Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao I forgot that was the thread he was upset about

Who the gently caress takes that seriously

if he was mad there are funnier ways to react

like giving everyone in the thread a sixer that says 'sorry'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

funmanguy posted:

That guy was the reason that down jacket fetish got his name changed to inexplicable humblebrag

lol oh yeah

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You know, I've had a lot of lovely sexual experiences, but at least my first one was really good.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

fuckin lol

motherfuckers like aa just love telling on themselves, don't they?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

how the gently caress is Harvestella already half price? I know there was that weird window where like 8 farming sim rpg games got released but this was a Squenix game.

Harvestella is very good. It is basically a Xeno game with training wheels.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Stux posted:

play them. right now.

No. Don't.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Get out of here, STALKER!

Classic poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

You got something spill da beans, if not take a hike!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Valko posted:

No. Don't.

why not valko

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

valko's uncharacteristically right - you shouldn't play the stalker games, but should instead play stalker: anomaly, the stand-alone mod that stitches all three games' content into one coherent map

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

valko's uncharacteristically right - you shouldn't play the stalker games, but should instead play stalker: anomaly, the stand-alone mod that stitches all three games' content into one coherent map

you dont play stalker with mods for your first playthrough you silly bitch

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

correct. you play a standalone mod

i cannot recommend playing clear sky as it currently stands in 2023

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I will not be playing any scary games.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

respect

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cheeky-breeky.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

actually i can recommend clear sky for one reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_podzD4cSA

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

humblebrag do what valkon't.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I realise they are considered classics but they are old and janky. If you want the Stalker experience without the hassle of confounding bugs then play the Metro games instead.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

but they're totally different games? like the whole point of stalker is vibe of the setting and the weird spooky otherworldly poo poo.

it's like saying "yeah, final fantasy 4 is kinda janky and limited, you should go play persona 5 instead."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Valko posted:

I realise they are considered classics but they are old and janky. If you want the Stalker experience without the hassle of confounding bugs then play the Metro games instead.

:chloe:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
gently caress yeah it's Valko time!!!!!Oh

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Stalker is a game about exploration and immersion. Metro is a game about telling one specific story. There is very little overlap in what makes each game good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they are both slav in origin

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The only downside is it replaces the main quest with an altered slightly more awkward version that probably only makes sense if you know the story already

But it's not much of a downside because the story is way less important than the horrible feeling of being chased by mutants when you're a nooby and have no idea what you're doing so go nuts rly. Plus there's no fiddly mod installation since it's a free standalone thing. I assume it's still up and free because the real Stalker devs are cool but I could be wrong.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I looked at Stalker but it was old and janky, so I bought Atomic Heart instead.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
atomic fart

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

gently caress yeah it's Valko time!!!!!Oh

And with that I realise it's time for me to GTFO out of this thread.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they are both slav in origin

Yeah, basically this.

Anyway, bye.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Bro my poo poo is weak come on.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I like to play video games on the computer

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Valko posted:

And with that I realise it's time for me to GTFO out of this thread.

Yeah, basically this.

Anyway, bye.

yeah that’s not dumb as hell and insulting

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I looked at Stalker but it was old and janky, so I bought Atomic Heart instead.

lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Bro my poo poo is weak come on.

Gah!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I lied bc I just remembered I have Costume Quest 2 on my Epic Games account and will be playing that later.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

atomic shart was right there ffs

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

get on pathologic

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
there's actually scary and then there is surprising. A lot of horror games+movies go for the latter with something popping up on the screen along with a loud noise+music. Occasionally they'll show it barely visible in the background first to build the tension and, in a theater, someone always spots it and starts yelling, which rules.

The former doesn't need to use jump scares to terrify you, like in Soma, but can throw it in occasionally to keep you on you worried it might happen.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Valko posted:

I already played those.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

atomic shart was right there ffs

it's still there. nobody can take it away from you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you should absolutely and under no circumstances play anomaly first, thats completely insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

farewell, valko