Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Human sacrifice is what prevented climate change and we need to bring it back, Armok is an angry God

been saying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it's called imgflip because this gif keeps breaking the 180 rule

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Every day we live under capitalism, we as a society practice human sacrifice

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

it's called imgflip because this gif keeps breaking the 180 rule

I'm afraid that's just how the movie is!

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

kdrudy posted:

He is my only block on Bluesky after going after Rami Ismail with some idiotic stuff over this conflict and I just didn't want to ever see him pop up in my feed again.

Sessler was Xenophobic and racist as gently caress towards the Japanese during his time on the original X-Play too. He hasn't changed, he's just now saying it out loud.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Would the Salem Witch Trials be considered human sacrifice or religious punishment?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Burning_Monk posted:

Would the Salem Witch Trials be considered human sacrifice or religious punishment?

I think it could be both. I dunno how sacrificial victims were chosen in much older societies but it makes sense that the victims have to be selected in a way that makes sense in their cultural context. Ritual victims aren’t going to all fit a common profile across all societies, so it might just be that we execute people even to this day that some future people with a better understanding of human psychology and social structures would classify as ritualized sacrifice.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'm afraid that's just how the movie is!

What's the movie

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Burning_Monk posted:

Good old fashioned misogyny

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Human sacrifice is what prevented climate change and we need to bring it back, Armok is an angry God
We'll get there sooner than expected

selec
Sep 6, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Good old fashioned misogyny

That’s how the victims were selected, sure, but what precipitated the need for the sacrifices (in this fun model I’m proposing where any murder the state undertakes in cold blood is a ritual sacrifice) before the victims get selected?

Edit:

I’m wondering if there are any good materialist/leftist histories of the Salem witch trials anyone can recommend

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hihohe posted:

Every day we live under capitalism, we as a society practice human sacrifice

been saying this

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dabir posted:

What's the movie

The Wickerman remake, most famous for the NOT THE BEES scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVCrmXW6-Pk

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Dunno who the 2,641st sacrifice will be but I think it's best if we made up for lost time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World%27s_Billionaires

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I always think about John Titor and how he poignantly said after being questioned about over half the world getting killed off from a war or whatever something like “But honestly maybe half the world dying was kind of a good thing?” Since he claimed it eliminated global warming and many systemic inequalities as society rebuilt and the rich weren’t spared or whatever.

Then I think about HTML web pages and tue early 2000s.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

dialhforhero posted:

I always think about John Titor and how he poignantly said after being questioned about over half the world getting killed off from a war or whatever something like “But honestly maybe half the world dying was kind of a good thing?” Since he claimed it eliminated global warming and many systemic inequalities as society rebuilt and the rich weren’t spared or whatever.

A small price to pay for salvation

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
https://twitter.com/CynicalPublius/status/1711865120400482523?t=hlVtRowBjLQHadrVWNzCEw&s=19

quote:

I want to tell you about how most ordinary people think about Judaism and Israel in Middle Eastern Arab countries.

But first: I have lived and visited throughout the region. I have sat in tents all night in the desert during Ramadan playing cards, drinking chai and arguing politics with my Arab friends. When serving a tour in Kuwait, I became so close to certain of our Kuwaiti allies that I was accused of "going native." I have fought alongside Iraqis. I have studied the dynamics of Middle Eastern politics and strategy in formal settings, and I have overwhelmingly fond memories of the many Arab friends and acquaintances I have made, some of whom I am still friends with today. Thus, it is with great regret that I am about to say the following:

If you want to know what the vast majority of Middle Eastern Arab citizens thinks about Judaism and Israel, imagine the very most rabid antisemitic Twitter user you ever encountered--the kind who drones on endlessly about "the Rothschilds," how Israelis are "occupiers," how maybe Jews really do drink the blood of Gentile babies and how Hitler wasn't all bad. Think about the beliefs such a person must hold about Judaism and Israel, and the crazed propaganda such a person must necessarily hold to be true in order to support such beliefs.

Then multiply that person's beliefs by five, and there you have what the average Middle Eastern Arab citizen thinks is true about Judaism and Israel. It is a wall of impenetrable propaganda that is simply immune to reason and reality. Those beliefs are taught in schools and understood to be verifiably true. Such beliefs are wildly irrational, yet so pervasive that their believers think they are wholly rational.

That is what anyone is up against in trying to establish peace in the Middle East.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Tents? They have houses

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tents? They have houses

Middle Easterners can go camping if they want to.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I assume nobody was willing to let him in their house

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah okay Lawrence of Arabia

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
What are the odds that the Roman statue pfp guy was even serving in the military when Operation Desert Shield was taking place?

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

selec posted:

That’s how the victims were selected, sure, but what precipitated the need for the sacrifices (in this fun model I’m proposing where any murder the state undertakes in cold blood is a ritual sacrifice) before the victims get selected?

Edit:

I’m wondering if there are any good materialist/leftist histories of the Salem witch trials anyone can recommend

Motherland: Fort Salem

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
I swear there was a post here before with a twitter screenshot of some indian nationalist telling Mia Khalifa he was going to delete all his movies of her in protest against her stance on Palestine.

Could someone hook me up, I've gone through the last few pages of the threads I've read multiple times but can't see it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sick of Applebees posted:

I swear there was a post here before with a twitter screenshot of some indian nationalist telling Mia Khalifa he was going to delete all his movies of her in protest against her stance on Palestine.

Could someone hook me up, I've gone through the last few pages of the threads I've read multiple times but can't see it.

Best I can do is this:

https://twitter.com/miakhalifa/status/1357428887701970948

video

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
She's skinnier and there's more lens flare now. Big whoop

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/italyinisrael/status/1711821345976181111?s=46

I sure hope there’s some context here because this basically looks like “we lit up our monument to Jimmy the Jewslayer in solidarity with you guys”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Austria boutta light up this house:

(They are ironically, but I poo poo you not, turning it into a police station.)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

his name is shad

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Spelled "assited" wrong at the end, D+

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
america does human sacrifices right now, just in slomo

or fast if cops are involved

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Also if the sun is behind her... why is she lit from the front

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Is entering in the description of what you want in the textbox for the AI to draw more involved than saying the same words to an artist you are hiring?

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Nebrilos posted:

Is entering in the description of what you want in the textbox for the AI to draw more involved than saying the same words to an artist you are hiring?

Yeah artists ask for things like "clarification" and "money" and "dignity" while bots just spit out an endless stream of stolen asset collages for you to pick the least hideous of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The barest fragment of fairness here: It is difficult to communicate to an AI what you want in a way that it will understand if you want something quite specific. There is certainly a technique to this. It's probably more difficult than telling an artist even, an artist is a sapient thinking being who can fill in blanks and ask for clarifications to get you what you want!

But... why act like it's comparable to being an artist? It's the same skillset as finding something in a search engine but taken up a notch.