Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nitrousoxide posted:

The first three light novels go places.

Good go places or bad goes places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Good go places or bad goes places

I'll just say that Rae knows exactly what she wants and you won't be left unsatisfied.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think you guys are talking about two different things. I Favor the Villainess is not the gal romance show.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'll just say that Rae knows exactly what she wants and you won't be left unsatisfied.

Oh that I know I about I was talking about...

I thin kthe title is like "The experienced you and the novice me" or something to that effect.

Claire is not a gal

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nitrousoxide posted:

The first three light novels go places.

Honestly it's more like 2. 3 and on go and do something different.

But still to the point.

Also if they don't cover said 2 light novels in this season it will be devastating and I will be personally mad.

And also there's only 5 volumes to begin with.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Problem is 2 is like 2 LN's squished together so it may be tough to do it and unlike Magical Revolution I'm not sure they can rush it and keep the emotional climax intact

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Supremezero posted:

Honestly it's more like 2. 3 and on go and do something different.

But still to the point.

Also if they don't cover said 2 light novels in this season it will be devastating and I will be personally mad.

And also there's only 5 volumes to begin with.

I've only read the manga but from the OP it's clear we're getting the scales as the end of the season.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Are you people talking about the yuri villainess show or the one with the high schooler who dates a gyaru?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

I've only read the manga but from the OP it's clear we're getting the scales as the end of the season.

But I want it :colbert:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Are you people talking about the yuri villainess show or the one with the high schooler who dates a gyaru?

Yuri Villainess

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Orb Crabmelt posted:

I originally was talking about the latter and someone misunderstood as the former and now we're talking about the former.

The gal show also seems fine so far.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

I originally was talking about the latter and someone misunderstood as the former and now we're talking about the former.

The gal show also seems fine so far.

Ah, gotcha.

Which one has the most laffs per minute? That's all I need to know.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Ah, gotcha.

Which one has the most laffs per minute? That's all I need to know.

I don't think either are particularly funny or comedy focused.

So I'm gonna say villainess because it's at least got the gag of Rae's being a little worm.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I admit I turned to dust when this weeks 16 bit booted up via floppy. Brought me back to the Apple 2

Also definitely channeling the feel of Leaf's 2000 anime. Like very much vibes from the first Comic Party anime

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

I don't think either are particularly funny or comedy focused.

So I'm gonna say villainess because it's at least got the gag of Rae's being a little worm.

Villainess seems to be pretty comedy focused to me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

villainess is very focused on comedy at the start but it gets more serious as it goes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1712366778624753832?t=ILDQV5lPxDxL1chNRECjaA&s=19

Friren listed for 28 episodes. Guess that's why they dropped 4 episodes at the start.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

To actually talk about the gyaru show for a second, I read the manga and I think it might be one of the worst hot gyaru dates loser nerd stories I've seen? Like, the most rote romance beats imaginable, no real character development for either party, and it's all-in on the "we shouldn't do sex stuff because you should treasure yourself" thing in a way that feels even more gross and patronising than it usually does?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
gyaru villainess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

sinky posted:

gyaru villainess

Sounds good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

To actually talk about the gyaru show for a second, I read the manga and I think it might be one of the worst hot gyaru dates loser nerd stories I've seen? Like, the most rote romance beats imaginable, no real character development for either party, and it's all-in on the "we shouldn't do sex stuff because you should treasure yourself" thing in a way that feels even more gross and patronising than it usually does?

Yea on a whim I looked at the manga after seeing the description for that show to see what its angle was and it sucks for all those reasons! It's some peak Nice Guy poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres a whole subsection of romcom manga that are like 'dating a gyaru only she just has the aesthetics of a gyaru and you remove any sense of like, counterculture to it' which is so funny because the entire gyaru fashion sense started as a form of rebellion against sexist cultural norms.

compare it to something like bisque doll where marin is actually allowed to question societal norms a bit even if its just about her hobbies. (and she also gets to dress up as a dude some thats cool)

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

surely it can't be worse than hajimete no gal

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean it probably isn't on an overall level but there's no reason to pay mind to streams of poo poo that flow together like this. cooler gyaru anime exists in this world

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

sinky posted:

gyaru villainess

When I get isekaid this is who I hope I'm fighting for.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Oh that's a shame, the first ep seemed fine enough

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I was gonna say something about narou wrt the kimizero gyaru anime, but no, that's just straight up from a light novel

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
starting Undead Unluck ep1 (oh its Unluck, was reading is a 'Unlock")
pretty unique character expressions and the visuals are pretty wild.
The muscle kind is a bit over the top. A little too loud. He should calm down.
The girl is great. Would touch. lol @ her naming sense. Coupled with an organization you love to see get wrecked. Seems like a good formula.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/1712151670350581982?s=46&t=8s2ut1VEnz5wTqdvS7kePg

Hell, guess I'll go out and watch Suzume a third time.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Srice posted:

Yea on a whim I looked at the manga after seeing the description for that show to see what its angle was and it sucks for all those reasons! It's some peak Nice Guy poo poo.

I also tried reading it before the season started as some of my romcoms are winding down, and bounced off it hard. I read 2 of the 3 volumes, and ultimately while I did like the very cute moments when they were together as a couple, I found it extremely off-putting how they kept circling back to just how absolutely toxic the FL's past relationships were just to make the ML look better for being a generic Nice Guy.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Nice guys do in fact finish last.

Even though I dont really enjoy magical girl shows, the idea of the new Precure kind of interests me. Do I need to have any previous show knowledge to watch this one or is it entirely separate?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Even though I dont really enjoy magical girl shows, the idea of the new Precure kind of interests me. Do I need to have any previous show knowledge to watch this one or is it entirely separate?

If you're talking about the more adult oriented one that started recently yes, it's a direct sequel to the fourth and fifth shows Yes! Precure 5 and Yes! Precure 5 GoGo (with a little bit of the third series Splash Star as well it seems)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 12, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

The show lays what you need for the main plot in the opening few minutes so it's new viewer friendly. Yeah you'll miss out on cameos and references but they aren't important to the plot (so far)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

drat. I think its a neat idea to explore adult life for characters from a very teen-focused genre like that.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Nemo2342 posted:

I also tried reading it before the season started as some of my romcoms are winding down, and bounced off it hard.

If you're looking for one, specifically of the gyaru + nerd type, you (and everyone) should check out The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All.

Has a really striking black n yellow color scheme:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's green.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
poo poo is this where one of us discovers that they're actually colorblind?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

poo poo is this where one of us discovers that they're actually colorblind?

... gently caress.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

XboxPants posted:

Has a really striking black n yellow color scheme:

please contact an optometrist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that is lime green