Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shine get his rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MotU posted:

Just let people murder each other with posts, mods posting “it’s ok to have opinions” every time anything negative comes up has strong “do you give up” ref energy

ASK HIM

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

People getting really worked up over wrestling opinions is a bit alien to me, especially since it's about mostly innocuous, subjective stuff. If I see a post that, in a vacuum, I would consider egregious I think one of two things. Either "lol, you scamp, good bait" or "wow, that person sure doesn't like things the way i do!" and then I forget about it 15 seconds later. If you read this place for long enough you get a feel for who's who and who posts in what way.

Would it be better if we didn't need Wrestling Posting Literacy and everyone was earnest 100% of the time? Maybe we'd less arguments, sure, but it would be a lot less funny. Posting is a form of entertainment, I'm here to have fun by either posting and or reading jokes. If the goal of this place is to reach the Harmonious Wrestling Consensus Where Everyone Politely Agrees, it would be a lot less interesting.

I don't care if you agree with me or not about the current state of MJF's title run or if Emi Sakura was the victim of a targetted harassment campaign by Tony Khan, just have fun posting.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If I might make a suggestion. We shouldn't call each other names. I didn't like being called psychopath the other day it bothered me. I imagine I'm not the only one who gets bothered by being called names.

For my part I'm not going to call anyone names either. Be the change you want to be and all that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I also like and advocate for Shard's suggestion in a prior thread of not being afraid to use the Ignore button. It's there for a (good) reason. If you feel it's not extremely effective, I'd also recommend use of the True Ignore extension if you're not on mobile

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

If I might make a suggestion. We shouldn't call each other names. I didn't like being called psychopath the other day it bothered me. I imagine I'm not the only one who gets bothered by being called names.

For my part I'm not going to call anyone names either. Be the change you want to be and all that.

Yeah, that poo poo shouldn't fly.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Shard posted:

if it's any consolation you are probably one of the least psycho posters here.

Wrestling is fake, no need to throw real insults at other people over it. Some banter is cool and all, I like calling people jabroni marks for fun, but it's pretty obvious when people can't handle someone else liking something or not liking something which apparently has profound impact on their own enjoyment of things.

The thing with wrestling is that from a fan discussion pov it has incredibly low stakes. It's a fun thing. It's very diverse too. Of course, there will be parts of it that resonate more with some than others, some might feel strongly about a thing. But there literally are no stakes attached and no reason to let it out on someone else who has another opinion on irl action figures crashing into each other.

Anyway, I'm now back to barely posting in PSP until I wanna watch some PPV with goons in the game day thread again, peace!

E: Maybe I'll watch Collision? I dunno, we'll see. Enjoying wrestling can be hard as a European fan sometimes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Shard posted:

There's a subset of users on this website who immediately call anyone who disagrees with them a brokebrained idiot, smoothbrain, psychopath etc. It's really lovely and makes the forums super hostile

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah the psychopath comment was the most over the line comment I've seen on here in a whiiiiiiiile

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah well maybe Shard should have thought about that before they had the audacity to make a post that was mildly critical of someone’s number one favourite guy in the whole wild world.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll try not to fly off the handle like that again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah well maybe Shard should have thought about that before they had the audacity to make a post that was mildly critical of someone’s number one favourite guy in the whole wild world.

Ehhhh, they were both garbage. Misreading a post on Reddit and coming here to complain about Punk being mean to his favorite boy is a useless post that just makes people mad but the reaction was also useless dumb poo poo. A whole lot of "shut up and just keep scrolling"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also I think this should be a safe place for people to flip out about their favorite wrestler because there are multiple posters who are great and could never operate under those rules. Can we at least make an exception that criticizing Moxley will get you rightfully destroyed?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also I think this should be a safe place for people to flip out about their favorite wrestler because there are multiple posters who are great and could never operate under those rules. Can we at least make an exception that criticizing Moxley will get you rightfully destroyed?

Same but for Eddie Kingston instead of Jon Moxley. But perhaps we can just agree that those two are untouchable boys.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

People should probably just stop taking posts they don’t like as super serious personal attacks that demand retribution.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The frequency with which shitposting crosses into posting about posters and getting into namecalling and deciding who is or isn't a weirdo/freak/psychopath etc. is, for the record, why

MotU posted:

Just let people murder each other with posts, mods posting “it’s ok to have opinions” every time anything negative comes up has strong “do you give up” ref energy

we keep doing this. It's not that the concept isn't self-evident, it's to ask people to quit being dicks. It sucks. It should not have to suck. You have the power to make it not suck.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

make me IK of the wwe thread

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
when i was a kid if someone called you a psychopath/weirdo/freak you just said “yeah? watch this” and backflipped into a garbage can absolutely destroying yourself. you got respect from the people who mattered and those that didn’t knew to stay away. lean into it, become ungovernable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CarlCX posted:

The frequency with which shitposting crosses into posting about posters and getting into namecalling and deciding who is or isn't a weirdo/freak/psychopath etc. is, for the record, why

we keep doing this. It's not that the concept isn't self-evident, it's to ask people to quit being dicks. It sucks. It should not have to suck. You have the power to make it not suck.
you have the power to make it not sick by violently and unilaterally pwning anyone who makes a bad post. if you take a harsher stance on it modwise people will stop doing it. you have buttons, use them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

now y'see folks, the mods not using their buttons when someone breaks the rules, exposes the business

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
No, we need to talk to people like adults to solve the problem where talking to people like adults is done in the same tone as scolding a puppy after they pissed on the carpet

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Scolding a puppy doesn’t do anything you just have to put them outside where they can’t pee on your furnishings until they learn to knock it off.

When you think about it that’s basically what probation is. Makes u think.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I was obviously being tongue in cheek but I'm serious about the "multiple posters who are great and also couldn't follow those rules". We're all a bunch of adult nerds who have been posting about wrestling in the same place forever, some of us 10+ years together. No one is going to become nicer or change behavior, especially not when people who are obsessed about specific wrestlers are the glue of this place.

We're a bunch of little psychopaths, treat us accordingly

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Especially me

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
As a very casual fan, it's this sort of silliness that puts me off following current wrestling. I just don't have the strength for it, and I don't think I've ever followed wrestling to such a required degree anyway. I can absolutely believe that this board is better than the main alternatives - Reddit, Twitter, etc - but my personal position is that I just want to watch an athletic panto show with some occasional behind-the-scenes gossip. I think this is why I prefer to watch old shows.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dont worry mods reading this. idk what my friends are asking for either. better vibes i guess, just better vibes. also mjeff, got no beef myself, but anytime someone in this thread is like "i think it would be really cool if X" and i do a forum search you're always the one doing X so like, chill out my friend, please sign the better vibes pledge.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That DICK! posted:

dont worry mods reading this. idk what my friends are asking for either. better vibes i guess, just better vibes.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Rename the forum the great jase space again

The latest news is too funny

Edit: no rename the Chris regal thread because we got one of our own now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

True gamers have a competitive KDR even after death.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

What happen

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What happen

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i love this website!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005