Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It's so weird that pogroms in Europe and the Holocaust never came up while we were arming the Baba Yar Fan Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hmmm I don't think we're gonna draw a line on this one

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I know nothing of this person - Wikipedia, show me whatcha got!

quote:

In May 2022, Galit Distel-Atbaryan claimed in an interview that “there is no such thing as autism”, and shared how she “treated” her autistic son, by refusing him food and water until he talked. The comments caused a stir and led to criticism from autistic people and their familie

:stare:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Israel has used white phosphorus according to Human Rights Watch
https://twitter.com/OmarSShakir/status/1712569855998566688

Germany is moving to ban pro-Palestine groups from operating
https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1712436383195750410

If you live in Chicago tell your piece of poo poo alderperson to spike that bullshit resolution

Zoeb posted:

Chicago comrades should email and phone their Alderpeople some time today as there is going to be a vote tomorrow on a pro-Israel resolution. https://tinyurl.com/SilversteinResolution

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Only a 1/2 mass shooting

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/california-woman-declared-59th-victim-of-2017-massacre-in-las-vegas-2102779/

Need to get those numbers up next time if you want to compete in the US leagues.

eh i was just trying to get a general average. we have so many fuckn mass shootings in this shithole country it’s hard to keep track anymore.

thoughts n prayers n all … spineless elites shedding crocodile tears for the “death of americans” when death is all around us every day and they don’t do poo poo to fix it. whether it’s dying slowly because no or inadequate health care , or swift death via mass shooting or cop, it’s all fuckn worthless pageantry and utterly empty sympathy from these fuckn ghouls.

i wish that hell were real because it would be a comfort to know all these people would eventually get what they deserve for their decadence, for the misery they willfully inflict on others while fattening themselves, but it’s just another lie in a world that was built on a mountain of ‘em. but they’ll keep on doing their thing while i scream in my impotent rage, and the wheel of the world will keep on spinning

dti
dta

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

when the information war is going well

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Need

mcmagic posted:

It's nuts that voicing this point of view is accepted in Israel but if any democrat said this in the US they would immediately be kicked out of the party.

Probably the effect of having actual skin in the game. If you're an Israeli, and you're not some cuntface settler who can escape to his other home in long island and the people YOUR country is genociding are within driving distance, you have a big incentive to take this entire situation deathly seriously, and if you're an honest analyst who's really examining the facts rather then losing yourself in a frothing genocidal nationalist fervor, it's tough not to come to the conclusion that maybe keeping people in an open air prison is a bad idea if you don't want them to hit back.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mdemone posted:

how the gently caress did this become a thing. white Americans posting on Facebook about something they made up in their head?

Americans desperate to escape the boring hell of their own lives. But not really.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"Israeli Information Minister Galit Distel resigned from her position late Thursday night on X, the platform previously known as Twitter.

Distel cited the redundancy of the position amid the war and cited Israel's need to conserve financial resources during the war."

lmao sure

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Still think Iran is all talk but they are like the only one in the middle east actually fully calling out israel

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1712572253282390298

Just cartoonishly evil

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712574732086939719

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

hmmm I don't think we're gonna draw a line on this one

Is the line drawn with the blood of Palestinian children? That’s a line the west can get behind!

:smith:

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

The Oldest Man posted:

You're not allowed to punch back at genocidal propaganda; it's indecorous to even speak of it (other than to replicate it)

I'm ready to just shrink into a corncob for a few years.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
eventually hopefully one day the libs will learn international law does not matter and has never mattered

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Vox Nihili posted:

"Israeli Information Minister Galit Distel resigned from her position late Thursday night on X, the platform previously known as Twitter.

Distel cited the redundancy of the position amid the war and cited Israel's need to conserve financial resources during the war."

lmao sure

what the hell is going on that the information minister's best excuse for their stepping down is "government's broke"? doesnt seem like a very inspiring message to me

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Goverments dyin cloud

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ok which one of you is this??????

https://captimes.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/letter-hamas-attack-predictable/article_160b59c2-692d-11ee-8736-5368ea86c3bb.html

quote:

Dear Editor: I am a first generation, post-Holocaust Jew. I believe that the Hamas violent incursion into Israel this week was a predictable reaction to decades of Israeli oppression.

Israel’s bombing campaign has destroyed schools, hospitals, residences and already killed 326 children. There are no clear military targets — the intent appears to be massive bloodletting of Palestinian civilians. A likely invasion will produce untold Palestinian deaths and injuries.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu perversely said that Israel will turn Gaza into "deserted island" and urged Palestinians to get out. But they have no way out; they are trapped.

Israel has implemented a total siege, cutting off food, electricity, fuel and medicine, confirming that the target of this campaign is the civilian population. Gaza’s health system, already weakened by the earlier blockade, is near collapse.

The Gaza health ministry has pleaded for a safe corridor for the entry of urgent medical aid. Israel’s response has been to bomb the only entry point to Gaza that it does not control: the Rafah crossing into Egypt.

This vicious collective punishment is a war crime by international standards. The Biden administration, having pledged to provide whatever weaponry Israel requests, is now complicit. Biden has a lot of blood on his hands.

The mainstream press frames the Hamas violence as unprovoked. But there is a long history of oppression that dates to the ethnic cleansing in 1947-49 of 750,000 Palestinians and has continued since. The war on Gaza is just the latest, and perhaps most deadly example.

Bob Goonin

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
A minister's salary could arm a significant number of settler death squad murderers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
are the settlers gonna force the IDF to open up another front whether they want to or not?

quote:

44m ago (20:25 GMT)
Violent incidents across occupied West Bank
By Imran Khan, reporting from Ramallah in the occupied West Bank:

Let me bring you up to date with the multiple incidents going on right now.

In Hawar, settlers are attacking cars. Just outside of Nablus, settlers are attacking Palestinians. In the last couple of hours, Israeli soldiers shot at a car at a checkpoint. A 37-year-old Palestinian woman was killed in that attack. We’re also hearing of an attack on an illegal Israeli settlement where a Palestinian gunman was shot dead at a checkpoint.

There is a complication when it comes to the occupied West Bank. The minister of defence, Itamar Ben-Gvir, is a settler himself. He is angry that he’s not part of the Israeli war cabinet. So he is allegedly calling on his settler supporters to attack Palestinians.

We can’t confirm that but he’s always said Israelis should defend themselves. Now, if that happens, if he does publicly call for settlers to attack Palestinians, then Israel has a huge problem.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

lmao sure

What gently caress up did she do? I mean apart from an ignored warning from Egypt.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

a more and more common mistake these years but this is clearly not a goon but a gooner

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

text editor posted:

I know nothing of this person - Wikipedia, show me whatcha got!

:stare:
Torturing your own kid? Zionists are some kind of hosed up.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

DancingShade posted:

What gently caress up did she do? I mean apart from an ignored warning from Egypt.

probably got a good offer from McKinsey

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I hear Israel are using nail bombs when bombing hospitals just to injure as many people as possible... but i guess it doesn't really matter if its true since they are bombing hospitals anyway.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Morbus
May 18, 2004

galagazombie posted:

This is definitely true. And I’m legit amazed at how large, vocal, and visible the Pro-Palestine sentiment is in the west among the average person this time around. And it’s predictably making the ruling class and their Pro-Israel racist sycophants in the middle/working classes loving pissed that so many people aren’t buying the official narrative anymore despite them totally controlling all the legacy media that’s supposed to control the narrative, and astroturfing the internet as hard as possible. Especially considering that the ruling class has never been more adamant and unified about forcing a pro-genocide narrative than now. I think that’s why we’ve never seen I/P conflict discourse get this venomous in the west before, because it’s the first time the Israelophilia of the ruling class has received such pushback.

The reason the ruling class is so adamantly, instantly, and clumsily pro-israel / pro-genocide this time around has, imo, very little to do with Israel, very little to do with Palestinians or the genocide thereof, and very little to do with popular opinions on the I/P conflict as such.

What's relevant to them here isn't the I/P conflict. It's that the operation by hamas has seriously and embarrassingly challenged the state's monopoly on violence. And not just any state, but what on paper is supposed to be a sophisticated, well-funded, high-tech, western military--the ones who go around and tell everyone else How It's Done when it comes to this kind of police state poo poo.

This isn't 9/11, where a surprise attack inflicted spectacular but utterly tolerable losses without any direct confrontation with military or security forces. It's not ISIS, where militarized remnants of a failed state went up against a hollowed-out Potemkin Arab military widely regarded among the west as totally inept, in a region we had already destroyed first. And, for all the hand-wringing libs do over the theatrics of Jan 6, at no point did that involve any serious violence directed at the security apparatus of the state, nor did it seriously challenge the state's ability to strong-arm its populace.

This goes beyond anything they have seen. A single battalion's worth of insurgents on toy aircraft and motorcycles just marching right into military bases, pulling down the IDF's pants, and kicking them repeatedly in the balls for an entire weekend while livestreaming it to hoots and hollers 'round the world, while the state is completely unable to neutralize them. This has pierced the veil of competence and invincibility not just of the IDF, but of security forces in neoliberal countries everywhere, whose institutions are probably even more hollowed out, at an even lower level of readiness, and with even more inept personnel.

It's a completely unacceptable embarrassment to the very notion that the ruling class and their property are ultimately protected by the state's military and law enforcement. It's an intolerable humiliation, and they need to make an example out of the people who did it, totally irrespective of the underlying politics.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TaraBull808/status/1712575719778521140

Alleged video of Palestinian militants are doing donuts on New York highways. Truly the war has come home.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1712532622344102007

All the comments are about how the mainstream media in the US is covering up for Hamas

The fascist turn is happening in real time. the liberals aren't even done calling for the murder of colonized people and are already getting called soft and traitorous.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/TaraBull808/status/1712575719778521140

Alleged video of Palestinian militants are doing donuts on New York highways. Truly the war has come home.

Highly annoying.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Can we go full 2001 again? Can I start saying I saw a bunch of Muslim (Arab) men buying up suspicious amounts of candy from Costco. Clearly they're gonna poison all the candy at Halloween

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

DTI
DTA

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The Sean posted:

d&d:

yeah, maybe the IDF are exaggerating a bit. i don't loving care.

D&D would be down to bomb Gaza to rubble if a single Palestinian tripped and fell over the border and immediately scrambled back saying "sorry sorry" over and over.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Crazypoops posted:

Goverments dyin cloud

not my problem

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

quote:

A new Israeli government, formed on 13 June 2021, declared a "status quo" in the settlements policy. According to Peace Now, as of 28 October this has not been the case. On October 24, 2021, tenders were published for 1,355 housing units plus another 83 in Givat HaMatos and on 27 October 2021, approval was given for 3,000 housing units including in settlements deep inside the West Bank.[373] These developments were condemned by the U.S.[374] as well as by the United Kingdom, Russia and 12 European countries.[375][376] while UN experts, Michael Lynk, Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967 and Mr. Balakrishnan Rajagopal (United States of America), UN Special Rapporteur on adequate housing said that settlement expansion should be treated as a "presumptive war crime".[377][378]

In February 2023, the new Israeli government under Benjamin Netanyahu approved the legalization of nine illegal settler outposts in the West Bank.[379] Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich took charge of most of the Civil Administration, obtaining broad authority over civilian issues in the West Bank.[380][381] In March 2023, Netanyahu's government repealed a 2005 law whereby four Israeli settlements, Homesh, Sa-Nur, Ganim and Kadim, were dismantled as part of the Israeli disengagement from Gaza.[382] In June 2023, Israel shortened the procedure of approving settlement construction and gave Finance Minister Smotrich the authority to approve one of the stages, changing the system operating for the last 27 years.[383] In its first six months, construction of 13,000 housing units in settlements, almost triple the amount advanced in the whole of 2022.[384]

how could israel have ever predicted or prevented the attacks from the violent resistance from the group that was oh
https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

quote:

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2019, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.

https://m.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/netanyahu-money-to-hamas-part-of-strategy-to-keep-palestinians-divided-583082

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Mean Baby posted:

I hear Israel are using nail bombs when bombing hospitals just to injure as many people as possible... but i guess it doesn't really matter if its true since they are bombing hospitals anyway.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

once again asking you to please refer to the approved Bad Guy Weapon/Good Guy weapon terminology look-up table

Bad Guy Weapon: thermobaric warhead
Good Guy Weapon: metal augmented charge

Bad Guy Weapon: improvised explosive device
Good Guy weapon: field expedient demolition charge

Bad Guy Weapon: nail bomb
Good Guy Weapon: beehive round

Bad Guy Weapon: fire bomb
Good Guy Weapon: obscuration round

Bad Guy Weapon: suicide drone
Good Guy Weapon: cruise missile

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

You'll know it's really 2001 all over again when they bring back the color-coded terror level alerts

Death of Innocence
Jan 12, 2006

mdemone posted:

how the gently caress did this become a thing. white Americans posting on Facebook about something they made up in their head?

Yeah I’ve wondered that for a long time. I don’t understand how so many people can make such a total break from reality. It isn’t just that there a some liars and some gullible people, it seems like it’s millions of people publicly knowingly living and larping in self delusional improv.

I remember seeing something about it in the Musk/Twitter thread, about how it could be something like conservatives on social media building social cohesion among each other and attacking their enemies by agreeing to the same central lie, like kids on a play ground all agreeing that the unpopular kid actually smells bad. People playing along with the lie are the in group, and anyone who says I can’t smell anything are the out group. So when conservatives start broadcasting their talking points they’re self identifying as conservatives and looking to see who replies back with the right shibboleth.

But it’s still at least a semi conscious decision to accept make believe as the truth. I remember seeing posts about vaccines and 5g, ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, but what always stood out to me was that there would be posts with lists and some lists besides ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine would have a third and a fourth suggestion unique to that post, and obviously these would be equally inane suggestions that couldn’t possibly work, and the person suggesting them probably never even tried those suggestions themselves. That always really bothered me, because it seemed really clear that they weren’t just repeating the lies they had been told, they were making new poo poo up and posting as though it were real. That’s where I got the impression that it’s like improv and they’re all playing “yes, and”. It’s so jarring because just making poo poo up and pretending the fantasy is real despite being fully aware they made it up is insane. These are some of the stupidest and most childish people. I think stuff like Facebook really supercharges it because of the echo chambers these people gravitate to.

Anyway I don’t understand it at all, and it just seems like this kind of stuff is everywhere on the internet. Like mom forums where they are all posting different essential oil recommendations at each other. Or forums where people pretend to be able to do magic or whatever.

I used to know a guy who was basically a compulsive liar, he was always telling obviously fake, unbelievable stories to seem cooler or in the know. He was a big “my uncle who works at Nintendo guy”, except he was way older than the young children who would normally do that. It’s not like anyone believed him, but most people just ignored him or said, “yeah, sure, whatever”. I don’t think he was ever going to change unless he stumbled upon a little maturity and self-awareness or people started calling him out. In retrospect he seems like a prime candidate for this kind of delusional posting.

Bad faith group think?

Death of Innocence has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Oct 12, 2023

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Phigs posted:

D&D would be down to bomb Gaza to rubble if a single Palestinian tripped and fell over the border and immediately scrambled back saying "sorry sorry" over and over.

the truth is in the middle. somewhere between full Auschwitz style extermination and the status quo of ongoing isolation and terror bombings of Gaza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Atrocious Joe posted:

If you live in Chicago tell your piece of poo poo alderperson to spike that bullshit resolution

Also wish they would build more bus shelters around here so I can sit down and not be rained on while waiting for the third ghost bus.