Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look people are paying me just a whole bunch of money to make a video game and I really can't be bothered completing it so I feel this would be the perfect engine to license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/lhKFlaE.mp4

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

Look people are paying me just a whole bunch of money to make a video game and I really can't be bothered completing it so I feel this would be the perfect engine to license.

The #1 thing people look for when choosing a game engine is the lack of games using it and zero documentation.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

rooth baybee posted:

so they’re having a birthday event, its a scavenger hunt to find golden tickets which earn citizens the privilege of spending $260 on a ship that has thus far been exclusive to having spent $10,000.

cant make this up.

happy birthday to us, give us money.

What are you talking about?! This is $9,740 of pure profit! I'm spending my life savings on Star Citizen accounts! It's almost as good of a deal as BBBY stock!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The license they were referring to was actually the right to buy a new ship if you play an in game event, not selling of tech.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Star posted:

Have to say that the citizen con schedule looks really boring. The only hope is that we get a SQ42 reveal/trailer during the closing ceremony.

Yeah I hate to say it, but it could just be another year of boring pedantic nonsense about some bog standard video game tech that CIG is trying to figure out. It seems like they have to show something for SQ42 at least at the end, but who knows? We’re 11 years in and the money keeps flowing no matter what.

GreenElephant
Mar 22, 2016
tired of star citizen, let me just watch this random video about a 500 lb child predator and... doh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
No fuckin' way. Far too on-the-nose. Do better, writers.

Also you have to censor "creep" now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GreenElephant posted:

tired of star citizen, let me just watch this random video about a 500 lb child predator and... doh

Lmao

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'll click any video that specifies the person involved is 6'8".

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

GreenElephant posted:

Holy poo poo LOL - took me too long to figure this out

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

GreenElephant posted:

holy poo poo its him isn't it

the guy with the PHD in star citizen ship creation

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

GreenElephant posted:

Bunnyman: Behind The Ears

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

GreenElephant posted:

lmfao

he also weighs the same as a bomb, jesus

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Only Kindness posted:

No fuckin' way. Far too on-the-nose. Do better, writers.

Also you have to censor "creep" now?

Especially on Rumble lol. Isn't that supposed to be the anti-woke Youtube.

E: Tried to look for the video. Saw this. Stopped looking.

lobsterminator fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 12, 2023

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Saw the citcon schedule, at least there is a cosplay contest so hopefully bagman makes an appearance.

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin
With regards to the engine licensing fantasy of cryengine or "starengine".

A couple of weeks ago the folks of the Unity engine pissed off a lot of devs when they announced new licensing terms.

Not one dev mentioned switching to Cryengine. It was either Unreal or Godot.

GreenElephant
Mar 22, 2016

lobsterminator posted:

Especially on Rumble lol. Isn't that supposed to be the anti-woke Youtube.

E: Tried to look for the video. Saw this. Stopped looking.

yeah, to be clear I don't recommend anybody actually go to that channel or Rumble in general unless they're the 'watching shitshows is my jam' kind of person, which come to think of it, is also why I'm here tbh

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

A group of Citizens is doing what Chris wanted to do all along -- shooting a Star Citizen movie. They have a teaser out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7az7TM3Mqm8

It ties into their shot-in-SC series Machinima. I think I posted it before. They are enamored with FOIP so it's a SC heads talking non stop. It inflicts psychic damage on me similar to a pisscat post so I'm just zoning out after the first few sentences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_37xXrTyUU

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

chadbear posted:

A group of Citizens is doing what Chris wanted to do all along -- shooting a Star Citizen movie. They have a teaser out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7az7TM3Mqm8

It ties into their shot-in-SC series Machinima. I think I posted it before. They are enamored with FOIP so it's a SC heads talking non stop. It inflicts psychic damage on me similar to a pisscat post so I'm just zoning out after the first few sentences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_37xXrTyUU

*Camera slowly pans up somebody stood with their back to the camera*

"This looks incredible. Perfect casting!"

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Nothing about it looks remotely sci-fi or futuristic, either. It’s lovely “tactical” gear and a G36.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Apollodorus posted:

Nothing about it looks remotely sci-fi or futuristic, either. It’s lovely “tactical” gear and a G36.

What do you even do with SC fan fiction? It’s the most boring and bland sci-fi universe imaginable. Nothing but planets full of lame space malls, and people in stupid looking armor stolen from a dozen better games. It has no overarching aesthetic or themes, nothing at all to say for itself. Even the corporate dystopia of places like Hurston is played completely as a visual novelty. It’s fitting that all the attempts at fan fiction are equally as lame and pointless.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Zadda posted:

A couple of weeks ago the folks of the Unity engine pissed off a lot of devs when they announced new licensing terms.

Uh, obviously devs everywhere switched in secret and just haven't said anything public to avoid attracting the paid trolls and mischief makers that have nothing better to do than hate on the best space game ever made, duh. Another fiendishly clever business move from Chris Roberts!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

colonelwest posted:

What do you even do with SC fan fiction?

My friend, let me regale you with the story of the Fourth Stimpire…

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Much like everything else with Star Citizen, the fanfiction is whatever you wish to imagine in it. With even less pesky "canon" to appeal to than normal fanfic has to go through!

This is why even SC fanfiction is doomed to be a stale empty pile of crap, of course.

edit: Only occasionally leavened with clumps of disturbing psychosis, of course.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Torquemada posted:

My friend, let me regale you with the story of the Fourth Stimpire…

True I was forgetting the important fact that in the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 12, 2023

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Saw the citcon schedule, at least there is a cosplay contest so hopefully bagman makes an appearance.

We all await the return of the bagman. Gonna need you to post the pic this time first for the name/post combo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My eternal punishment is that I can never just pass over a stimpire post and must read it in it’s entirety every single time

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've never read it

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Popete posted:

I've never read it

How would you like your electricity? Would you like some civil meat to go with it?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zadda posted:

I had a quick look and yeah even though Cry Engine still seems to be developing not much seems to be using it for whatever reason.

Hope a few games do, would be a shame to see it die, back in the day it was a great looking engine.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I've always preferred the saga of the Third Stimpire when turmoil has engulfed the Stimpire. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute.
Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo.
While the congress of the Stimpire endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict.

There is unrest in the Galactic Senate. Several thousand solar systems have declared their intentions to leave the Republic.

This separatist movement, under the leadership of the mysterious Count Dooku, has made it difficult for the limited number of Jedi Knights to maintain peace and order in the galaxy.

Senator Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo, is returning to the Galactic Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC to assist the overwhelmed Jedi.

The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku.

There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere. In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Randalor posted:

Count Dooku

If SC could reach the lofty heights of Star Wars naming, it might be worth something.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Please, Utapau and Dagobah have nothing on Stanton and Hurston.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

colonelwest posted:

What do you even do with SC fan fiction? It’s the most boring and bland sci-fi universe imaginable. Nothing but planets full of lame space malls, and people in stupid looking armor stolen from a dozen better games. It has no overarching aesthetic or themes, nothing at all to say for itself. Even the corporate dystopia of places like Hurston is played completely as a visual novelty. It’s fitting that all the attempts at fan fiction are equally as lame and pointless.

game has the limitless imagination of a wealthy person who spends all their time on business trips, at airports, and on cruises

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

BattleMaster posted:

game has the limitless imagination of a wealthy person who spends all their time on business trips, at airports, and on cruises

Yeah that pretty much sums it up - the future in Star Citizen is essentially driving up to a sterile early 90s US mall in a Cadillac Allanté while repeatedly smashing passers by in the face with a Rolex watch and an Appletini for m'lady.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

colonelwest posted:

quote:

You have an apartment in Prime on Terra III. There is a janitor in your building you see him most days, sometimes you stop and chat to him and he tells you about where he grew up, where he likes to go after work. You can go and see him dancing in his favourite nightclub. One day you figure out he's not here, where is he? So you have a screenshot of the guy and you come into Spectrum and say.. Hey all! Where has my janitor gone? And people will recognise the guy because all NPC's look unique - that is because they took the time to create 'DNA'. Someone in Spectrum says - Hey I've found him! He's on Tangaroa in the Helios system! You go and find him and he will remember you. you ask him, how can you afford to stay here on a janitors pay? He tells you he was special forces in the UEE Marines and he made a tonne of UEC fighting Xenothreat last time when they tried to take Daymar... so he's treating himself.

quote:

I'll take advantage of my Chairman's Club membership, get in touch with Imperial Access to arrange a VIP box seat at the The Port Renatus Metropolitan Opera House on Mars, a performance of Léo Delibes - Lakmé would be perfect.

Here is Lakmé the daughter of a Brahmin and her maidservant as they go to gather flowers by a river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4MmatVblDk

The very definition of chill as far as I'm concerned... you go dig and work your spanners. Have fun.

For a little more excitement I'll head off to the Murray Tower at Aydo on Green... have a juicy steak and watch the races.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I love the idea that Pisscat in the real world is like, "weird, my mailman used to be this guy, and now he's this new guy." And he then thinks, "Where did my mailman go? I need to find out about my mailman!" And so he goes to the post office and he's told that his mailman is on out of town, he said something about going to Florida.

And so Pisscat says to himself, "oh gently caress yes!" and buys a ticket to Florida, then arrives in Jacksonville and gets ready to search Flordia far and wide. As luck would have it, he actually sees someone who looks like his mailman in a car and goes and follows him to a house in the suburbs. Pisscat of course walks up to the house and knocks, waiting for the mailman to come to the door. Instead, a young woman answers. Pisscat asks for his mailman. The young woman is confused, but eventually surmises that her brother Nick is a mailman, so she goes to get him. Pisscat realizes as Nick comes to the door, it is him!

"Why are you here?" Pisscat asks, excitedly. The mailman morosely replies, "I'm here for my father's funeral." A couple of awkward seconds pass. "Would...would you like to come in?" the mailman offers. "Nope!" says Pisscat, smiling as he turns away. "Have a great time!"

What an adventure.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
I tried to join an org and had a tough time fitting in. In the interview they asked me what kind of gameplay I was interested in and I said you know, the usual stuff - ground assaults, space combat, maybe even a cargo delivery now and then when I'm chilling out. They were all like no, no, new kid, what opera do you enjoy? I admit I was caught off guard and in a panic just blurted out Carmen. After they finished laughing at me they just handed me a mop and said I was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Popete posted:

I've never read it

Get a load of this heretic.