Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

reminder that Elon blames schools for making his daughter trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kazil posted:

And also communist

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they poured ear poison into elon musks daughter and made her trans and communist its like hamlet

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

what is so important is critical thinking, which id like to try someday myself,

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Checkmate libz, how can Elon be anti-semitic now?

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1712123400276095402?s=20

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

OK, so now Hamas will be able to seize Teslas and use them as firebombs.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmfao what a psycho

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i hope elons daughter slays him and takes his throne, acting out some sort of ancient prophecy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

OK, so now Hamas will be able to seize Teslas

I misread that as Texas at first and you got me excited

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

well they're not very good at it because his 20 other kids aren't

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm gonna demand my daughter's preschool to focus on critical thinking

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kazil posted:

"pours poison into the ears of our children," AKA teaching them things that I don't like

Also, critical thinking? That's the thing Musk doesn't use whenever he's reposting or commenting on bullshit

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

also lmao "critical thinking" is and always has been the main thrust of a liberal arts education. loving dolt.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
The funny thing is that a lot of the poo poo that people get mad about schools teaching is stuff that counters to the "common wisdom" we extol in the US. In other words, critical thinking.

Them: "The United States is not a racist nation."
Us: "Well lets look into that in the context of history and systems and institutions..."
Them: "No, don't do that!"
Them: "Why don't schools teach critical thinking!?"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712096627412857006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712126025503555865

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

look at that learning happening in the older photos. also no political indoctrination at all!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

literally thought for a moment that the bottom left photograph was a semi-famous picture of Goebbels visiting a German primary school

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Critical thinking 🤣🤣🤣

More like woke mind virus amirite

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I remember when the world was literally black and white and we liked it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

steinrokkan posted:

Half of it anyway

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

shyduck posted:

look at that learning happening in the older photos. also no political indoctrination at all!

I'm surprised he didn't go with a photo of the schoolkids going HEIL to the flag

Also I love that installing a mental firewall is the highest priority - nothing helps kids learn better than closed minds!

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

The worst thing these people could possibly imagine is a world where kids are taught to actually be nice to each other.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

God Bless Our REAL Patriot Warrior-Parents

Thank Heaven those closed minds are definitely closed forever! It's not going to be a painfully-long, upsetting, deeply-uncomfortable process when a lot of those kids throw up, see the world with their own eyes, and cease being able to put off thinking about the discrepancies.

They'll definitely still respect you after this transition, especially if you push back on it in stupid and reductive ways after they're comfortably independent!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Handy list of what is and is not considered "indoctrination" according to someone like Musk:

Indoctrination
  • Kids learning that LGBTQ people exist
  • Politeness and respect for other people
  • The fact that it's OK if you don't fit into a particular gender stereotype

Not Indoctrination
  • The pledge of allegiance
  • Prayer in school
  • Learning about """"""""Western values"""""""""" (e.g: Great Men of History, the continent of North America was "savage" before we "civilized" it, etc.)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I sometimes worry about posting in a very politically slanted way in this thread because, you know, this is GBS. However, it's loving Elon Musk, and it turns out he's way more extreme than I bet most anyone could have guessed even 3 years ago, and it was drat clear he's been a right wing loon for a long rear end time.

how can it be remotely possible to approach any of this guy's poo poo in an apolitical way

edit: it's been obvious for a long time he's loving crazy, but if you told me in 2020 that in just two or three years time he would be openly posting memes that could roughly translate to the ideology and standing orders of the Waffen-SS, I'd have been skeptical that it would go that far

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 11, 2023

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Potato Salad posted:

I sometimes worry about posting in a very politically slanted way in this thread because, you know, this is GBS. However, it's loving Elon Musk, and it turns out he's way more extreme than I bet most anyone could have guessed even 3 years ago, and it was drat clear he's been a right wing loon for a long rear end time.

how can it be remotely possible to approach any of this guy's poo poo in an apolitical way

You can't be neutral on a moving train hyperloop

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Potato Salad posted:

Not a mod (and wouldn't want the job), but I wouldn't worry about it; this thread is at least politics-adjacent. It has to be when Elon's politics are so inscrutable.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Buce posted:

i hope elons daughter slays him and takes his throne, acting out some sort of ancient prophecy

Elon's daughter already slaaaays :biglips:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

occurred to me i haven’t seen screenshots of the made up revenue sharing payments in a while, did that quietly end already?

the payout dates and intervals for musk’s handpicked recipients seemed completely arbitrary when they started going out a month or so ago, not on a the same weekly or monthly timeline for everyone, so i assume the chosen grifters would still be bragging about their five or six figure checks every week if it were still going on. anyone know?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Buce posted:

also lmao "critical thinking" is and always has been the main thrust of a liberal arts education. loving dolt.

The whole reason the GOP went after education right after losing an election. He knows.

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
Just at a talk about EU laws and the presenter called out Musk's response to the EU "comply with our demands on not spreading disinformation" with some nonsense about "our policy is free speech" as being laughably wrong and they've until 7pm Irish time (20 mins from now) to send a proper response. This should be fun to watch.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the eu will learn about free speech in time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it costs 8 dollars

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 11, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

He's being kept out of the loop again

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kazil posted:

He's being kept out of the loop again

:dudsmile:

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Not sure if asking for someone to compile a collection of twitter's greatest racist hits for everyone to see is going to go well for elon musk but I look forward to the ensuing lols

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Grimes' lawyers even now are puzzling over a haughty letter demanding that rather than attending any shifty, backrooms 'court hearings', they must post their evidence upon X, the Everything Platform, so that the People May Decide who gets custody of whatshisname and the secret one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Elon only makes backroom deals with the Saudi government! Everyone else has to post online.