Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well they are Transformers. Who knows what anatomy they have.

I also love that the MP looks exactly like the lumpy CG of the cartoon. Like if you make a Unity engine game called Zoo Mechanic Simulator, that's how Rhinox should look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Leader class Optimus Primal is a wee little lad. Looks nice though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOS9m2MKZDs

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Turns out the new Transformers universe started earlier than I knew, four months ago in fact in a book called Void Rivals by Robert Kirkman, you know the Walking Dead guy. I only found out after a gimp in a red suit told me on youtube.

There are two worlds orbiting a sun, the sun begins to die and eventually goes blackhole.
Both worlds over thousands of years each completed half a ring to connect over the blackhole.
Know the halo in Halo? Yeah, it's like that.
The two races keep living but eventually come to war with one another for thousands of years.
Each got their own customs and beliefs. Both need resources badly. The only place to get them is in space.
A pilot from each side ends up crashing on a planet? Moon? Big rock? Whatever.
They fight as their sides normally do kill one another.
They come to realize, it's kind of pointless despite one having the chance to kill the other. That and they sorta started speaking to one another, a big no no for both of them on each world they are from.
One of them uses his robotic glove to scan the other pilots ship and realizes, hey, if we work together we can use one ship to repair the other!
It doesn't work out and it kinda catches on fire. A lot on fire.
Crazy thing is, a lot of the parts are kinda similar, very similar. One thinks the spies of the other world ripped them off.
Later one of them returns to the other telling them they found something, a ship it looks like buried in some rocks. They give it some energy and....
It's Jetfire. They got no idea what he is.
Jetfire realizes he's been stuck there for millions of years, and quickly transforms and flies off........before they can even ask him for help.
They think they're going to die. One of them comes up with an idea to use some of their space suits and programming combined with a very rough and potentially explosive mix of their ships might get them out of there
Maybe. Unless it explodes. Or they fail. They can exist for a time outside their suits before the radiation kills them and guess what happens when they take off their helmets?
They're the same! DUN DUN DUN. By that I mean they're both yellow humanoid aliens. Did I mention one was a man and the other a woman?

The toylines of GI Joe and Transformers are very likely to get more cross overs in the future as both of those series takes place together in the universe. That is showing up in the toys thesmelves. Hiss tanks likely run off energon or some variant of it. One of the Cobra troops, the Mole Rat is basically a zombie with dark energon growing out of it's head. The GI Joe advertised books, one for Duke has Jetfire on the cover, the other with Cobra Commander has the Ark. It's all a thing.

Issue two and three quickly summed up, I mean it's not like you are here to read.

They manage to make a new ship out of the remains of both of their old ones and get into space, huzzah.
That's when they notice an asteroid suddenly starts following them, that turns out to have a robotic underside with pincers, yes folks it's Skuoxxid
He has a wife and kids. Or so she says. Hey guys got to make a living.
They escape him and a door opens up unleashing a giant metal scorpion to attack them! No it doesn't appear to be Scopronok.
They get it back into the room and a prisoner in the next room ask to be released, they do so.
It's a freaking Quintesson. The kind with the ridged Alien penis head, not multi face. He's actually quite nice and offers to return them to their world via his ship for the help.
Yes, his ship turns out to be the classic Quintesson drill design ship.
Skuoxxid stops them, turns out his computer has no idea what those two aliens are so they're worthless. Their ships on the other hand has some components that are valuable. He's willing to let them go and give them
a ship! A nebulon craft in fact, pre hive era.
The Quintesson is outraged, it's not like they're going to deal with Skuxxoid and leave the Quintesson behind right?
They take the nebulon craft and leave the Quintesson behind.
Now all they got to worry about what happens when they get back home having failed their own vital life or death missions.
That can't end badly....right?
It's not like there's a conspiracy also in place keeping both sides ignorant about the truth of each others identities.
And it's not like one is going to betray the other right?
One betrays the other and knocks him out.

I like this book.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 8, 2023

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

While the filmmakers did ignore the line that got the most votes, the line itself was "do a barrel roll" (remember this is 2006 internet humor).

The way the contest worked was that the top 30 lines were sent to the filmmakers to choose their top 10. Those 10 would be recorded by Peter Cullen for the movie website, and their #1 would be put in the movie itself.

The top 30 (with the filmmakers' top 10 bolded, and their #1 underlined) were:
  • Do a barrel roll!
  • Autobots, transform and roll out.
  • Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost.
  • Megatron, when I'm done with you, you'll be lucky if there's enough of you left to transform into a handgun!
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
  • One shall stand, one shall fall
  • That's how I roll.
  • Bah weep gra-nah weep ninni bong.
  • I can't explain the flames, they're just cool.
  • It is not our world, but it is our war. We must do what is right and protect the innocent. Autobots, roll out!
  • It's prime time!
  • Humans seem weak, but possess something stronger than anything Autobots or Decepticons can manufacture: spirit.
  • All sentient beings have the right to life, and these humans are no different. We must protect them, no matter the cost.
  • This is not our world, but it is now our responsibility.
  • I see the evils that men do. I am not blind. It's what they could do that I fight for.
  • There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.
  • Greatness is measured not by wealth, power, or strength, but by service, honor, and sacrifice.
  • Tyranny and injustice must always be fought, no matter how long the battle, or how far it may take you from home.
  • I thought you were made of sterner stuff, Megatron.
  • First, we crack the shell... then we crack the nuts inside.
  • Alpha Trion said there'd be days like this.
  • Humans have a myth about a man called the Ferryman, Megatron. You're about to meet him.
  • Freedom is the right of sentient beings.
  • Now all we need is a little energon... and a lot of luck.
  • Survival of the fittest? You're on the wrong side of the blaster to champion that, Decepticon.
  • If you truly believe I'll go down that easily, Megatron, you've already lost!
  • This world should learn from its own mistakes, not ours.
  • Be it machine or man, the defense of all that is good and sacred in the universe must be our common bond.
  • Autobots transform; let's roll.
  • As long as energon flows through these circuits, I will always be there to stop your attempts at tyranny.

One of the producers later admitted that the winning line was already in the movie before the contest, thus making it completely pointless.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Void Rivals is pretty good. I really like the artwork. Shockwave has a bit part in #4.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The Last Call posted:

Jetfire realizes he's been stuck there for millions of years, and quickly transforms and flies off........before they can even ask him for help.

Is that timeframe actually mentioned? The first issue of Skybound's Transformers comic only has Jetfire leaving Cybertron sometime after the planet began to run out of energy but before the outbreak of the war, which was only a few centuries prior. He was also around recently enough to know Optimus from before he became Prime. So that's a weird bit of discontinuity right out of the gate.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

His actual line is something "that would mean I've been here for MILLIONS of... I need to go to Cybertron, goodbye"

What we don't know, as far as I can remember, is the "when" of Void Rivals' overall setting compared to the "when" of Transformers #1

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
In the latest bit of "technically not Transformers news but arguably thread relevant because it involves one of TF's sibling series owned by either Hasbro or Takara-Tomy", Zoids is getting a crossover with Medarot/Medabots, which would seem random if it weren't for the fact that Medarot has been doing a lot of crossover collaborations the last couple of years, including one with Transformers back in August that I somehow only just found out about

This marks twice this year that Transformers and Zoids have intersected in some fashion(the other being Legacy Thundertron's alt-mode directly being acknowledged as being a Zoid when he was revealed, and that he probably obtained the alt-mode by scanning one after crash landing on a version of Zi due to the universe mashup stuff that is the lore justification for the Legacy lines)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This is the first I've heard that Medabots is still a thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

For the last couple years its been mostly* just a mobile game and several compilations of older games that haven't left Japan, that latter part is likely due to the fact that some jackass in Andorra was trying to squat on the European trademarks for Medabots for NFT purposes and Imagineer only just won a lawsuit against the rear end in a top hat a couple weeks ago, hopefully once that finalizes they might start doing more with the franchise internationally

*well aside from Discotek doing Blu-Ray releases for the animes in both the original Japanese and the surprisingly still holds up English dub

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

drrockso20 posted:

For the last couple years its been mostly* just a mobile game and several compilations of older games that haven't left Japan, that latter part is likely due to the fact that some jackass in Andorra was trying to squat on the European trademarks for Medabots for NFT purposes and Imagineer only just won a lawsuit against the rear end in a top hat a couple weeks ago, hopefully once that finalizes they might start doing more with the franchise internationally

*well aside from Discotek doing Blu-Ray releases for the animes in both the original Japanese and the surprisingly still holds up English dub

There were also games on 3DS/Vita and word was that there was interest in bringing some of those over at the time but apparently there were other different rights problems for some and 'the developer is too small and cannot work on both their next game and localisation programming for the previous one at the same time' for others

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The design saga for my universe’s Constructicons has come to an end. For recap:

Scavenger

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1681644136359665664?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Hook

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1684031825977528320?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Bonecrusher

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1688441893963628545?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Scrapmetal

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1690881952000143360?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Scrapper

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1696510419400102157?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Mixmaster

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1702973938140057964?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Long Haul

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1707278898331783500?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

(And Mixmaster and Hook’s proper pre-Constructicon colors…)

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1707281591016309130?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

And now, finally, Devastator!

https://twitter.com/quillobyte_/status/1711035112094138492?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I love these

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dabir posted:

Honestly it never really was a thing in America. The show was brought over along with a little merch, but they hosed up bringing the videogames over, which were the lifeblood of the franchise, because there may have been lots of demand on the TV side for anime that could compete with Pokemon, the videogame company didn't want to put in the effort of localizing it (possibly Medarot 4 and 5 might've also done poorly since they released for Gameboy Color after the Gameboy Advance was out, and localization would leave them even further behind).

The game series did truck on for a bit in Japan, but it seems kinda dead now. The last original game on a real game console was in 2016.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
My lovely wife surprised me with these two good bots last night. Great colors.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

Honestly it never really was a thing in America. The show was brought over along with a little merch, but they hosed up bringing the videogames over, which were the lifeblood of the franchise, because there may have been lots of demand on the TV side for anime that could compete with Pokemon, the videogame company didn't want to put in the effort of localizing it (possibly Medarot 4 and 5 might've also done poorly since they released for Gameboy Color after the Gameboy Advance was out, and localization would leave them even further behind).

The game series did truck on for a bit in Japan, but it seems kinda dead now. The last original game on a real game console was in 2016.

Nah it was doing fine for a while because the first anime was really good(and like I mentioned had one of the better English versions of an anime for the era) but then rapidly dropped off because the second anime is just really really loving awful(and does the Beast Machines thing where it's supposed to be a direct sequel to the previous series but changes around so many things it just doesn't make sense as one) which led to everyone dropping it

Also they did bring some games over

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Robot Style posted:

While the filmmakers did ignore the line that got the most votes, the line itself was "do a barrel roll" (remember this is 2006 internet humor).

The way the contest worked was that the top 30 lines were sent to the filmmakers to choose their top 10. Those 10 would be recorded by Peter Cullen for the movie website, and their #1 would be put in the movie itself.

The top 30 (with the filmmakers' top 10 bolded, and their #1 underlined) were:
  • Do a barrel roll!
  • Autobots, transform and roll out.
  • Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost.
  • Megatron, when I'm done with you, you'll be lucky if there's enough of you left to transform into a handgun!
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
  • One shall stand, one shall fall
  • That's how I roll.
  • Bah weep gra-nah weep ninni bong.
  • I can't explain the flames, they're just cool.
  • It is not our world, but it is our war. We must do what is right and protect the innocent. Autobots, roll out!
  • It's prime time!
  • Humans seem weak, but possess something stronger than anything Autobots or Decepticons can manufacture: spirit.
  • All sentient beings have the right to life, and these humans are no different. We must protect them, no matter the cost.
  • This is not our world, but it is now our responsibility.
  • I see the evils that men do. I am not blind. It's what they could do that I fight for.
  • There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.
  • Greatness is measured not by wealth, power, or strength, but by service, honor, and sacrifice.
  • Tyranny and injustice must always be fought, no matter how long the battle, or how far it may take you from home.
  • I thought you were made of sterner stuff, Megatron.
  • First, we crack the shell... then we crack the nuts inside.
  • Alpha Trion said there'd be days like this.
  • Humans have a myth about a man called the Ferryman, Megatron. You're about to meet him.
  • Freedom is the right of sentient beings.
  • Now all we need is a little energon... and a lot of luck.
  • Survival of the fittest? You're on the wrong side of the blaster to champion that, Decepticon.
  • If you truly believe I'll go down that easily, Megatron, you've already lost!
  • This world should learn from its own mistakes, not ours.
  • Be it machine or man, the defense of all that is good and sacred in the universe must be our common bond.
  • Autobots transform; let's roll.
  • As long as energon flows through these circuits, I will always be there to stop your attempts at tyranny.

One of the producers later admitted that the winning line was already in the movie before the contest, thus making it completely pointless.

The line about the "Ferryman" is loving godawful. It's not like all of them are winners but how the gently caress did that get in there?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

The line about the "Ferryman" is loving godawful. It's not like all of them are winners but how the gently caress did that get in there?

Well, y'see, it's cause some folk think Rumble is the blue one, and of course have all the accompanying opinions and such that go along with it. They got, like, wicked van murals, man.

That was a very lame attempt at a joke, please do not talk about Frenzy and Rumble's colors because of it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That was a very lame attempt at a joke, please do not talk about Frenzy and Rumble's colors because of it.
I’ll do what I want, you’re not my real dad! <:mad:>

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rumble is Red, FRenzy is Red.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Rumble is Red, FRenzy is Red.

Rumble is red,
Frenzy is too.
Neither cassette
Has ever been blue.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I was hoping for more jokes about being stuck in a rad 80's stereotype but okay.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Rumble is magenta and Frenzy is azure

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
If you play Frenzy's tape backwards it says "Rumble is Dead"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rumble is Red and Frenzy is Fuchsia

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Rumble (Blue) is blue, Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Frenzy (Red) is red.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
And BBTS is still taking forever to send me Rumble. Par for the course I guess.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If anyone is looking for the Top Gun Maverick mash up, Wal-Mart has it for $20 today

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That actually feels like a reasonable price.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Maverick feels really cheap though.Posing it is tough with its spindly legs and the plastic feels way too thin and light.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, that's the problem with that guy.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Also be aware that version does NOT include the volleyball.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'm just going to stick with my headcanon that Rumble and Frenzy regularly swap colors around to mess with people

Soundwave can always tell who is who though

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Well yeah, they'd have different albums on them.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Eyy, silver paint marker arrived today, so I've just finished customising my Bee.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
What figure is that again? It looks cute.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's KuBianBao Hornets Agent, which I understand is an OSKO of some other third party thing, possibly a Newage? Either way, it's up to Generations scale and it seemed like the only VW Bumblebee that it was reasonably possible to get at the time.

E: Found the one it's an OSKO of: Newage Flipper. It seems like KBB made a little change to the hands, which are the one weak point of Hornets Agent: The hands have a tiny little flat slot that's angled inwards for some reason. But on the other hand, they made the shoulder hinges yellow instead of black, so they blend in with the rest of the vehicle mode body, and they gave it working pinned wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjiyn7Fws2U

Dabir fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 12, 2023

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Phy posted:

Rumble is red,
Frenzy is too.
Neither cassette
Has ever been blue.

Frenzy is red
Lavender is Rumble