Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Guy Axlerod posted:

I don't recommend anything that contains NPS surveys on principle.

E: what a page snipe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Volmarias posted:

Just remember, anything less than a 10/10 is used as a reason to fire the employee, so only do this if you actually hope that you can contribute to your contact losing their job.

I mean, a good NPS score is in the range of "bad scores 20% of the time" so if a place is literally firing people every time a bad score was sent they'd be out of business super fast.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Lockback posted:

I mean, a good NPS score is in the range of "bad scores 20% of the time" so if a place is literally firing people every time a bad score was sent they'd be out of business super fast.

I never said they were firing people when it comes in. I'm just saying that it's evidence they'll use later to justify it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
The ones where they ask "how likely would you be to recommend this payroll software to a friend" are just baffling. 0% likely. I've literally never talked about payroll software with any of my friends.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like our internal ones.

"How likely would you recommend our service to friends and family"

We're an ISP. Nobody has a choice. Our sales strategy is a legalized Monopoly. I will recommend our service to somebody who wants TV, Phone, or internet service at their home because the alternatives are non existent.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Amazon customer support literally kept me online 2 hours and transferred me to 4 different representatives all of whom were pretty terrible at communicating and did not solve my problem.

I still rated them 5 stars because gently caress Amazon, I hope they get promoted and then quit for another job and Amazon is stuck with them for like 90 days or whatever the insane notice period is in India now.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Just been told that my role has been frozen and that my income is capped below the amount necessary to compensate for the inflation that's occurred over the last year. It's the same thing as my last job! Happy 2 year work anniversary to me! I haven't received a raise since working retail! It's not like I didn't expect something like this could happen, but I'm beginning to depression spiral over the fact I have to jump jobs, again, to get a raise. I'd think that it's because I've been persistent in asking about raises for myself, and for my coworkers, but the manager I spoke to about it agrees and has discussed the same topic with his other reports.

The job hunt sucks. Explaining around why I've been jumping jobs sucks. I have relative job security in the meantime (probably), but poo poo. I'm going to have to minimum effort it as stealthily as possible until I get out. I should tap into the networking and use the awards I received during my master's. I feel pre-burnt out on the search.

Meanwhile:

I keep clicking the link at the bottom, but they keep asking!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That sucks. But also nobody should be questioning a jump after two years. This is the way of careers now.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

broken pixel posted:

Meanwhile:

I keep clicking the link at the bottom, but they keep asking!

Unlikely to recommend

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

That sucks. But also nobody should be questioning a jump after two years.
yeah 2 year's totally fine.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Deadite posted:

My local transit authority has been having a hard time hiring bus drivers, so sometimes busses are just cancelled without notice. So when combined with RTO this leads to me waiting for a bus that doesn’t come, and then waiting 40 minutes for the next one.

This creates such rage in me that I never experienced when I was exclusively WFH. Good energy to bring into the office.

Do we live in the same city

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Thank ChatGPT for helping me write "this person is worthless and can't even schedule meetings right which is apparently their entire job" in a nice, corporate way for annual peer feedback.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Fun for the day: Because my department has no eligible delegate for my role, everything I have due in November needs to be done in October before I leave, since I'm out of the country for most of November. This includes people's end-of-year performance evaluations, which will now not include a month of their accomplishments (because they won't have happened by the time I leave). Nope, my manager won't take over writing them. Nope, nobody else is allowed to do my other work while I'm gone (even if they wanted to), because our procedures specify that they have to be done by certain types of roles (departmental responsibilities, etc etc. E.G., QA has to approve specific documents, system owner has to do whatever, site manager has to review / oversee contractor X, etc etc) and I'm the only person in my role.

HELL YEAH. I can't wait to see what happens next year when it's time for me to take my (overdue) sabbatical.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 11, 2023

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Just let your reports write up what they theoretically will have accomplished in November, since they're being shorted a month

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Deadite posted:

Just let your reports write up what they theoretically will have accomplished in November, since they're being shorted a month

Honestly, do this. It's not like anyone else is going to look anyway.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Volmarias posted:

Honestly, do this. It's not like anyone else is going to look anyway.

Over the years Sundae's employers have not been known for acting reasonably with respect to logic, fairness, and material reality.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

This just reminded me that I need to do a year end self review by the end of the week except I've only been here three months and my manager didn't set me any goals.

I guess I'll just put "I think I'm doing ok I guess?".

Wait have I posted this before? Maybe I did that when it was the mid year reviews which were inexplicably two months ago....

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Biggest Accomplishment of this year: Successfully completed mid-year review.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Lockback posted:

Biggest Accomplishment of this year: Successfully completed mid-year review.

"Did not yet get fired" might be a good one.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

This just reminded me that I need to do a year end self review by the end of the week except I've only been here three months and my manager didn't set me any goals.

I guess I'll just put "I think I'm doing ok I guess?".

Wait have I posted this before? Maybe I did that when it was the mid year reviews which were inexplicably two months ago....

Goals: don't achieve my goals.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
0/0 goals achieved. NaN isn't allowed so I guess that's 100%.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Achieving negative goals so that the goal counter maxes out

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

"Did not yet get fired" might be a good one.

This is my usual go to. Along with "Haven't hosed up TOO badly".

I had to do self evals at my previous company, which was during high pandemic and my wife was in active treatment for breast cancer at the same time. My self eval was something like "I am continuing to fulfill my daily job functions despite everything". Thankfully I had an incredibly understanding boss.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Oh boy... an all-day team building exercise that features a 1.5 hour block for "Constellation Exercise" and 2 hours for "Enneagrams."

What a shame that it's on the first day I'm out on vacation.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Sundae posted:

Oh boy... an all-day team building exercise that features a 1.5 hour block for "Constellation Exercise" and 2 hours for "Enneagrams."

What a shame that it's on the first day I'm out on vacation.

I feel a violent illness just reading that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

If they give me a free lunch they can pay me to tell me I'm the "Dynamic Performer" all they want.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Lockback posted:

If they give me a free lunch they can pay me to tell me I'm the "Dynamic Performer" all they want.

Some things are not worth a free lunch. May as well follow it up with a day long hard sell for a time share

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Thank ChatGPT for helping me write "this person is worthless and can't even schedule meetings right which is apparently their entire job" in a nice, corporate way for annual peer feedback.
It’s first, last and best use of LLM’s. It’s so good.

We were joking at work than very soon we’ll need LLM’s for both writing and summarizing professional comms, and lol it’s grim.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

MajorBonnet posted:

I feel a violent illness just reading that.

Ooh, yeah you should probably be a team player and take the day off so you don't get everyone at the exercise sick. :hai:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Someone else with my name was hired and now I have to select myself whenever I cc my email on report outs.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Oh good lord. There is a bald, white Swiss guy presenting right now in this meeting, and his intro slide had a giant stock photo of a black woman next to his name.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Remember: It takes a community of WE to achieve the data and digital future. Activate your data citizenship.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Sundae posted:

Remember: It takes a community of WE to achieve the data and digital future. Activate your data citizenship.

This is like the uncanny valley of English. It's just a litttttle bit off, enough to be unsettling.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
robotic monotone I am a data citizen.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
I kinda didn’t give a gently caress about my performance review. A few things I put in:

“I have exceeded all wildest expectations. I have set the bar higher than my predecessors.”

“I have done some stuff and things.”

“I think I’m doing well at this.”

“I got donuts for helping one of our end users, but when he showed up with them I was out that day.”

“I work pretty hard I guess.”

Still got promoted, lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hotel Kpro posted:

“I got donuts for helping one of our end users, but when he showed up with them I was out that day.”

Hemingway couldn't pen a more compact tragedy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Lockback posted:

Onboarding zoom canceled; no reschedule

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 13, 2023

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zarin posted:

robotic monotone I am a data citizen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora_(novel)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Lockback posted:

For Goon
Free Donuts
Never Eaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Volmarias posted:

For Goon
Free Donuts
Never Eaten

:bravo: