Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Palestinians for TRUMP!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

smarxist posted:

and then there's THIS rear end in a top hat...

palestinians are bad if they stay in palestine but also bad if they are allowed to leave :thunk:

I feel like I'm going crazy because the discourse is full of completely deranged exterminationist rhetoric

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

PostNouveau posted:

Is Al-Saqr free yet?

Al-Saqr? I barely knew her!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Echo Chamber posted:

maybe im projecting, but i definitely feel like this propaganda is less about swaying people and more about scaring anyone into voicing an alternative narrative.

US public opinion for israel has been less confident than was 20 years ago.
i think that's fair, although i don't think there's a choice in the outcome, propaganda leads to either one one way or another. outside of D&D/GBS/reddit/twitter/whatever, i think most people are either lukewarm or keep their heads down in antagonism against mainstream narrative

like no one at work (and i work with thousands of people) were like "oh man can you believe those terrorists killed all those people at the peace rave and beheading 40 babies?? hell yeah go JOE nuke the bastards!", despite being 24/7 coverage on NPR/cnn/etc. there was way more talk about russia bad when that was kicking off with even less media coverage. i think years of israel being pretty obvious bad imperialist guys with extremely deep pocket lobby has rubbed off a little bit here in california

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Echo Chamber posted:

maybe im projecting, but i definitely feel like this propaganda is less about swaying people and more about scaring anyone into voicing an alternative narrative.

US public opinion for israel has been less confident than was 20 years ago.

Carrot no longer effective, employing lash.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There’s nothing to be gained by posting about this on social media or talking about it with people who you’re not very close to, assuming at least that you’re in the USA, because you will not open eyes and you will not change opinions, this is overwhelmingly being messaged in a way that it’s best just to keep your head down, idk if I thought it would come to some good to speak up I’d say differently, but there is no benefit and only problems sorry

One thing I have noticed is nobody is even talking about this offline. I have not heard a snip of conversation even from people I hear occasionally talk about Ukraine, idk, nobody seems to want to talk about it anyway and honestly I’d oblige

Yeah, my approach is that I'll never lie about my views, but I also won't volunteer them.

A few years ago some coworker was talking up how good Musk was in the context of addressing global warming (this is while he was still popular with liberals) and I basically was just like "nah, electric cars aren't going to make a difference."

The key is to take the sort of tone where the other person will come off as weird and unhinged if they argue with you.

(Of course, this only applies if you care about not alienating your coworkers - if you don't then go wild - you're probably more admirable for it)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

gently caress I knew Trump would come out in support of Hamas I should've called it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Kahlissee/status/1712279548266459288

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Buck Wildman posted:

lol he really is the best we've had in decades

easily, no contest... take a sec to think about how godawful n cruel your country has to be that a self absorbed narcissist that will gladly gently caress over anyone fo rhis own personal gain is, unironally, a net positive.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1712263842678321359

quote:

Akela Lacy, Prem Thakker, Ryan Grim
October 11 2023, 5:46 p.m.
IN A HEATED exchange during a closed-door Democratic caucus meeting on Wednesday, Rep. Josh Gottheimer, D-N.J., allegedly made an off-color remark to another member during a broader discussion on Muslim clerics attending Jewish events that “stunned” his colleagues, according to three sources with knowledge of the meeting.

The latest dustup speaks to a growing rift between Democrats on Israel and Palestine and the party’s long-standing reluctance to criticize human rights abuses by the Israeli government.

According to two Democrats familiar with the meeting, Gottheimer got into tense arguments with several of his colleagues.

In Wednesday’s caucus meeting, according to two sources, a member discussed wanting both Jewish and Muslim constituents to feel comfortable attending events to support each other, and that they had heard Muslim clerics did not attend a vigil on Tuesday night in their district.

Sitting in the back of the room and speaking to another attendee, Gottheimer made a remark. Some present thought he was responding to comments from the front of the room and saying Muslim clerics felt guilty. Gottheimer’s comment left many in the room stunned, according to a member in the room.

According to two sources with knowledge of the meeting, Gottheimer was heard saying, “It’s because they’re guilty.” A Democrat in the room said that, after making his remark, Gottheimer could be seen having an animated discussion about it with Rep. Greg Casar, D-Texas.

“Despite an anti-Israel fueled smear campaign, Congressman Gottheimer never said anything about Muslims in today’s caucus meeting, a community he cares deeply about,” said Gottheimer’s spokesperson Chris D’Aloia. “Congressman Gottheimer said that the Members of Congress who have not yet condemned Hamas terrorists should feel guilty.”

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Honky Mao posted:

gently caress I knew Trump would come out in support of Hamas I should've called it

lol no he's saying Israel hasn't been brutal enough

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

I think Ja addressed people like LeBron weighing in the best.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/11/ja-rule-drake-dj-khaled-dj-vlad-israel-hamas/

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I watched BlackkKlansman yesterday. It's a good movie and it's profoundly sad how little some things change, but what really stuck in me was that the screed in the opening scene was almost the exact same rhetoric that I'd seen published over the past few days on mainstream news. I think if you find yourself unironically quoting a Grand Wizard, it's time to do some self-examination.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i also refer to stories about babies being brutally murdered as icing on the cake, as a regular human whose brain is normal

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Voice of Labor posted:

even the dumbest of zionist clucks have come to realize that you can't settle or trade with or otherwise exploit anything that's been nuked

that’s why it’s named the Samson option - Israel “pulls down” the “pillars of the world” with it when it “dies”

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

they do this every war

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie posted:

easily, no contest... take a sec to think about how godawful n cruel your country has to be that a self absorbed narcissist that will gladly gently caress over anyone fo rhis own personal gain is, unironally, a net positive.

Clinton is 100 years old and actively using his image/legacy to do evil to this day

Trump is just hollering crazy bullshit every day, breaking kayfabe and getting indicted for ten thousand crimes, it's a loving carnival

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah watch out out there

I told some rear end in a top hat israeli on reddit that israel is an apartheid state and he threatened to find and tell my employer lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lol no he's saying Israel hasn't been brutal enough

none of that matters lmao, they're going to be rushing breathless copy to press as we speak about trump's anti-israel remarks rofl

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

smarxist posted:

Clinton is 100 years old and actively using his image/legacy to do evil to this day

Trump is just hollering crazy bullshit every day, breaking kayfabe and getting indicted for ten thousand crimes, it's a loving carnival

if he just skipped the presidency thing and became a social media influencer he'd be like the second coming of norton

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

that’s why it’s named the Samson option - Israel “pulls down” the “pillars of the world” with it when it “dies”

capital is real, yahweh is not

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

World War Mammories posted:

I told some rear end in a top hat israeli on reddit that israel is an apartheid state and he threatened to find and tell my employer lol

there is absolutely some kind of system on reddit that pings their defense forces whenever the word israel is mentioned

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Language truly is a thing to behold:
"i never really thought that i would see, and have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children."

Technically not a lie! He never thought he would, and he never has. Thanks Mr. President for assuaging us of that terrible hypothetical.

Dutch state media then reports this as "Pres Biden said he saw the evidence" and they can later walk that back claiming they misunderstood Biden or whatever.

Just compounding lies.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

do people really not understand this clip or what

he's saying the Hamas incursions got through because Bibi is not enough of a brutal fascist

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

The West only speaks in DARVO so them saying babies are being thrown around is a reference to when their troops did that in Vietnam or Korea.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

loving lol. lucid af. you know no one's feeding him that poo poo either, that's all him.

Vox Nihili posted:

he's saying the Hamas incursions got through because Bibi is not enough of a brutal fascist

no, he's referring to bibi knowing in advance what was going to happen

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Starsfan posted:

at this risk of being painted as a rube I know it looks bad with the way that the messaging is going in the public sphere (of course you had to expect this out of the US) but let us be clear if these loving "enlightened" western countries we would hope would know better like Canada or the UK or Germany were opposed to bombing Gaza they couldn't / wouldn't do poo poo about it anyways. It's much more important how the local regional powers view what is going on and countries with actual power to influence events like China and Russia. It's not clear to me that there won't be huge pushback against Israel coming down the pipe as they push forward with their genocide. We aren't really getting anything about what's going on behind the scenes to support Palestine beyond reports about Hezbollah + friends being willing to throw down if Israel actually moves forward into Gaza and phone calls between MBS and Erdogan.

The EU could kick Israel off SWIFT if it wanted to. There's plenty of things these countries could do, but they won't because they are all imperialist scum.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

don't you know Trump is the only anti war president

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Al! posted:

none of that matters lmao, they're going to be rushing breathless copy to press as we speak about trump's anti-israel remarks rofl

I feel like Trump has said /done stuff like that before or even more inflammatory to the point of being clearly antisemitic and they've given him a free pass.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

welcome to the resistance, Donald Trump.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

watch trump stop a war

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't click on Twitter videos I just look at the headline

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Trump is a chaos elemental.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

yea

he's calling him a stupid pussy, and implying he got owned for being weak and can't get his poo poo together

and he's doing it because bibi took a tiny lick of credit for solemaini, its a pathetic petty grudge with a lovely terrible person

it's all pretty funny op

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

hamas should rebrand to trumpmas and then they'll have the full support of the united states when trump is president again

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

smoobles posted:

watch trump stop a war

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Starsfan posted:

I feel like Trump has said /done stuff like that before or even more inflammatory to the point of being clearly antisemitic and they've given him a free pass.

https://twitter.com/LeviYonit/status/1471821911827091459?s=20

This was one of the more famous examples

Note that his issue with American Jews is they don't support Israel enough :thunk:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Hatebag posted:

hamas should rebrand to trumpmas and then they'll have the full support of the united states when trump is president again

Does Hamas have an orb he can touch?

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
:freep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vox Nihili posted:

tds recognize tds, its really funny and petty and he criticized israel at the funniest time to do so