Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

I was going to suggest provisioning some other food, not forcing the tuna down the boy’s gullet.

Hang on have I just missed a joke

Well then we're agreed, no touching them kids :respek:

E: perhaps my strongest snipe ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Nice positive story for a change

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I was thinking about this and it's not that dumb. Anyone trying to watch a clip is going to be wondering why Starmer is covered in glitter, so any news covering it is going to have to include the clip of it being thrown, Starmer rebooting, and the guy shouting his manifesto (or at least that seems to have been his intent before being tackled).

I guess I've just become accustomed to protests being more milkshaky or roadblocky.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

killerwhat posted:

That’s cool, if a somewhat random choice for Bristol. No Black UK women to make a statue of? Still, one statue is better than no statues.

I worked with HeLa cells when I was a cell biologist. Those things are a mess. Poor her :(
Yeah I can understand the idea behind not making her legacy tied to a single nation, because places the world over benefited from HeLa cells without her consent, and if it gets people talking about medical ethics then the statue is doing what was intended for.

There's a Mary Seacole statue in London outside of St. Thomas' Hospital that may have been a more appropriate Bristol choice.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I only know Tom Harwood from Twitter, and assumed he was just one of the young nepobaby GBeebie presenters. I didn't realise he had a loving BBC job, but the reply to the video explains why he's at the BBC and is a factoid I forgot over time.

https://twitter.com/colinnwalker/status/1712093997596864658

e: I haven't posted a CWS for a while. I'd better fix that:
https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1712128384115867988

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah I can understand the idea behind not making her legacy tied to a single nation, because places the world over benefited from HeLa cells without her consent, and if it gets people talking about medical ethics then the statue is doing what was intended for.

Yeah, and the artist is a black Bristolian artist who'd been working with Lacks' family for years and suggested to the university cell biology dept that they honour her, so fair enough really.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I wonder if Sir Keir 'Knows Law' Starmer realises that cutting off infrastructure to civilian populaces in times of war is a war crime?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm sure everything's fine and above board. Remember that he used to be a leading Human Rights Barrister, and he has a 100% unblemished record from his time as DPP and has never told a lie in his life. He also won the Colgate freshest breath competition for 5 years in a row. The man is a living god.

e: interesting tweet:

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1712133953254011087

Though I suspect that many of those votes will be from racist right wingers who decry anything other than a Union Jack or Swastika flying above our public buildings

e: this just dropped:

https://twitter.com/BobGeor27574923/status/1712108634602119470

that is literally all that's released so far

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 11, 2023

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Good to know Dommo, Lee, Warners and Slackey were on the case.

But where were Gibbo, Burnsy, Cheeks and Ricey when you needed them?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jakabite posted:

It’s good OP, you’ll enjoy it. Let me know if you’d like any recs for food and drink in the area, or other fun things (there’s an Engels statue that’s quite cool that might be a suitable thematic expedition).

^^^^^that is nuts and not something I’d ever considered

The museum was indeed good but a little jarring to come out and walk back to find st peters square swarming with cops and a big TV advertisement van promoting the concept of Israel.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Well then we're agreed, no touching them kids :respek:

E: perhaps my strongest snipe ever

Don’t diddle kids, I don’t diddle kids, nooo one younger than my dauuuughterrrrr!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

... a big TV advertisement van promoting the concept of Israel.

A concept you say... the current reality does not seem appealing from whatever angle you look at it. :yikes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it's actually a rally or something, hundred odd people waving Israeli flags

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Microplastics posted:

Spotted this interesting floor plan while looking for properties.

It seems that to make use of the bidet, you must first shuffle yourself out of the toilet (assuming someone hasn't left the living room door slightly ajar and trapped you in there) and along the hallway, while your trousers are around your ankles, and then into the bathroom. And then after using the bidet, you get direct access to the garden where you can have a quiet sit and think about what you just did

just go up the garden and slide your hole along the grass like a dog imo

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

fuctifino posted:

I only know Tom Harwood from Twitter, and assumed he was just one of the young nepobaby GBeebie presenters. I didn't realise he had a loving BBC job, but the reply to the video explains why he's at the BBC and is a factoid I forgot over time.

Harwood got started as a failing student politician with a suspicious level of media access, now he's a failing pundit with a suspicious level of media access.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I hate bathrooms without stand up/walk-in showers.

How are you supposed to have a piss.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

just go up the garden and slide your hole along the grass like a dog imo
I suppose it'd save on the toilet paper. And give me plenty of time to find out what's upboar while I'm shiting up the grass.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

christ it's like looking at a picture of the queen in trackies

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

christ it's like looking at a picture of the queen in trackies

no hornypost

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I bet the lord protector king charles sovereign monarch has been down Buckfast Abbey a few times to get his caffeinated wine fix.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

keep punching joe posted:

Nice positive story for a change

I bet he enjoyed Thursdays.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Irrelevant and sensitive sounds like a really lovely double act

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Irrelevant and sensitive: the British people

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If your car bursts into flames, destroys a 20million pound carpark, all the hundreds of other cars in it and grounds hundreds of flights at an international airport for a period of hours/days costing hundreds of thousands of pounds in cancellations and refunds, do they put up your car insurance rate the next year?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If your car bursts into flames, destroys a 20million pound carpark, all the hundreds of other cars in it and grounds hundreds of flights at an international airport for a period of hours/days costing hundreds of thousands of pounds in cancellations and refunds, do they put up your car insurance rate the next year?

The real worry would be if the cost of damage and injury etc exceeds the amount they'll cover you for public liability

E: or they find the remains of an aftermarket stereo you didn't declare on your insurance and they decide to void your warranty

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

More importantly, is it carbon negative or positive overall?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Asking generally or personally?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Dunno, but you'd better hope that the people who know the car you drive, where you were flying from, and the fact you don't have a car when you get back... like you a fair bit, Otherwise, someone's getting named and shamed in true Long Pooden style

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Frantically googling Long Poovid to figure out what the symptoms look like for my son.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/j0keon/status/1712150029987692996
https://twitter.com/j0keon/status/1712160166789980456

Cunts

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If it gets anymore 2003 around here my jeans are gonna spontaneously grow a wallet-chain

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

also known as the vintage Long Poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just saw a clip of Keith and the Boys singing The Red Flag to close out the party conference - grimly hilarious imo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think there were basically as many cops as Israeli flag shaggers so yeah you get that many cops in one place and they're going to start panicking and threatening people

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Lmao I saw this in the guardian and the cowards cut off the video as soon as the Israel flag was down

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
someone on the radio made a point that i dunno maybe its a bit what you lot would call melty, but i thought yeah, a better symbolic move would have been to climb up there and then fly the flags together rather than throw down the Israel one.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In the same logic, why not fly the Russian flag next to Ukraine flags then?

e: vvv It was a rhetorical question and not something I'm suggesting

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 11, 2023

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

fuctifino posted:

In the same logic, why not fly the Russian flag next to Ukraine flags then?

Well, because it's not Palestine that attacked Israel, is it?
As much as the usual cunts would like us all to believe.

Whereas it was the nation of Russia that attacked Ukraine

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

kingturnip posted:

Well, because it's not Palestine that attacked Israel, is it?
As much as the usual cunts would like us all to believe.

Whereas it was the nation of Russia that attacked Ukraine

Well, it's definitely the nation of Israel that's been attacking Palestine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You don't have to deal with higher rates if nobody is willing to offer you insurance *taps side of head*