Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

new vegas is goated but i dont remember gradenko's first gecko encounter at all

that's just south of prim next to the johnny fiveaces fourball cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

if you like Satisfactory, Paradox is making a satisfactory rip off that might be worth a look: https://store.steampowered.com/app/983870/FOUNDRY/

i love satisfactory and this looks like the gobots versions of minecraft that shot all over early access and were universally somehow worse than minecraft

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

placide's simple

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

EDF loving owns

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I was extremely hosed up one night and decided to download one of the EDF games that was free on PSN at the time and the moment I saw what the gently caress I was fighting against I loving lost my poo poo and couldnt stop playing even though I loving HATE bugs

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

a write-up of a blind first playthrough of New Vegas

Oh hell yeah

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I don't want to spoil the next bit of ambient storytelling and design decision, but I also want to briefly mention it anyways, so Gradenkos don't look:

You can try just walking to New Vegas along the much shorter highway path from Good Springs, but its infested with high level enemies and it doesn't pull punches. Instead you're encouraged to go the long way around along the much safer road which takes you through Legion and NCR territory so you get a proper introduction to all the factions before you get to New Vegas. Its such a great use of map design and soft barriers

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
EDF is the one franchise where I get hyped when the framerate dips into single digits. When you level a city block's worth of skyscrapers and bugs the game turns into a sideshow and it feels so powerful lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

now i wanna play new vegas for like the eighth time. dang it

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Nix Panicus posted:

I don't want to spoil the next bit of ambient storytelling and design decision, but I also want to briefly mention it anyways, so Gradenkos don't look:

You can try just walking to New Vegas along the much shorter highway path from Good Springs, but its infested with high level enemies and it doesn't pull punches. Instead you're encouraged to go the long way around along the much safer road which takes you through Legion and NCR territory so you get a proper introduction to all the factions before you get to New Vegas. Its such a great use of map design and soft barriers

it rules puzzling out a path that gets past the enemies with no combat. new vegas lvl 1 baybeee

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Nix Panicus posted:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

EDF is the one franchise where I get hyped when the framerate dips into single digits. When you level a city block's worth of skyscrapers and bugs the game turns into a sideshow and it feels so powerful lol

when you bring down a gigantic mothership and the fps drops to like 5 as it explodes and crashes over the course of a full 2 minutes… there’s nothing like it in all gaming

I hope they never move off of that jank rear end engine

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

:sickos:

Buddykins posted:

EDF loving owns

It is the best and purest form of gaming.

EDF is "Video Games: The Video Game"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Srice posted:

There's a demo out and it's pretty neat. I was skeptical of how the HD-2D stuff would work for a game like that but it seems pretty good?
yea i think it looks good

and oh man, the personal memories of the era that came flooding back... dont know how i feel

rko
Jul 12, 2017

loquacius posted:

I wanna play an old Dragon Quest but have several other games to get through first so this works fine by me

For what it’s worth, the mobile ports of these are pretty good, based on the old SNES version of the games (annoyingly, without the charming enemy animations). DQ1 & 3 are both pretty relaxing phone games.

On the other hand, Stardew Valley is also available on phones and is probably a better phone game.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Fourth restart of Baldurs Gate 3. Playing a cleric of Selune is very funny when talking to Shadowheart

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm about four hours into a playthrough of Fallout New Vegas

Yeah they very effectively establish the reality of the NCR's effort in the Mojave from the very start. You can also ask some people in Goodsprings about them and they give a very accurate view of the NCR from the perspective of independent communities. New Vegas ftw enjoy the gaming :cheersbird:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Fourth restart of Baldurs Gate 3. Playing a cleric of Selune is very funny when talking to Shadowheart

You should respec to Shar when she does her switch

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loquacius posted:

lol you can't unfortunately that's unique to her

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Divine Intervention is so weak. really, the deity I've sworn an oath to and been a loyal servant of is going to smite my enemies for 8d10? my god is going to do 12 damage on my behalf? wow cool

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

indigi posted:

Divine Intervention is so weak. really, the deity I've sworn an oath to and been a loyal servant of is going to smite my enemies for 8d10? my god is going to do 12 damage on my behalf? wow cool

Ask for the weapon, it's pretty sweet

If you're a degenerate (like me) you can reclass everyone into clerics to get a free fancy bonking stick

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

indigi posted:

you serve the god, not the other way around. they're doing you a favor by doing less damage than a scroll you might find in a trashcan or giving you a few potions

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

RandolphCarter posted:

that’s a good write up. keep us updated on your run gradenko.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

indigi posted:

the weapon is very good, that's what you should go for

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I had spent a lot of time last week getting a bunch of mods working so I could replay fnv and its good to see gradenko doing a blind run at the same time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've started so many games of New Vegas and never finished the game.

I was sad when the Fist of the North Star mod didn't work with my more recent patch of the game. Who wouldn't want to play Kenshiro in the Fallout universe?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

indigi posted:

If you were a true faithful you would simply roll max damage. Your faith is weak so you roll poorly. Simple as.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
they named the second Lords of the Fallen "Lords of the Fallen"

and it releases tomorrow, huh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

are the two L's in Fallen supposed to look like a II like a roman numeral 2 maybe??

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I got the mace and it's good but all the rest of the DI boons stink

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Deck13 is a pretty dopey studio but lets hope they keep learning lessons. Mechanically, Surge 2 was a step up and pretty fun, but it whiffed everything about level design and plot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

Deck13 is a pretty dopey studio but lets hope they keep learning lessons. Mechanically, Surge 2 was a step up and pretty fun, but it whiffed everything about level design and plot

the level design was bad and the plot was nonsensical but i really liked the surge 2's abandoned modern city look

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

loquacius posted:

Lol I wanted to do that from the start but it's not an option?? hosed up

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Lol I wanted to do that from the start but it's not an option?? hosed up

shadowheart only alas

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Gods, smh, I should play Mask of the Betrayer one of these days.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

the level design was bad and the plot was nonsensical but i really liked the surge 2's abandoned modern city look

yeah the overall look was good, as was mechanically the combat and builds were pretty fun

i hope they can eventually learn to make something that's good overall

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Gods, smh, I should play Mask of the Betrayer one of these days.

you should, it's awesome

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one of the things I liked about wotr was the remarkable amount of unique dialogue around what god you followed. one of my favorites is you recalling the best way to cook an aasimar if you worship urgathoa

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm currently playing through bg2 and it's pretty sweet and I'm not sure whether to play NWN1 or jump straight to 2. The whole "only one party member" thing is kinda throwing me off.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've started so many games of New Vegas and never finished the game.

I was sad when the Fist of the North Star mod didn't work with my more recent patch of the game. Who wouldn't want to play Kenshiro in the Fallout universe?

10 strength 10 luck with bloody mess is pretty close to that, though replacing the punching sound effect with yatattatatatatata would be irreplaceable

So, :pressf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm currently playing through bg2 and it's pretty sweet and I'm not sure whether to play NWN1 or jump straight to 2. The whole "only one party member" thing is kinda throwing me off.

they're only loosely connected. nwn1 has some good interconnected story campaigns, hordes of the underdark being a classic. NWN2's main campaign is really long/dull but mask of the betrayer is some of the best writing the setting's ever seen