week if you have three characters.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you get a post-Templar checkpoint, which I think there's bots for, you can get all four chests for 20 spoils from Vault. 60 spoils a week.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Re: sparrow section

There are a few good videos of the route to take so you get the time boosts to hitting the next mine and avoid enemy fire. I was hopping off my sparrow at specific parts just to avoid any enemy rng bs because every run was RNG bullshit on whether or not I got dead immediately or not. Reduced cooldown is an excellent sparrow perk as well that can save a run, I don't have AOT so lol it was pretty clutch to have that at least.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
You can hit VoG opening and 1st secret chest solo for 10 spoils a character and it's a fun little piece of gameplay. Activate the plates and either murder the minotaurs or bait them to follow you into a corner and just kite them. They are the only things that deactivate plates, you can just ignore everything else.

Alternatively, have a friend and just swap chars

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've never played VoG. Can I still get the secret loot without first completing the raid?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Esoterickk has great videos on how to get solo chests, the easiest two are DSC and VoD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWS6-a8jcOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyoZ4zU6tlA

Some of the others are weird and rely on glitching geometry, but you can do the first chest in VoD relatively easily, and the first chest in DSC if you memorise the route and are good with a sparrow. 5 spoils per run per character = 30 spoils a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLO2H27j58

Unless you have a thing preventing you raiding with others though it's much, much quicker to get goons from discord to run you through some raids which will get you silly amounts of spoils.

I've never played VoG. Can I still get the secret loot without first completing the raid?
You can get the first 2 chests in VoG (entryway and 1st secret chest) fairly easily if you look for listings in the LFG app that are looking for "1st 2 chests" (1st 3 also has templar but that requires effort and doesn't give spoils) for another 45 spoils.

The entryway will give you a taste for raiding with others without having to worry too much about co-ordination or difficult mechanics (just pick a plate and defend it 'til the door opens).

The hidden chest is pretty easy to find too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5ZRFl0GNc

After that, if you find a 3 chest listing on LFG, the templar requires a bit more co-ordination (make sure there are 2 people on left, middle and right, and stop vex reaching the constructs) but ultimately still fairly straightforward - it just won't give you spoils if that's all you're after.

E: you won't get loot from hidden chests until you complete at least 1 encounter legit, but you will get spoils even if you've never finished an encounter.

There are secret chests in Grasp as well, by the way.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 8, 2023

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Am I going to be annoying and post this again? Yes. It doesn't drop spoils, but it CAN AND DOES drop red frames of the Last Wish guns whether or not you've ever cleared a single encounter. Armor too!

PERMACAV 50 posted:

step 1: buy forsaken (or the forsaken content pack, or whatever it's called now)
step 2: load up last wish
step 3: go to the wish wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k97kwG--7Y

step 4: punch this poo poo in (don't use an explosive payload gun, it'll mess it up). to minimize how tedious this is use the biggest mag primary you have because you will be reloading a LOT. the pictures will not change any faster than about once a second.

step 5: stand in the circle and warp whistle to the encounter
step 6: open da door and shoot da thralls!!

she'll spawn waves until "Shuro Chi's Song" hits the 2:30 mark. you'll get ~65 kills per run but i've gotten over 80 when grinding catas for stuff like prospector and colony. speaking of which this is also good for grinding heavy catalysts in particular bc you can rally for ammo before each run. when you run out of adds just kill yourself (stand on one of the plates near the boss or jump off an edge)

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

With some mildly irritating platforming, you can backtrack to the secret chest for no-questions-asked raid loot! The only things you can't get are the curated rolls, 1kV, and ship/sparrow/shell. One chest per weekly reset per character!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAkGzeCFFmg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, after a bit of looking, SpoilsXpress#1885 seems to be the bot to go to for the post-Templar VoG checkpoints. 20 easy spoils, 60 per week. Bring Strand to grapple back up to the top.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

On a two game win streak and then I get put against Zkmushroom. One dude quits at 1-1 and we lose and two of them go to the lighthouse. This game is a joke at times.

EDIT: Two games in a row

RBX fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 9, 2023

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/blueberriesgg/status/1711386582211567703?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Use the rewards checker!

https://rewards.mijago.net/#/

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got a pretty nice Igneous Hammer roll for my troubles :toot:

And some extra furred armor so I can put more pelts on my giant robot man lmao

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

gently caress this stupid dungeon (not least because i still don't have the trace rifle, and because i was stupid enough to do the solo kill legit instead of knocking it out during Funny Guns Week)

thanks to waro and kil for helping me get that last all-one-color run

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ullerrm posted:

gently caress this stupid dungeon (not least because i still don't have the trace rifle, and because i was stupid enough to do the solo kill legit instead of knocking it out during Funny Guns Week)

thanks to waro and kil for helping me get that last all-one-color run

💕

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Using Jotunn in Trials until someone else gets mad and switches to it too is a lot funnier than it should be

e: Dear god AOT needs a lot of spoils. I have 60 :negative:

Is the Refurbished Black Armory shader not in the game anymore? I don't have it in my collections, but one of my weapons in the vault had it. I dismantled it - and didn't get the shader :negative:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 10, 2023

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.

This was super helpful, thank you.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's unmentioned recordings at the HELM if you want that triumph this week

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

Using Jotunn in Trials until someone else gets mad and switches to it too is a lot funnier than it should be

e: Dear god AOT needs a lot of spoils. I have 60 :negative:

Is the Refurbished Black Armory shader not in the game anymore? I don't have it in my collections, but one of my weapons in the vault had it. I dismantled it - and didn't get the shader :negative:

It may go on sale at Ada sometimes, she has random legacy shaders now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

It may go on sale at Ada sometimes, she has random legacy shaders now

Cool, I'll just wait to get lucky lol. It's got a nice sheen to it and I just never noticed I managed to not get it while grinding out for Jotunn originally

e: Lol this week's lore card too. Saint spawncamped Savathun for a while

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 10, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I have a weird bug (maybe? ) going on

So I have marked down as having 3/4 of the chests to unlock that triumph for finding weekly chests in Savanthun's Spire, but I've only got the triumphs for one and two.

When I go to chest #3, the one that is down a hall to the right of the big swinging bells after the first encounter, that door is always blocked. When I go for #4, the one under the elevators during the traversal part, the deepsight thing isnt there to activate. I'd like to get the Haruspex title but this is confusing and annoying me, anyone know what I am doing wrong or need to do to fix this?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

fast cars loose anus posted:

So I have marked down as having 3/4 of the chests to unlock that triumph for finding weekly chests in Savanthun's Spire, but I've only got the triumphs for one and two.

When I go to chest #3, the one that is down a hall to the right of the big swinging bells after the first encounter, that door is always blocked. When I go for #4, the one under the elevators during the traversal part, the deepsight thing isnt there to activate. I'd like to get the Haruspex title but this is confusing and annoying me, anyone know what I am doing wrong or need to do to fix this?

It's a weekly thing, just wait until reset. They're all not active at once.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Those chests are on a fixed rotation, try again next week :bungie:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
oh I guess I should have realized that but I haven't done spire every week thanks friends

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Savathûn's VA is so loving good, it's criminal she's been absent from the season thus far.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Debra Wilson owns, it is known

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

Debra Wilson owns, it is known

:hmmyes:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The "what if you just let me die" scene was the best plot moment in the game's history.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

oh I guess I should have realized that but I haven't done spire every week thanks friends

You shouldn't be playing it at all tbh friend

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Zavala's "Savathun was.....DEAD?" line was loving great, too.

What killed Savathun, the rock shard embedded in her side or not having a worm? I was always kinda unclear on that.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Panderfringe posted:

You shouldn't be playing it at all tbh friend

I actually like spire it's altars I hate this season

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

MJeff posted:

Zavala's "Savathun was.....DEAD?" line was loving great, too.

What killed Savathun, the rock shard embedded in her side or not having a worm? I was always kinda unclear on that.

Both, really. The shard was lodged somewhere vital, and she no longer had paracausal powers to shrug off injuries once Mara removed the worm. She bled out like any normal person would if a giant rock shard got driven through their side.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

say what you all will about the sword logic, at least they have a universal health care plan that works

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Pls give class item

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They should give us a gun with Desperado and Adagio. No I haven't really thought about how it works, it just sounds fun. Thinking is the devs, I just come up with the ideas.