Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't know if a Steam deck will play everything that I want, but the Odin can't even keep frame rates up on a New Super Mario Wii. I'm waiting for the next SD sale, probably around Christmas.
I can't say anything specific about NSMBW, maybe it's a game Dolphin has problems with specifically, but I've tried both Wii and Wii U emulation on the Deck and even with Wii U emulation I can turn the Deck's TDP down to about half, depending upon what game I'm playing. Wii is no problem at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Commander Keene posted:

I can't say anything specific about NSMBW, maybe it's a game Dolphin has problems with specifically, but I've tried both Wii and Wii U emulation on the Deck and even with Wii U emulation I can turn the Deck's TDP down to about half, depending upon what game I'm playing. Wii is no problem at all.

I'm not surprised. Also, it's not Dolphin. I have NSMBW and a number of fan mods, including the fantastic Newer SMBW, and both run just fine on Dolphin on both my very new gaming destkop and my 9-year-old laptop. The Odin just doesn't have the power that I need.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Blazing Sails and QUBE 1+2 are up on epic

Eternal Threads and The Evil Within next

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
QUBE feels like a cousin to Portal. It's not easy to drop and pick up later, though. I played it for a few hours and had no issues with the puzzles. I took a break to play other games. I came back to it a month later and couldn't make any progress anymore. It's not a long game, but you can definitely lose your grasp on the puzzle systems. The puzzles are modular, so it's easy to finish one and take a break, but they build off of previous mechanics and expectations. It's hard to go back without that momentum.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Free 2d shooter if gotten before Saturday
https://store.steampowered.com/app/344740/CRYPTARK/

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

OgNar posted:

Free 2d shooter if gotten before Saturday
https://store.steampowered.com/app/344740/CRYPTARK/

Fun little game, from what I remember.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
This may be related to the new "Gunhead" game that's coming out in the 8th of November that was also featured as part of Steam's Demo fest: https://store.steampowered.com/app/704000/GUNHEAD/

They both take place in the same universe with the same characters and have similar gameplay devices, though how the two connect I'm not sure.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Anybody know how to get out of this? Sitting in a cirlce with no way out isn't a lot of fun.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The General posted:

Anybody know how to get out of this? Sitting in a cirlce with no way out isn't a lot of fun.

See those arrows?

Unleash your inner Dance Dance Revolution.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gun Jam posted:

Fun little game, from what I remember.

This is excellent and definitely worth free.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Breetai posted:

See those arrows?

Unleash your inner Dance Dance Revolution.

I've tapped in those directions 100 times. Nothing. Both while holding the use key, and while not holding the use key.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Eternal Threads and The Evil Within are up on EGS

Next is Tandem: A Tale of Shadows and The Evil Within 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhHK3VCAUy4

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tombot posted:

This may be related to the new "Gunhead" game that's coming out in the 8th of November that was also featured as part of Steam's Demo fest: https://store.steampowered.com/app/704000/GUNHEAD/

They both take place in the same universe with the same characters and have similar gameplay devices, though how the two connect I'm not sure.

I played the demo for this and it kept making unintelligible clanking noises while i was in the ship and had to give up.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

The General posted:

I've tapped in those directions 100 times. Nothing. Both while holding the use key, and while not holding the use key.

Are you using the arrow keys? I got tripped up thinking you were supposed to use WSAD the first unlock I bumped into.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
November Amazon Prime poo poo

November 2: RAGE 2 Deluxe Edition [Epic Games Store]
November 9: Centipede Recharged [Epic Games Store]
November 10: Evan’s Remains [Amazon Games App]
November 16: Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery [Amazon Games App]
November 16: Knights of the Old Republic [Amazon Games App]
November 22: The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos [Amazon Games App]
November 23: Black Widow Recharged [Epic Games Store]
November 30: Orten Was the Case [Amazon Games App]
November 30: Caverns of Mars Recharged [Epic Games Store]

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Tandem: A Tale of Shadows and The Evil Within 2 are up on epic

next is F.I.S.T and turnip boy commits tax evasion

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

repiv posted:

next is F.I.S.T and turnip boy commits tax evasion

F.I.S.T is a weird yet excellent little game with really satisfying combat, and remains one of exactly 2 Metroidvainias that I've actually wanted to beat more than once (and to 100% it, at that).

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

repiv posted:

I absolutely hated The Evil Within but adored the sequel. Just my two cents if anyone bounced off (not) playing it last week.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/inner-voices-switch/

is the second free game

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Breetai posted:

F.I.S.T is a weird yet excellent little game with really satisfying combat, and remains one of exactly 2 Metroidvainias that I've actually wanted to beat more than once (and to 100% it, at that).

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give F.I.S.T. a try.

I played Turnip Boy on mobile ('free' if you have Google Pass) and it's simple but funny.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
This doesn't appear free to me

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

This doesn't appear free to me

Its a weird giveaway, where you had to have one of their games to begin with then have also gotten the first game yesterday.
But it was also janky for me yesterday when I saw the first game it still showed as $10 but when I added to cart it was $0.
lol nintendo cart
https://nogravitygames.com/halloween-giveaway/

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"

Fatty posted:

I absolutely hated The Evil Within but adored the sequel. Just my two cents if anyone bounced off (not) playing it last week.

I've been playing Evil Within 2 the past couple of weeks and i agree wholeheartedly. 2 is lightyears better than the first game, which is much more frustrating than fun. I still intend to go back and finish it someday but man do i find it to be a slog. The plot is still incredibly stupid though, that hasn't changed

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Voodoo Cafe posted:

I've been playing Evil Within 2 the past couple of weeks and i agree wholeheartedly. 2 is lightyears better than the first game, which is much more frustrating than fun. I still intend to go back and finish it someday but man do i find it to be a slog. The plot is still incredibly stupid though, that hasn't changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Azs3S2erk

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"

:discourse:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That looks absolutely terrible.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
IIRC It's an Easter egg that requires you to backtrack the entire map for no reason.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

BLACKSAD's on giveaway at GOG, it's an adventure/mystery game with anthropomorphic animals, it looks like.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

doctorfrog posted:

BLACKSAD's on giveaway at GOG, it's an adventure/mystery game with anthropomorphic animals, it looks like.

I've heard good things about the comic it's based on, despite my distrust of comics about anthropomorphic animals that aren't also ninjas.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

I've heard good things about the comic it's based on, despite my distrust of comics about anthropomorphic animals that aren't also ninjas.

It's good (the comic). It's basically just...a detective noir where the people happen to have animal heads or whatever. I'm not entirely sure it was necessary that they be animals at all, but it works just fine and doesn't feel like a giant weird fetish thing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/pandemic-shooter-switch/

third free no gravity games game

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

George RR Fartin posted:

It's good (the comic). It's basically just...a detective noir where the people happen to have animal heads or whatever. I'm not entirely sure it was necessary that they be animals at all, but it works just fine and doesn't feel like a giant weird fetish thing.

you can tell the blacksad guy isn't a furry because he does the dimorphism thing where the male characters have strong animal features but the women are just humans with cat ears

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Does anyone have the direct redeem link to GOG handy? I can't seem to find it and everything on the GOG page loads fine for me except for the button which lets me redeem the game; that is stuck as three endless loading pips.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

aniviron posted:

Does anyone have the direct redeem link to GOG handy? I can't seem to find it and everything on the GOG page loads fine for me except for the button which lets me redeem the game; that is stuck as three endless loading pips.

I loaded the webpage on Firefox instead of Chrome and that fixed it for me.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I am on firefox! Fortunately, refreshing the page every few minutes over the course of a half hour fixed it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

aniviron posted:

I seem to be too late to help this time, but here's the direct claim page for future reference.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

I seem to be too late to help this time, but here's the direct claim page for future reference.

You are saint, thank you! :3:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

repiv posted:

you can tell the blacksad guy isn't a furry because he does the dimorphism thing where the male characters have strong animal features but the women are just humans with cat ears

sounds like a gay furry to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/body-of-evidence-switch/ 4/7th free game