Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
looking forward to al-saqr claiming a mod admin star as a war trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Don Pigeon posted:

God he is such an attention whore..

well he is a late night comedian lol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
All the photos of "look what israel has to deal with :( :( :(" is like, one car on fire with a bunch of people watching. Then there is this
https://twitter.com/wyoumans/status/1712095029378908386?s=20

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everything is just so callously evil

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I can't believe they've gone and made war political :qq:

Everyones yelling about Israel, palestine.. I just want to grill for god sakes! (By grill i mean enjoy snuff films)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Thoguh posted:

ngl the number of people in this thread that joined all the sad posters in trying to shut down or move the COVID thread that are now amazed to see the exact same strategies used for this one is kinda funny.

This. It's time to remember what's really at stake here.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Sherbert Hoover posted:

hadn't been there in a long time and didn't realize it had become pumped up music videos for people getting blown away. if that's the norm i understand why people are so against allowing any combat content here

it's almost always the source that puts in the Phonk tracks rather than the OP.

adding some hollywood flair to my_warcrimes.mp4

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Thoguh posted:

ngl the number of people in this thread that joined all the sad posters in trying to shut down or move the COVID thread that are now amazed to see the exact same strategies used for this one is kinda funny.

Looking into this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Raccooon posted:

It’s pretty demoralizing to see how many people are cheering on the mass murder of Palestinians with glee. I don’t even understand where the hatred of this level of an oppressed people comes from.

When I was a kid, any news I saw about I/P always made it seem like the Israel and Palestine were military equivalents, that the death tolls were about the same, the amount of armament the same, with Arab aid over-emphasized. Combined with the public emphasis on Jewish victimhood without separating it from Zionism, and it's easy to believe Israel is being oppressed by the entire region as opposing to viewing it as a colonial power bullying a people who have no real way to defend themselves. But 2015 cured me of a lot of that, and cured a lot of people of that. The current wave of Zionism can best be summed up in left-punching, general embarrassment over losing to the Taliban, and the subconscious fear of a lot of people that there's a waning of resources, and, well, someone needs to bite the bullet and it's not going to be me and my allies. Very freakish hours now in this country.

There's also the religious aspect, but I think that's overemphasized by some. Religiosity has shrunk in the West, and what of it that's left usually justifies their goals through secular reasoning. Your average American Right-Wing Christian is going to talk less about the mandate of God and more in realpolitick "Israel is the last bastion of democracy" poo poo.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
i just don't understand how someone can live through the bush and obama years and not come out with some questions about what constitutes terrorism, what leads to it, and what is bad about cheerleading starting a war about it, but apparently that's the vast majority of americans?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Blarghalt posted:

A running theme towards the end of apartheid was the whites actually in charge of South Africa, who knew the party was over, having to pretty regularly suppress the absolutely psychopath neo-nazi afrikaners because if they didn't it would've meant a civil war nobody would have won

one thing i remember reading was that on their way out of the country some south african whites filled elevator shafts of buildings with concrete so that they would be unusable. not sure about the truth of that thinking through the logistics and about the curing time of concrete but it seems hosed up

All the photos of "look what israel has to deal with :( :( :(" is like, one car on fire with a bunch of people watching. Then there is this

jesus fuckin christ

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kecske posted:

a just god would scour us all from the face of the earth with a gamma ray burst

TBF a gamma-ray burst would only kill half the planet.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lots of SAD posting from this one!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Frosted Flake (or any other military goons): are there any publicly available sources where this is being discussed by actual military experts, without all the shrieking and wailing?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/saeeddicaprio/status/1712174510076522508?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
theyre loterally carpetbombing the place

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

FlapYoJacks posted:

depends on when it hit

though this would leave australia to rebuild civilization, which is, ehh

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i just don't understand how someone can live through the bush and obama years and not come out with some questions about what constitutes terrorism, what leads to it, and what is bad about cheerleading starting a war about it, but apparently that's the vast majority of americans?

would you describe the average American as "curious about the world?"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

depends on when it hit

theyd just pull us back in through the Dreaming

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

depends on when it hit

A world divided between aussies, Hawaiians and indonesians

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

not necessarily. if its large enough the earth could turn to plasma and accelerate to relativistic speeds

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

DTI

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please hamas

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
I always get weirded out whenever people online are attacking the IOF and some guy comes in and reminds everyone that "yeah Israel is bad and all that but they're just dumb teen conscripts, they're not all inherently bad people" because it literally does not matter. Who cares how pure or impure their loving souls are, soldiers are undeniably a legitimate military target and even you agree that they're fighting on the wrong side. If there's any kind of sympathy to be had for them (at the very least, the ones who haven't personally shot Palestinian civilians) it's in a "this situation just sucks" kind of way. Making your citizens complicit in genocide fresh out of high school under the threat of prison time is horrible and just another entry in the long list of the Israeli regime's crimes. You can argue all you want about whether the average soldier is going to hell, heaven or purgatory when they die, it has no bearing on the ethics of Hamas' actions and if any entity in the world deserves any shred of moral blame for the death of Israel's youth on the battlefield, it's the Israeli state itself. DTI now and forever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I personally don't like people dying, which is why I support Palestine.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Thoguh posted:

dti and dtc

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

this is hosed up but you can't make a cartoon of the people who did it/support it as little pigs being run over op

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Probably Magic posted:

There's also the religious aspect, but I think that's overemphasized by some. Religiosity has shrunk in the West, and what of it that's left usually justifies their goals through secular reasoning. Your average American Right-Wing Christian is going to talk less about the mandate of God and more in realpolitick "Israel is the last bastion of democracy" poo poo.
their nationalistic impulses have been repressed because democrats are in power ("the west has fallen"), but it's not like their thirst for power and conquest have gone away, so israel has become a sink for them to dump that complicated mixture of frustration, boredom and power hunger, and their expression might be even more mendacious and dishonest because they're not israeli.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pistol_Pete posted:

Frosted Flake (or any other military goons): are there any publicly available sources where this is being discussed by actual military experts, without all the shrieking and wailing?

The Hamas attack and Israeli military options: IISS experts assess the military dimensions of the surprise assault and Israel’s response.

The Hamas–Israel war and its international implications

On the brink of a major regional war

(Israeli pub) The Communities Near Gaza Have Taken the Place of the Yom Kippur Outposts
What lessons have we learned over the past 50 years? Unfortunately, not many

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

DTI

free Al-Saqr

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Huh weird the DnD thread was sure all those babies died and those questioning the narrative were just playing semantics about if they were beheaded or not hasn’t addressed this yet. Strange.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

solidarity with the palestinians and also the russians

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Congressperson Ritchie Torres of New York calls DSA and it's enablers despicable for refusing to condemn Hamas butchering babies
https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/status/1712090631504310282

Followup on the arrest of a protestor in the UK for waving a Palestinian flag
https://twitter.com/miqdaad/status/1712188933025485129

Matt Yglesias is just saying poo poo about any conflict in a global south country he can think of in an attempt to make some point about Palestine, and is making up some new conflicts as well

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
tie me to a missile and fire it at SAD. I am ready.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

well he is a late night comedian lol

he's a media exec in the most corrupt country on earth, who happens to use his position and captive audience to promote his lovely trash tier "comedy"
its like calling miles guo a popstar

in other news the source of the 40 babies claim has been traced to an outspokenly genocidal settler named "David Ben Zion" which is the sort of name an actual Nazi would give a fictional israeli character.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Jeff Fatwood posted:

tie me to a missile and fire it at SAD. I am ready.

finally some actual praxis

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

FlapYoJacks posted:

start with the northern hemisphere and you'll solve most of the problem

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zedhe Khoja posted:

he's a media exec in the most corrupt country on earth, who happens to use his position and captive audience to promote his lovely trash tier "comedy"
its like calling miles guo a popstar

buddy comedian is no title of honor it's fine to be a sucky one, Pauly shore is still a comedian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Matt Yglesias is just saying poo poo about any conflict in a global south country he can think of in an attempt to make some point about Palestine, and is making up some new conflicts as well

wow, this is insightful poo poo matty, so you're saying the geolocation of the events and the actors involved, and what vested global interests are tethered to them may have some sort of bearing on how prominently those events are portrayed in media and what level of emotion they inspire in the global consciousness? hang on, i'm trying to get all this good assed poo poo down in the old memory trough, holy gently caress