Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They do make a killing pumping out good mid-budget stuff.

I meant specifically the mid-budget action movie that seems to have been missing from theaters for awhile now. Unless I'm missing a few A24 movies, it doesn't seem as if this niche has been exploited recently.

EDIT: It is a distinct possibility that I've missed a few A24 movies, it seems like they've made far more than I knew about.

Anonymous Zebra fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I meant specifically the mid-budget action movie that seems to have been missing from theaters for awhile now. Unless I'm missing a few A24 movies, it doesn't seem as if this niche has been exploited recently.

DTV action has been flourishing! McDonald's doesn't need to make pizza.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Anonymous Zebra posted:

EDIT: It is a distinct possibility that I've missed a few A24 movies, it seems like they've made far more than I knew about.

I think they still mostly just distribute movies made by Indies, or do co-pros, but I might be out of date there

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
https://x.com/jojo_pdx/status/1712209271620854088?s=20

Well, it was nice while it lasted I guess.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Nooooooooooo!!!! :_{

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

They are directing the Magic 8 Ball film for Mattel.
Lmao
Hacks

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

galagazombie posted:

The Green Knight but Gawain just goes around solving all the films episodic conundrums with wuxia style sword fights instead of psycho-sexual vision quests. He defeats the Green Knight at the end with a sick backflip.

Roger Zelazny is that you?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Zelazny would have cool wuxia sword fights but not at the expense of the psycho-sexual vision quests.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Guns of Avalon would be a killer movie title.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Guns of Avalon would be a killer movie title.

...oh goddamnit that title WAS a Guns of Navarone reference wasn't it? I just now got that :doh:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just think of the good one of his movie adaptations would do the world! The last one saved those Iran hostages!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
A24 presents: 2 hours of some Taylor Swift life thing but half the time she's played by her it bff of the moment

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Pennywise in a Taylor Swift wig?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Taylor Swift in a Pennywise wig :cb:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Pennywise breaking up with Taylor Swift and writing a concept album about it

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

A24 to be bought by Disney in 5 years.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently the Taylor Swift concert film that opens live this weekend is looking at a $100-150 million opening weekend

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/13/taylor-swift-eras-tour-box-office-thursday-preview-ticket-sales.html

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

IShallRiseAgain posted:

A24 to be bought by Disney in 5 years.

Hoorah, well finally get all those direct to video sequels everyone's been claiming for!

The Adderall Diaries IV: The Great Valley Adventure!!!

Green room VII: Invasion of the tiny Tinysauruses!!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently the Taylor Swift concert film that opens live this weekend is looking at a $100-150 million opening weekend

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/13/taylor-swift-eras-tour-box-office-thursday-preview-ticket-sales.html

I like the twist in that movie where 3/4 in it turns out it was tom cruise a mission impossible mask the entire time.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nothing fills me with dread more than the phrase “acquired by a private equity firm”.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Professor Shark posted:

Nothing fills me with dread more than the phrase “acquired by a private equity firm”.

How about, "Indebted area man's organs acquired by a private equity firm"?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Jeffrey of Y Combinator

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its a 10% share not full control so while the private equity firm will do everything they can to force them to do generic 300M dollar capeslop theoretically they can still refuse to do that

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

Its a 10% share not full control so while the private equity firm will do everything they can to force them to do generic 300M dollar capeslop theoretically they can still refuse to do that

Do you have a copy of the contract where you can point to the relevant covenants or lack thereof?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Failed Imagineer posted:

Do you have a copy of the contract where you can point to the relevant covenants or lack thereof?

Err no? I was just guessing at that

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Feldegast42 posted:

Theoretically yes, but the mass tech industry layoffs the last two years at the request of PEFs proves the outsized influence they carry. They don't just threaten their capitol but future investment opportunities as well.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Sharknadoes are out, Monsternadoes are in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXzueNZipE

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

wait is Asylum not involved, gone, or both

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

This looks like someone else, but Asylum is still around and just had a movie with a bunch of megalodons as a mockbuster to Meg 2

Speaking of mockbusters, get your barf bags ready! Because here is Snow White: Conservative Values Edition:

quote:

Conservative media company Daily Wire is making its own live action adaptation of the Brothers Grimm fairytale, Snow White, called Snow White And The Evil Queen.

The film, which is set to release in 2024, will be the first feature-length production for the company’s kids entertainment platform called Bentkey, and will star conservative YouTuber Brett Cooper, host of the platform’s show The Comments Section.

The Daily Wire today revealed a teaser for the movie, which opens with a melody voiced by Cooper and written by Jeremy Boreing and a pan through a forest to reveal Cooper as Snow White.

Announcing the project to staff today, the Daily Wire’s Boreing said: “It’s a story about a princess and a prince, about beauty and vanity, about love and its power to raise us from death to life. It’s our own adaptation of an ancient fairy tale.”

“I was raised on the original Grimms’ Fairy Tales, so I’m thrilled that we’re bringing this iconic story to life for the next generation,” said Cooper. “Snow White is such a beautiful character, and I’m honored to be playing her. Like all the best fairy tales, this is a story with timeless values, like love, friendship, and kindness, and I can’t wait to share them.”

Actress-turned conservative commentator and YouTuber Cooper (Heathers) is also starring in the company’s fantasy series, The Pendragon Cycle.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/daily-wire-snow-white-movie-youtuber-brett-cooper-watch-1235574937/

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wait, the Daily Wire is doing an adaptation of the Pendragon Cycle? As in the “historical” King Arthur novels? Oh no…. I actually really love those books, at least the first three. They’re definitely super Christian but I think the author had enough nuance (at least compared to the Daily Wire’s audience) and genuine reverence for Celtic myth that modern online conservatives would probably denounce them as woke Satanic works. Also the main characters are definitely not women so I really don’t know who she’s going to play as the ‘lead.’

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Bentkey, a name that screams "suitable YouTube channel for kids"

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I guess this is the start of their run through all the public domain stories?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tars Tarkas posted:

This looks like someone else, but Asylum is still around and just had a movie with a bunch of megalodons as a mockbuster to Meg 2

Speaking of mockbusters, get your barf bags ready! Because here is Snow White: Conservative Values Edition:

https://deadline.com/2023/10/daily-wire-snow-white-movie-youtuber-brett-cooper-watch-1235574937/

Lol it's the Ben Shapiro lady clone. It's creepy how alike they look.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
With a title like that I'm immediately picturing the wal-mart DVD bargain bin confusing grandma level production that if anything is probably giving them too much credit for how it's gonna turn out.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Has any of the daily wire films been profitable?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Has any of the daily wire films been profitable?

Is any of the daily wire profitable? I thought the whole thing was being paid for at a loss by some idiot billionaire.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

I'm hoping the streaming attempt loses more money faster until the plug is pulled

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dr_rat posted:

Is any of the daily wire profitable? I thought the whole thing was being paid for at a loss by some idiot billionaire.

This is most right-wing media.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

im sure the movie was profitable for gina carano

because no one is casting her in anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
You know, for all the outrage Ben Shapiro put out about Barbie, the movie he's probably most pissed at is Sound of Freedom and the conservatives who aren't on his payroll who worked out how to actually make money from moving pictures.

Carpet posted:

Bentkey, a name that screams "suitable YouTube channel for kids"

They have a Bluey knock off. Chinchillas are apparently the most conservative dog breed. Rob Schneider voices Not-Bandit.

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 17, 2023