Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They remembered their anniversary website exists and added some stuff to it. Slow news day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQac6DjgI4

Monkeys paw curled. ED6 in english, but in 2024, with terrible VO and Playstation only.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
I'm hoping it's just console exclusive to Playstation and the PC version will also come out then.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Not like this.

Not like this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is this not just an Asian English release? Not sure Clouded Leopard even publishes console stuff in the west.
We'll probably get a dedicated release sometime soon....

Probably....

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah Clouded Leopard doesn't typically publish games in the west unless that's somehow recently changed, they're a Japan based publisher that usually handle Chinese and Korean versions of games, mostly Falcom games but sometimes Kadokawa and other games too. So I think this is just an announcement of an Asia English version.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

FrickenMoron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQac6DjgI4

Monkeys paw curled. ED6 in english, but in 2024, with terrible VO and Playstation only.

no

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They sure are taking their time with releasing it overseas.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I'm thinking positive thoughts and believing that EDF6 is released on Steam next summer just in time for my vacation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i choose to believe that all of this time has been spent eking out every miniscule bit of pc performance so there can be more bugs on screen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sure there'll be plenty of bugs in the PC version

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i choose to believe that all of this time has been spent eking out every miniscule bit of ants so there can be more slowdown on screen.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If my framerate isn’t dropping to single digits at random times during the map it’s not a real EDF drat it!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://x.com/EDF_OFFICIAL_EN/status/1712469069520335085?s=20

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7khSg7y7KM

Trailer

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

About time. Hopefully it’s roughly the same time for PC and PlayStation. This way I can just buy it once on PC, instead of initially on PS, then again on PC a year later.

/edit:

No date yet, but there is a steam page.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2291060/EARTH_DEFENSE_FORCE/

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EDF EDF EDF!!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tristesse posted:

EDF EDF EDF!!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Oh thank god i wont have to import the asian english version lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tristesse posted:

EDF EDF EDF!!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Tristesse posted:

EDF EDF EDF!!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

they look just like humans...

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I want to eat barbecued meat now

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Glorious.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bloodplay it again posted:

I want to eat barbecued meat now

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

i choose to believe that all of this time has been spent eking out every miniscule bit of pc performance so there can be more bugs on screen.

Sure there'll be plenty of bugs in the PC version

The duality of men

Orvin posted:

About time. Hopefully it’s roughly the same time for PC and PlayStation. This way I can just buy it once on PC, instead of initially on PS, then again on PC a year later.

/edit:

No date yet, but there is a steam page.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2291060/EARTH_DEFENSE_FORCE/

I just added it to my wishlist so the algorithm graciously unblinking eye show the game to more people

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005
The alphabet has 26 letters but I only need three of them!

E! D! F!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Austin S posted:

The alphabet has 26 letters but I only need three of them!

E! D! F!

"Have you considered changing your name?"
"Don't be ridiculous."

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Nice. I think I will legit take a couple days off work when this comes out.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Tristesse posted:

EDF EDF EDF!!

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
I am so ready to shoot some giant insects.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
Saw posts here and was ready for it to just be people wishing for some news - I was not at all ready for an actual pc release date! Amazing news!

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

E! D! F!

Glad to see it come around again every time.

Very interested to see how things play with the extra equipment slots and better traversal, seems like it'll once again be a great time to be a ranger main.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm excited but I also kinda want to know why it took nearly two full years from the JP release to the west getting it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kanos posted:

I'm excited but I also kinda want to know why it took nearly two full years from the JP release to the west getting it.

They're a really small developer, I think they just couldn't start work on it until they finished the DLC, the last of which came out just a few months ago.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
6 still has pickup range boosts, right? after experiencing the joys of a map wide loot gather toggle i don't want to go back to grabbing boxes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

6 still has pickup range boosts, right? after experiencing the joys of a map wide loot gather toggle i don't want to go back to grabbing boxes.
Everyone still has a circle to grab stuff. I will be waiting to immediately download the loot all boxes cheat engine.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
gently caress yeah! Just a few months and we can become EDF soldiers and receive a pension; we won't have to worry about life after retirement! Though I am disappointed by the amount of the death gratuity.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
To save our mother earth from any alien attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back