Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

this fuckn rear end in a top hat will never be able to cum until iran is bombed

gently caress him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
https://twitter.com/Caucasuswar/status/1711790923573510180

uhhh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mdemone posted:

ask Dr. Chancellor Williams after you read his book.

think about what must have been happening along the upper Nile about 5000 years ago. modern Ethiopia? follow the etymology of the word itself...

African civilization came first. This has to be at the root of all anthropology.

blessed.....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Israel/Palestine Crysis

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

More like Yoav Goofus, right?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i guess their phasers have been set to stun this whole time

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hatebag posted:

it was made up in 700 bce or whatever because the big enemy of israel at the time was egypt

way older even than that...

Mister Speaker posted:

Can you elaborate on this? I know it's a myth but what do you mean specifically by 'bronze age propaganda'?

It's a re-historicization of how Ethiopian (upper Nile) peoples were displaced by North African/Arab (lower Nile) by means of war, trade, immigration, etc.

occurred maybe 5000-2500 BCE.

Egyptian Old Kingdom starts around the end of that time, more or less.

the Sphinx was modeled after Khufre, circa 3000 BCE.

his African nose was destroyed by the later masters of the Egyptian kingdom. Napoleon only wished he could have done it.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
good news, AOC did the bare minimum by actually calling out ethnic cleansing

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1711928227239797075

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

smoobles posted:

Israel/Palestine Crysis

thread title plz

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I would really very much like everyone to stop being evil

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Crazypoops posted:

I would really very much like everyone to stop being evil

you're in the wrong place.. this thread is against babies having heads!!!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Typo posted:

this is why I get all my news from twitter embeds on cspam

I also hate myself, so you know...

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

Nah, she's boths-sidesing - gently caress her.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

RadiRoot posted:

where in that statement is she decrying ethnic cleansing. expelling Palestinians for being Arab isn't Islamophobic.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/scottinankeny/status/1711791849403199934

Ukraine flag in name... yep, that about sums it up

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

smoobles posted:

you're in the wrong place.. this thread is against babies having heads!!!

oh sorry, I'll be specific. Could a space faring species please use the eden device on usa and israel

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

is this after condemning pro-palestine protests she can go eat poo poo

shes a worthless careerist

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ArnoRosenfeld/status/1711898311341314545

Reporter for the Forward, formerly known as the Jewish Daily Forward

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hatebag posted:

the jews are actually just canaanites and they weren't even a thing when the pyramids were being built. there are some fibs in the bibel

I found the following explanation amusing, though idgaf about "biblical history" until the Incarnation.

The chariot nobles who ruled the Canaanite city states had long been oppressing the nomads and peasants of the surrounding hills and deserts. Many ended up leading a bandit existence dodging the chariots. The politics of city states dominated by overbearing aristocrats being what it is, ousted nobles and rebels ran away to lead a fugitive life among the bandits. Together they formed bands of guerrilla fighters known as Habiru, who were readily hired as mercenaries. This became a widespread movement spreading through Canaan, Syria and Phoenicia. Israelites who had fled from Egypt formed their own tribal warbands. Akhenaten’s regime was unconcerned as to whether or not the Habiru managed to capture a city from the maryannu aristocrats as long as whoever was in charge recognised Pharaoh’s supremacy. Akhenaten may even have been sympathetic to the religious movement spreading among the Habiru: a belief in one supreme god.

Ultimately David, who began as a mercenary leader of a Habiru warband in service with the “Philistines” (Pelasgian cities of the coast), captured the Canaanite city of Jerusalem and established a new kingdom in Canaan. Egypt, locked in war with the Hittites had no need to interfere in the rise of this useful buffer state, indeed, the Pharaoh made an alliance with David’s successor, Solomon. It was not until the Israelite kingdom split up that the Pharaoh began to intervene in this region.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

The Oldest Man posted:

i think the funniest answer to this is probably crimea but ill hear your pitches

Palestinian Autonomous Oblast

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Horseshoe theory posted:

Yeah she's fence sitting and pissing everyone off lmao

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Again Iran will not directly get involved in this because of internal politics however if Iranian Shiite backed militias (Hezbollah, Houthis, various Iraqi groups) get involved then yea America/Israel/West will find an excuse to attacked.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

now who will pray, for Babylon?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

Yeah she's fence sitting and pissing everyone off lmao

good

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/ArnoRosenfeld/status/1711898311341314545

Reporter for the Forward, formerly known as the Jewish Daily Forward

It doesn't matter. We live in a post-truth world now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Suddenly remembering the Palestinian Republican at some event who asked a question and was immediately corrected that he was not a Palestinian as Palestine does not exist.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Frosted Flake posted:

I found the following explanation amusing, though idgaf about "biblical history" until the Incarnation.

The chariot nobles who ruled the Canaanite city states had long been oppressing the nomads and peasants of the surrounding hills and deserts. Many ended up leading a bandit existence dodging the chariots. The politics of city states dominated by overbearing aristocrats being what it is, ousted nobles and rebels ran away to lead a fugitive life among the bandits. Together they formed bands of guerrilla fighters known as Habiru, who were readily hired as mercenaries. This became a widespread movement spreading through Canaan, Syria and Phoenicia. Israelites who had fled from Egypt formed their own tribal warbands. Akhenaten’s regime was unconcerned as to whether or not the Habiru managed to capture a city from the maryannu aristocrats as long as whoever was in charge recognised Pharaoh’s supremacy. Akhenaten may even have been sympathetic to the religious movement spreading among the Habiru: a belief in one supreme god.

Ultimately David, who began as a mercenary leader of a Habiru warband in service with the “Philistines” (Pelasgian cities of the coast), captured the Canaanite city of Jerusalem and established a new kingdom in Canaan. Egypt, locked in war with the Hittites had no need to interfere in the rise of this useful buffer state, indeed, the Pharaoh made an alliance with David’s successor, Solomon. It was not until the Israelite kingdom split up that the Pharaoh began to intervene in this region.

serious question: what's a good book on this

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

new kind of cat posted:

this fuckn rear end in a top hat will never be able to cum until iran is bombed

gently caress him

Not to pathologize, but the most hardcore Empire Builders seem to have been repressed/closeted homosexuals. Gordon, James Brooke, Rhodes, Byron, Arthur Somerset. I believe Gordon said his only love was for Victoria, and Rhodes said something similar.

Would Lindsey Graham be better off if he had just been allowed to marry a nice South Carolinian man or would he still be a fire eater?

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
um sweatie, aoc did a dance and it owned the chuds so if you don't like it then you should think about your misogyny

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1711486755591873011

Holy poo poo, there is a God

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Typo posted:

woof. I'm not sure any of that has historical documents supporting it.

as a general suggestion I would say Peter Brown's "Through the Eye of a Needle"

is an excellent grounding point for how the Christian church became whatever it is now.

edit also anything by Diarmaid McCulloch especially "Christianity: the first three thousand years"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Iran is one of Russia's closest military allies right now, if not the closest.

They're not going to just sit around and do nothing if USA starts a hot war or something.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Holden Bloodfeast repping

e: lol

the original.. really liked this comic...

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1018944312816619525?s=21

Smythe has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Oct 11, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Typo posted:

well not the Bible I’ll tell you that right now

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

well, at least she's still spineless to attacks from both left and right for now.

gonna suck when she's done transforming into Feinstein 2.0

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Typo posted:

Armies of the Ancient Near East by N R Stillman and N Tallis

Chariot: The Astounding Rise and Fall of the World's First War Machine by Arthur Cotterell

I thought Amarna Sunrise was also very good.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Frosted Flake posted:

Armies of the Ancient Near East by N R Stillman and N Tallis

Chariot: The Astounding Rise and Fall of the World's First War Machine by Arthur Cotterell

I thought Amarna Sunrise was also very good.

I'll give it a look thnx

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

huh, never heard of this habiru business. i thought the jews retconned their own religion to be monotheistic while they were partly in captivity in babylon because they were removed from the holy land so they needed to have a reason for why their god that was previously associated with the land of israel would have magic powers over there too
also i thought the philistines were a sea people comprised of various non-semitic mediterranens.
anthropology is neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Iran is one of Russia's closest military allies right now, if not the closest.

They're not going to just sit around and do nothing if USA starts a hot war or something.

They may send like advisors and more importantly its going to be Iranian drones launched by Iranian proxies that penetrate the Iron Dome in places like Haifa and Tel Aviv then Israel will go full ballistic on them, regardless of who launched them.