Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kalli posted:

I'm also wrong anyway, OTC rolled a guaranteed option bonus into SB so the numbers are wrong.

Broncos are on the hook for a guaranteed $24m Option bonus next year, so it'd be damned tough to find a buyer for that monstrosity.

Do they have their own pick this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

a neat cape posted:

Problem is Russ is actually playing well now

I don’t get how that defense disintegrated into being historically bad so fast, they were a playoff team last year if the offense averaged 18 points a game and now that the offense is doing that the defense is giving up 70 :stare:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

tarbrush posted:

Do they have their own pick this year?

Yes, they have:

1st
No 2nd - Traded to Saints for Payton
3rd - They have either their own or the Saints (Payton) - Traded the other one to the Seahawks to draft Riley Moss
4th - They have either their own or the Dolphins (Chubb) - Traded the other one to the Jets for Jacob Martin.
5th
5th - Jets for Jacob Martin
No 6th - Traded to the Rams for a 7th and some guy
7th - They have either their own or the Rams' - Traded the other for Will Lutz

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

I don’t get how that defense disintegrated into being historically bad so fast, they were a playoff team last year if the offense averaged 18 points a game and now that the offense is doing that the defense is giving up 70 :stare:

They gave up 51 to a pretty busted Rams team last year. The early season performance last year was probably a bit of smoke and mirrors. Now their roster is even worse and Vance Joseph isn’t very good at his job and the players may also hate him.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I am guessing the reason is the cap, but it never made much sense to me that the Browns didn't bring back Brisset, at the very least he looked better then Watson last season.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a neat cape posted:

Problem is Russ is actually playing well now

I don't think it matters if he plays well or not anymore, I think the damage is done

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

giving up 50 points a game is just a motivational tactic to help Russell Wilson become.....iconic

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Freaquency posted:

An accountant doesn’t really have a finite window of time before their skills rapidly decline

Like with anything in football it’s a mix of factors. Sometimes you don’t spend anything on your O-line and your potential HOF QB gets too hurt and just quits. Sometimes your QB is taught some bad habits they can’t break. Maybe they skate by on talent but the coaching staff never teaches them how to refine their game so they have something to fall back on when the athleticism slips. Occasionally they have some potential but by the time they hit FA they’re damaged goods and no one is going to take them seriously as a starting QB again. You can argue about whether they are truly wrecked or not but ultimately there is 100% a difference between getting coached by someone like Reid early in your career versus, just picking a name out of a hat, Frank Reich.

I hear that and I get that a first round pick really just has a short window to prove themselves. Even when they're brought in as reclamation projects from actual good coaches, they don't get the same level of attention they'd receive if they had been with said good coach from the jump.

But so much of this is chicken-egg. Brian Daboll was an uninspired hire until Josh Allen came along. Greg Roman's calling card was never QB development and yet Lamar Jackson is good. People loathe Jason Garrett but a 5th round pick became a Pro Bowl QB under him.

Meanwhile, Kyle Shanahan couldn't make anything out of Trey Lance, Bruce Arians couldn't get anything out of Jameis Winston, and now Frank Reich—the guy who made Carson Wentz an All-Pro candidate and rode Nick Foles to a Super Bowl win—is struggling with Bryce Young.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

giving up 50 points a game is just a motivational tactic to help Russell Wilson become.....iconic

I think I'd appreciate him more if he just becomes ironic, an aging Denver hipster refusing to throw anything but sluggouts and fades out of fear of becoming passé

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bellmaker posted:

They declined a lot last year right after the Chubb trade.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fsif posted:

I hear that and I get that a first round pick really just has a short window to prove themselves. Even when they're brought in as reclamation projects from actual good coaches, they don't get the same level of attention they'd receive if they had been with said good coach from the jump.

But so much of this is chicken-egg. Brian Daboll was an uninspired hire until Josh Allen came along. Greg Roman's calling card was never QB development and yet Lamar Jackson is good. People loathe Jason Garrett but a 5th round pick became a Pro Bowl QB under him.

Meanwhile, Kyle Shanahan couldn't make anything out of Trey Lance, Bruce Arians couldn't get anything out of Jameis Winston, and now Frank Reich—the guy who made Carson Wentz an All-Pro candidate and rode Nick Foles to a Super Bowl win—is struggling with Bryce Young.

Yeah it’s definitely a confluence of factors and we probably over-emphasize the impact coaches have at times (like, Pagano wasn’t the reason Luck had those abysmal O-lines, for example), but we’re all suckers for narrative and that’s a relatively easy one.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

N: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38633340/sources-nfl-mulls-george-kittle-fine-anti-cowboys-shirt

V: Kittle did nothing wrong :hmmyes:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
News: Dua Lipa wants a tight end and tweeted George Kittle
Views: Yessssss…the musician-tight end arms race begins

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Was Lizzo singing about T. J. Hockenson?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Gatts posted:

News: Dua Lipa wants a tight end and tweeted George Kittle
Views: Yessssss…the musician-tight end arms race begins

Save a horse, gently caress the Cowboys

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Save a horse, gently caress the Cowboys
New thread title

for every thread

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This has to be a typo. Surely they meant “a reward”?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/moreforyou_cle/status/1712240445604995363?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's hurt a lot

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not showing his eyes makes me fear the worst

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Just full of nerve blocks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
whatever this is just released. i kinda dont like the whole vibe but I did like nfl blitz when I was a kid so maybe this will be cool. and it is definitely good there are options apart from madden even if its not real football

also what does he mean by saying 'this one was wild, no pun intended' whats the pun that wasn't intended

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256974344/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1696941550

i mustve missed this story, how did that happen?

Play fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 12, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think he put way too much lighter fluid when starting a fire in his firepit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Like, way way way too much

edit: mcmagic got to reid it seems

https://twitter.com/JustinqReid/status/1712261604522307707

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 12, 2023

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Play posted:

also what does he mean by saying 'this one was wild, no pun intended' whats the pun that wasn't intended

It's called "Wild Card Football"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Play posted:

i mustve missed this story, how did that happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHjhP07HyAs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

whatever this is just released. i kinda dont like the whole vibe but I did like nfl blitz when I was a kid so maybe this will be cool. and it is definitely good there are options apart from madden even if its not real football

A bit weird to get the NFLPA license but not have the teams, I'm guessing that's due to EA licensing shenanigans.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Webm doesn’t work on iOS, can someone post the name of the game tia

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
please don't just post a tweet. please. it's dumb and bad... please, SA posters....

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Webm doesn’t work on iOS, can someone post the name of the game tia

Wild Card Football. Colin Kaepernick is the player they feature most prominently in the key art, for some reason?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Colin Kaepernick, by Rob Liefeld.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Colin Kaepernick, by Rob Liefeld.

The feet are even cut off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he looks like that now. don't be a jerk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colin Kaepernick's Cargo Shorts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lady Dracula posted:

please don't just post a tweet. please. it's dumb and bad... please, SA posters....

Sure thing whoever you are

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Play posted:

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256974344/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1696941550

lol even his CGI hairpiece looks too fake

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Amy, please.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Amy Pole Her posted:

thank you Amy Pole Her