Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Samovar posted:

Also that pepperoni monstrosity should only be used for state executions.

for your crimes you are to be drowned in molten pepperoni grease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acHQaIe26YA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That thumbnail makes it look like the pepperoni is pissing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The real curse is that it’s lean cuisine…

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Cartoon Man posted:

I think the lean is why the pepperoni slid off

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

maybealabia posted:

I think the lean is why the pepperoni slid off

Got an IRL Goofy ha-HYUCK laugh from me

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Cartoon Man posted:

On my phone, so at first this just looked like pepperoni leaning on a raw steak lmao

"weird pizza, definitely fits the thread"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
imagine 4 pepperonis on the side of a pizza slice

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Looks like shields on the side of a viking longship

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
What’s with the American obsession with pepperoni on pizza? I’m sure it’s good and all, but everywhere else ham seems to be the basic topping.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

reignonyourparade posted:

Looks like shields on the side of a viking longship

Just needs some pepperoni shields on the other side, and it would be a fine vessel to take you into battle

:rock:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Von Pluring posted:

What’s with the American obsession with pepperoni on pizza? I’m sure it’s good and all, but everywhere else ham seems to be the basic topping.

Well let's not get all crazy here, just because some folks abuse pepperoni doesn't mean it's not a perfectly fine pizza topping that fits a different niche than ham.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've never seen straight up "ham" on an American pizza anywhere in my life so something must be lost in translation.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well let's not get all crazy here, just because some folks abuse pepperoni doesn't mean it's not a perfectly fine pizza topping that fits a different niche than ham.

Yeah, pepperoni is just a good meat to put on pizza. Because of how it's cooked, other meat need to be pre-heated and things like chicken can also dry out if not done properly. If you want meat on a pizza pepproni's just a solid choice.

Diffrent styles of pizza will also change which type of meats work better and worse as well. For the thin New York style pepproni works particular well I think. Thicker pizzas thicker types of meat can work better.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Captain Hygiene posted:

I’m sure it’s good, I just wonder why it isn’t really a thing in Europe. We do have salami on pizza, but it’s not that common.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

muscles like this! posted:

That thumbnail makes it look like the pepperoni is pissing.

Come to think of it, if you pitched up Guga's voice, he'd probably sound a lot like the "Mario taking a piss" guy.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've never seen straight up "ham" on an American pizza anywhere in my life so something must be lost in translation.
Okay technically Hawaiian Pizza is Canadian, but all the major chains in the US have ham as an option as a result.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Need to blot the grease with a paper towel first before dumping it on the fries :spergin:

Nah, you blot the grease with some nice crusty white bread.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Von Pluring posted:

I’m sure it’s good, I just wonder why it isn’t really a thing in Europe. We do have salami on pizza, but it’s not that common.

We do have peperoni pizzas here, since the 90s. I remember buying a peperoni pizza was the only way to get actual peperoni instead of salami (meetvursti). I think actual peperoni sausage was something you could start buying in Finnish stores sometime between 2000 and 2010?

When going to a pizza place here, a peperoni pizza often doesn't exist in the american sense. There are like 20-30 different pizzas on the menus with different toppings, sometimes you have pizzas with peperonis + other stuff, but I have rarely seen the typical just peperoni american pizza.

It's my sons favorite pizza so for him we always just order "a pizza with just peperoni please,".

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

His Divine Shadow posted:

We do have peperoni pizzas here, since the 90s. I remember buying a peperoni pizza was the only way to get actual peperoni instead of salami (meetvursti). I think actual peperoni sausage was something you could start buying in Finnish stores sometime between 2000 and 2010?

When going to a pizza place here, a peperoni pizza often doesn't exist in the american sense. There are like 20-30 different pizzas on the menus with different toppings, sometimes you have pizzas with peperonis + other stuff, but I have rarely seen the typical just peperoni american pizza.

It's my sons favorite pizza so for him we always just order "a pizza with just peperoni please,".

Meetvursti has to be the same as "medvurst" in Swedish. With vurst being the German word Wurst for sausage... Sorry, I've got nothing else here.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I just assumed people would google image search it.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
"ham" is often wet and bland. Low tier topping.
Bacon is the superior pairing with pineapple.

Pepperoni is an honorary vegetable

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

His Divine Shadow posted:

We do have peperoni pizzas here, since the 90s.

It's not a thing in Germany. The closest toppings are either salami or sucuk (turkish spicy sausage). If you order peperoni on your 'za here you'll get pickled green peppers.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Von Pluring posted:

Meetvursti has to be the same as "medvurst" in Swedish. With vurst being the German word Wurst for sausage... Sorry, I've got nothing else here.
what's all this about the metaverse

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Grab Im Moor posted:

It's not a thing in Germany. The closest toppings are either salami or sucuk (turkish spicy sausage). If you order peperoni on your 'za here you'll get pickled green peppers.

I remember a place that served peperoni pizza in Munich. Worst pizza I have ever actually eaten. The place also was a grimy streetfacing standing room only operation with very odd decoration choices. And they charges 25% more then the other street facing pizza place next door. Though when I travelled by 10 years later they had a sign out stating that they hadn't increased prices in 20 years.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Von Pluring posted:

I went to a pizza place in London once, and the pepperoni was called "The Americano" :britain:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

VictualSquid posted:

I remember a place that served peperoni pizza in Munich. Worst pizza I have ever actually eaten. The place also was a grimy streetfacing standing room only operation with very odd decoration choices. And they charges 25% more then the other street facing pizza place next door. Though when I travelled by 10 years later they had a sign out stating that they hadn't increased prices in 20 years.

Do you remember where it was or the name? I'm intrigued to find it and test it to post some pictures here.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

ephex posted:

Do you remember where it was or the name? I'm intrigued to find it and test it to post some pictures here.

Not the name, but it was near the corner of Dachauerstaße and Lothstraße behind the supermarket. And i just checked street view, and it seems to have been replaced by an Asian food place.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

VictualSquid posted:

Not the name, but it was near the corner of Dachauerstaße and Lothstraße behind the supermarket. And i just checked street view, and it seems to have been replaced by an Asian food place.
:negative:
I know that area very well, used to study and later work there. Not sure I remember that place though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

maybealabia posted:

"ham" is often wet and bland. Low tier topping.
Bacon is the superior pairing with pineapple.

Pepperoni is an honorary vegetable

Pep and pineapple :swoon:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Pep and pineapple :swoon:

It's actually really good, pre-grill/fry the pineapple, add some chopped red jalapeños and it's perfection

I've never understood the ham/pineapple combo, it's just very underwhelming, and it's so easy to make it so much better.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Pep, bacon, and pineapple

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
The spiciest pizza: “Loaded gun found in pizza box during traffic stop in California, police say”

https://news.yahoo.com/loaded-gun-found-pizza-box-022859934.html

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The spiciest pizza: “Loaded gun found in pizza box during traffic stop in California, police say”

https://news.yahoo.com/loaded-gun-found-pizza-box-022859934.html
look, I know people are harsh on it but I grew up with Oakland-style pizza and it's actually pretty good

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Italian sausage and pineapple is extremely underrated. you can add peppers and red onions and i usually throw some jalapenos on also

the curse is my usual order is sausage, pineapple and black olives

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/sa_da_tay/status/1712226797692268937

I was told to bring this excitement here for everyone to enjoy. Ostensibly from Portland.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oscar Mayer and pesto on naan

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Would scrape the pesto off and just eat that mortadella

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

My friend made a point that that 'za is probably an insistent customer job

The crime is them making it regardless of what a wrong customer says to you. Making it regardless of circumstance is the crime

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is what it should look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

This is what it should look like.

I like the extra cum.