Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

in the Ghibli movie the cat returns it seemed like a mistake, to me, to not just stay in the cat realm lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Im just gonna say to any fae reading this thread and thinking of me favorably- if i could be happy in your world for the love of God please take me there NOW i hate this loving planet and i hate those who rule it get me out!!!!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am going to build a big gate between worlds and open it. All the beasties and faefolk and unpacked Dead (please unpack the Dead) may use this gate to come through and reclaim this world for their own purposes. I anticipate gate completion in about checks spreadsheets twenty one days

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The dead rended my flesh and ate my brains and did I stop unpacking them? No, I said thank you for your service

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

OldAlias posted:

seems like a good deal if you want to live among the fae lol

This is how you end up being the midwife for a troll.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

new big foot sighting in Colorado

https://twitter.com/metastudiologic/status/1711932890391654435

someone ask the peanutties if that's one of their buds

Just a dude in a ghillie suit trying to take a secret poo poo while unbeknownst to them some creep with a telephoto lens is making a video of it.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Riot Bimbo posted:

Im just gonna say to any fae reading this thread and thinking of me favorably- if i could be happy in your world for the love of God please take me there NOW i hate this loving planet and i hate those who rule it get me out!!!!

in todays economy u can probably get a fae doordash driver and become entombed within the fae realm by technicality

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

my favorite gelato

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Riot Bimbo posted:

Be patient, you will get there eventually. They live on the same planet as us. If you still have good memories of yourself from your time here, cling to them and cherish them and they will guide you back home.

Also the faery loves it when you leave something for them outside of your house at night. A slice of bread on the windowsill is a very simple way to tell them "thank you for everything you gave us today"

Do it and they will bless you in return. We took too much for too long without giving in return, it's time to correct that mistake

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hating the world will bind you to it. like how Morgoth was bound to Arda

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Ideally for everything we take or receive, we should give half of it back to those who need it or ask for it. If we can achieve this together, then this place will heal.

Food, money, love, we should always give back at least half of what we receive. This is the way (to the garden of Eden). And don't worry too much about the greedy ones, they will be taken care of eventually. There are powers far greater than us and they will make sure the balance is restored. In due time.

e: I know my words may seem naive, but I think I've always been truthful and honest itt, so I'll share about the miracle I witnessed quite recently. I once offered LCD tablets for doodling to my children, and a few days ago my 5 years old daughter started showing me Latin words she was drawing. I know latin from school and so, via the tablets, I started a dialog with "something" through my daughter and the tablet. This dialog revolved around the fact the dead are sad we forget them, and that we are too selfish with our exploitation of the Earth.

There was more to that but it's all you need to know for the moment. They are sad and feel like we starve them by not paying them enough homage (could be simply a prayer before eating to thank the earth for the food, or the animals for their meat)

I'm just the messenger I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just take this info if it resonates with you. Or ignore it if you think it's silly. We have free will.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 22:18 on Oct 11, 2023

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

euphronius posted:

hating the world will bind you to it. like how Morgoth was bound to Arda

:hai:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Do not trust the fey blindly, some will take advantage of you

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i dont have time to forget the dead when im so busy envying them

Carp
May 29, 2002

What's it all for? Information? If we are all part of a larger whole, why the individual experience? A large multi-headed information filter? Is it self-hate to be unsatisfied with the limited perspective of the individual?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ozzie's friendship with millet has ended, now stale pita bread is his best friend

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Carp posted:

What's it all for? Information? If we are all part of a larger whole, why the individual experience? A large multi-headed information filter? Is it self-hate to be unsatisfied with the limited perspective of the individual?

My tentative conclusion is that the human (and alien? And animal?) body and mind are like an operating system for some overarching universal soul to interface with the material for reason that are way beyond me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

As I understand it if you have limited perception and awareness you can have novel experiences that aren't possible with omniscience

Said experiences could be getting a rimjob from radar or they could be getting genocided by the zorblaxians, it's all the same ultimately

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh no we're Second Life for the pleroma

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have been having an awful lot of thoughts about the two polarities of my religious life being extremely modern Christianity and extremely ancient Kemetism and how hosed up it feels like it has made me and then I opened up the forums to look at UFO posts, saw Anpu's name, made a post as a special joke for myself, and then you posted that link in response. I have not gotten very far into your Wikimancy-ed article, on account of the sentence I quoted above almost immediately triggering an avalanche of emotion, but it was emotion I needed to feel and feel better for having cried out.

Truly, every struggle had been experienced by someone already before us, lol.
I am going to give you a leg up on the whole "religion argument" in the UFO thread of all places, naturally: all religions (just like art and media) hold grains of divine truths and shape existence, so long as the beliefs in their lessons are strong enough to influence the realities of individuals. Ontologically, one's personal interpretation is always gonna be key in experiencing faith, but there's nothing quite so straightforward in a framework for ethics in theology as the golden rule :h::hf::h:

The non-fiction biography "The Right Stuff" by Tom Wolf is written about the pilots in the US's earliest rocketship-testing programs who were 90% crazy romantic drunks and poets who were all replaced with corn-fed christian patriots within the decade as the only candidates considered for space travel by the US military. This situation created a very literal example of how - potentially - the staunch belief in Mormonism could actually result in a lot of populated planets like their beliefs suggest, someday, but... :shrug: who knows? (or cares overmuch about the straight-edgedness of mormons? gimme that caff-! :sludgepal:)
I'd love to recommend you to "Old Gods" from Terry Pratchett's silly Discworld series (Small Gods is a standalone entry), if you want to laugh at the absurd whimsy of it all, to have things exist and gain power from the thoughts mortals spend on them...

That said, do you REALLY want to talk to Anubis - that dog-headed humanoid god from the Egyptian artworks? I would plainly advise relegating most experimental contact to dreamstuff and meditations for now, cuz,.. I might have done a silly thing while having an unprecedented psychonautical adventure earlier this year, about a week after that car accident I'd mentioned being in upthread... Caution: :words:

Long story attempting shortness: I had a disconcerting week-long dissociative experience this year in the aftermath of my car accident, that - at the time - felt like I was undergoing a capital-P Possession of my brain by partially-known entities, who thankfully took up only a single hemisphere of my brain at a time. I felt like I was hosting spirits of people from my past I'd lost contact with over the years, and while talking to these spiritual visitors inside my thoughts, their voices would sometimes come out through my lips with uncomfortable accuracy like I'd temporarily gained training as a vocal impressionist. I was physically uncoordinated as hell too as the multiple personalities I was hosting would squabble over how to pilot my body in tandem whenever I needed to get up and move about my apartment. I was awash in outside thoughts and criticisms and often listening to music too, so that sometimes I felt like a drone worker bee attending to signals being scraped from the noisiest airwaves. This mental peanut gallery had its ups and downs, but the most stressful feeling was the uncomfortable worry I'd had that I could be unwittingly trapping old friends' ghosts in my head until I could find a way to let them out.

A lot of other disconcerting and unsettling mental processes occurred during this chaotic psychedelic debacle of mine: often I felt like I had to solve mental logic puzzles or answer personal trivia questions or else confirm something only one other person I knew might remember, all while subtle or else external powers scanned my brain's electrical activity as thoughts bounced between hemispheres. Every human emotion I could feel was also explored at varying intensities during this week, straining whatever acting talents I might have retained from high school theater beyond a breaking point until it was clear I wasn't the performer. Part of what helped me repair my inner eyes' busted hinges during all this was asking the more trustworthy presences to aid me in setting up mutes-, blocks-, and ban-lists for myself against any unwanted psychic attacks, as well as plenty of 2-factor auth. passkeys for protecting and connecting friendlies, since apparently I can't escape internet security bs even while tripping my face off, SMDH. :cripes:

More important to this whole convo's topic, though: one of the weirdest things I achieved during the peak day hours of this week-long ordeal of rapidly-shifting schizoid delusions (it felt like I was clicking thru 'channels' on the autism spectrum at times) was a brief period where I felt 100% convinced I was making astral contact with the Annunaki. :siren:

(Meowth!) That's right: at some point I stopped trying to help my mental ghosts find peace with each other or whatever other psychoactive experiences I was having and I became fixated instead on turning in my seat to face the window and to focus on a distant point in the empty blue sky so I could project my busted-open channeler beams into the proper directions into space, so that I/we could have a brief chat with a spiritual representative of the Dog-God homeworld. I felt their proverbial eye of sauron on me: a cold-burning curiosity peered inside me and cast feelers through me as the alien contact persisted. I felt a very telling hint of just how much murder a planet of humanoids with canine jaws should be capable of, and just a glimmer of deific amusement. Dog-people, or Gods? ...Was there any compatibility with terran species, historically or otherwise?

It's silly, I know, :shobon: but at the time I was entirely convinced that an Annunaki mystic was doing me a solid in contacting me at this moment because I was in the midst of an absurd inner-eye-opening event and far outside my mortal ken from all the meta-needles I was trying to thread through my personal concept of spacetime to create the escape rope to Heaven I needed for my visitors, and that somehow at some point I must've mentally hit a Print/Send order on the astral equivalent of a HELLO WORLD numbers station that was broadcasting nonsense into the ethereal realms, and I needed to work out how to keep it from being annoying as heck to the astral community. Psychic Singularities, man~ :420::okpos::rolleye::lsd::dbuddy:

Anyway, I might have sent the Annunaki a message from Earth, (expressed via mental translator-entity): "Tell them: we are gonna gently caress 'em up (makes ascending spiral gesture with two fingers, grinning with bared teeth)."

Now, this is the part where it gets twisted up most: the double entendre I'd uttered there was (unfortunately) intended, to force a spectrum of friction between the interpretations of the message as it was intercepted and possibly disseminated by others. Subtle nuance in such ostensibly-private communiqués is not usually easy to express contextually in these moments of psychic xeno-contact, but lemme tell you after a little bluster, fluster, and outrage from the translator explaining the most-likely meanings for the English slang word "gently caress" in this context, the Annunaki presence "got it", and determined that humanity was worth a watch. :q:

See, SOME think that Humanity should want revenge on the Annunaki for the legends of how they ditched us non-telepathic humans on Earth to harvest raw gold until it became this capitalist hellscape we are currently trying to overcome, and that me telling our so-called progenitor beings that we were gonna "gently caress 'em up (spins finger, pokes upward)" constitutes a threat to galactic powers that could easily hurl an extinction-tier asteroid at Earth, BUT: they don't feel that way! They want to meet us, maybe kill a bunch of us in glorious melee combat, maybe try some genetic therapies on us to help us with psychic development, assuming we can find the way(s) to reach them...

I had been contacted due to my astral broadcast desperately seeking love and connectivity from the cosmos, but when I was challenged with planetary annihilation from afar I summoned my earnest desire to protect our planet Earth above all else, and the challenger was given a glimpse of the fury that a trillion avenging mothers could unleash, even from the afterlife. Apparently, that escape rope plan to heaven had actually worked - and in the nick of time too, so thanks, ladies! :kiddo:

The feeling of mental contact from very far away ended, and I was left with the bizarre sensation that I'd pulled off a magic trick good enough to stay the hand of a god considering the ant.

The thing is: mankind exists to this day, despite the incredible odds this unfair existence has currently stacked up against us. But:
We have the immense power of love guiding us towards enlightenment, and we exist to create stories with our lives, tales told with the express intent of overcoming the cruelties of the unfeeling voids we find in life. Our planet also contains so many love-filled animals including mammals and birds - and that rules, yo - and I refuse to let anything eliminate Earth's biodiversity from the universe outright.
Additionally, dogs are known as mankind's best friend, and those dog-faced folk with the god-like powers? You better believe that they'll make good boys and girls :cosmic2day::woof:

TLDR: I had a weeklong mental trip this year (uncomfortable!) and waved at the Annunaki, but I got better.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

e: I know my words may seem naive, but I think I've always been truthful and honest itt, so I'll share about the miracle I witnessed quite recently. I once offered LCD tablets for doodling to my children, and a few days ago my 5 years old daughter started showing me Latin words she was drawing. I know latin from school and so, via the tablets, I started a dialog with "something" through my daughter and the tablet. This dialog revolved around the fact the dead are sad we forget them, and that we are too selfish with our exploitation of the Earth.

There was more to that but it's all you need to know for the moment. They are sad and feel like we starve them by not paying them enough homage (could be simply a prayer before eating to thank the earth for the food, or the animals for their meat)

I'm just the messenger I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just take this info if it resonates with you. Or ignore it if you think it's silly. We have free will.

Our relationship with death and the Dead is something that has been figuring heavily in my Mysteries the last few years. Can I suggest you look up the Egyptian concept of our "ka"? The popular understanding of it is often "the eternal soul" but it's actually more like a part of you that remains after death but must be nourished by offerings from the living. It has to be fed to survive. Religion in ancient Egypt changed a lot over the thousands of years but the idea of a person's ka requiring offerings after death -- and, moreover, that it was not a sporadic privilege for the living to feed the ka of the deceased but rather their faithful duty -- was one of the items that remained central. I feel as though it might be a puzzle piece for you :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lux Anima posted:

That said, do you REALLY want to talk to Anubis - that dog-headed humanoid god from the Egyptian artworks? I would plainly advise relegating most experimental contact to dreamstuff and meditations for now, cuz,..

Thank you for your story, friend :) I actually joined the House of Netjer / Kemetic Orthodoxy Church when I was fifteen. I did not stay very long but I did stay long enough for the High Priestess to divine my personal "Names," or Gods. My Father was divined as Anubis (Whom I know better as Anpu). This was part of why it was pertinent to me that I was sad about my (human) dad and then opened this thread to see the name of my (Dog) Dad, thanks again sharknado :) I talk to Anpu/my Dad a lot, and have for twenty years, so I am not all that worried about contacting Him. (this was part of what made my post about it funny to me.) I assume that despite me admitting this explicitly nobody here is going to have a problem with me regularly talking to Anubis, because when Abrahamic religions converse with their Father it is referred to as praying.

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 02:54 on Oct 12, 2023

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Do not trust the fey blindly, some will take advantage of you

like worse than the current system does or?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ozzie's friendship with millet has ended, now stale pita bread is his best friend

I need to triple post because I love this post and can't not acknowledge this post but my joy for it is so tonally different from both my other posts

fake edit

Sleekly posted:

:cheersbird:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sleekly posted:

also yeah, like, don't trust anyone blindly, ask just about anyone here how they know

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i have hubris-powered defenses and i honestly do not believe that the dead or the fae or the gods themselves could overcome them

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sasquatch ain't fae, that's horseshit. the fae are a bunch of delusions of morons that're always trying to bamboozle people whereas sasquatch is a cool guy who happens to smell real bad but is just out there doing his best, get real!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Hatebag posted:

sasquatch is a cool guy who happens to smell real bad but is just out there doing his best

so you're saying im a sasquatch when i go on a long hike

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

has anyone called you a "skunk ape"?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

scuncape sounds like a british seaside village name

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

o'im gen down to scuncape on 'olliday ta catch cockerels!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mediaphage posted:

so you're saying im a sasquatch when i go on a long hike

Dammit I was going to make a "me at the gym" joke

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mod Sasquatch

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

everyone is identifying so much w the squatchscription but i saw this

Hatebag posted:

the fae are a bunch of delusions of morons that're always trying to bamboozle people

and actually said aloud “same, op”

Carp
May 29, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

My tentative conclusion is that the human (and alien? And animal?) body and mind are like an operating system for some overarching universal soul to interface with the material for reason that are way beyond me.

Perhaps there is no intention. What would that mean? Do you think most people have a loop of simple existential questions running in their heads, splitting and spreading throughout the edges of their more mundane thoughts, cycling over and over? Do you have that, sharknado? Like a morphing tape loop.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Hatebag posted:

has anyone called you a "skunk ape"?

not since i stopped rolling and switched to vaping

would

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hatebag posted:

sasquatch ain't fae, that's horseshit. the fae are a bunch of delusions of morons that're always trying to bamboozle people whereas sasquatch is a cool guy who happens to smell real bad but is just out there doing his best, get real!

loves our bread jerkey

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Carp posted:

Perhaps there is no intention. What would that mean? Do you think most people have a loop of simple existential questions running in their heads, splitting and spreading throughout the edges of their more mundane thoughts, cycling over and over? Do you have that, sharknado? Like a morphing tape loop.

Personally I don't, but I can't speak for anyone else of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carp
May 29, 2002

Lux Anima posted:

TLDR: I had a weeklong mental trip this year (uncomfortable!) and waved at the Annunaki, but I got better.

That was enjoyable to read and a tangled ball to relate to. Do your word choices come from a dense reading vocabulary, or professional experience?