Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

Behold what Kevin Costner nuked his Yellowstone gig for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1KaJvDMlNc

Seems more like what he leveraged his Yellowstone gig into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W84OA1hnYp4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KVsaoveTbw

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I don't know. Not a wrestling guy but the look and feel is awesome. Apparently this director made a movie called The Nest after Martha Marcy May Marlene which was well reviewed and looks kinda great... did anyone see it? I never heard of it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That looks loving great!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thought it was going to be more like Heels but it looks great.

Efron is yoked btw

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Preparing myself for that movie to ruin my whole Christmas. There's few sadder stories in all of wrestling and that covers a lot of ground. It looks fantastic though.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yeah I saw The Nest on Netflix a few months ago and I enjoyed it - not quite what I was expecting as I'd heard it was an outright horror film but certain moments were pretty unsettling.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Carpet posted:

Yeah I saw The Nest on Netflix a few months ago and I enjoyed it - not quite what I was expecting as I'd heard it was an outright horror film but certain moments were pretty unsettling.

Word, thanks. I fell in love with Carrie Coon after watching The Leftovers but she's barely been in anything else of note (haven't seen her season of Fargo yet).

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Preparing myself for that movie to ruin my whole Christmas. There's few sadder stories in all of wrestling and that covers a lot of ground. It looks fantastic though.

I remember months back when a promotional photo was released, somebody said that wrestling fans were nervously side-eying everyone else like people who read the GOT books during the lead-up to the Red Wedding episode.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jewmanji posted:

Word, thanks. I fell in love with Carrie Coon after watching The Leftovers but she's barely been in anything else of note (haven't seen her season of Fargo yet).

You should get on that, she's great in it

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Best comment in that is "I just want Jeremy Allen White to be cast as a character with a stable family life." lmao

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

I don't know. Not a wrestling guy but the look and feel is awesome. Apparently this director made a movie called The Nest after Martha Marcy May Marlene which was well reviewed and looks kinda great... did anyone see it? I never heard of it.

Martha is shockingly great.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol hell yeah

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gavok posted:

I remember months back when a promotional photo was released, somebody said that wrestling fans were nervously side-eying everyone else like people who read the GOT books during the lead-up to the Red Wedding episode.

Yeah that's a perfect analogy. I had the same experience when they covered the Von Erichs on Dark Side of the Ring and my friends who don't watch wrestling but watched that series were constantly messaging me like 'What the gently caress, WHAT THE gently caress"

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah that's a perfect analogy. I had the same experience when they covered the Von Erichs on Dark Side of the Ring and my friends who don't watch wrestling but watched that series were constantly messaging me like 'What the gently caress, WHAT THE gently caress"

Seeing that Bruiser Brody and Gino Hernandez are in this makes me want a whole series of Dark Side of the Ring movies.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Between that, Foxcatcher and The Wrestler we’ve got lots of incredibly bummer wrestling movies to pick from

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The wrestling biopic I've always wanted to see is a black comedy take on Matt and Jeff Hardy that goes back and forth between the 90s and the 2010s where they're played by young heartthrobs in the former and middle-aged comedians in the latter.

With Will Ferrell as Sting.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Seems like a matter of time till we get a fluff piece biopic of Rick Flair that ignores all the heinous poo poo about him.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Doing a Hulk Hogan movie with the Hulkster in the present talking about how great he is and the flashbacks showing the reality of him being a carny piece of poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Shageletic posted:

Martha is shockingly great.

Seconding this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

algebra testes posted:

Doing a Hulk Hogan movie with the Hulkster in the present talking about how great he is and the flashbacks showing the reality of him being a carny piece of poo poo.

I've seen an idea of doing a Hogan movie in the wacky style of the Weird Al biopic where all of his wild claims are true. Elvis watching him wrestle, partying with John Belushi, playing for Metallica, beating a 12-year-old Undertaker in MMA, Andre dying a day after Hogan bodyslammed him, etc.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Wasn't Todd Phillips supposed to make a Hulk Hogan movie with Chris Hemsworth?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tui5vl13Gqg

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well that leaves me even more confused lol.

Is this fully scripted or partly, like bad grandpa?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
What do you mean not fully scripted (I don't know anything about Bad Grandpa)?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

What do you mean not fully scripted (I don't know anything about Bad Grandpa)?

bad grandpa is a jackass prank movie with a handful of scripted scenes that construct a loose narrative

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Ah, thanks. This looks fully scripted to me but who knows?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

The takedown of Chip and Joanna Gaines we've been waiting for.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

this is incredibly hype, oh my god

love the energy of this

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

knew this was going to be good but i'm still taken aback.

she's done a lot of great stuff but this phase of Emma Stone's career is really incredible, this and Poor Things dropping at the same time is just killer.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this looks bananas

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
btw if you watch that trailer and think it looks cool and haven't seen the rehearsal you need to go do that immediately

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Snooze Cruise posted:

btw if you watch that trailer and think it looks cool and haven't seen the rehearsal you need to go do that immediately

The Rehearsal is literally the weirdest and most baffling thing I have ever seen on TV. Every episode had me wondering how things could escalate and how he pulled any of this off in the first place.

It feels like HBO just rolled in a dump truck of money and said "Give us 6 episodes of whatever you want" and then just put it on air.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I didn't like the rehearsal. I felt so bad for that guy in the first episode. I think he sued Nathan Fielder too for making him look like a dumbass

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i do not think kor sued nathan.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

If he didn't he shoulda. Objectively a dumbass so he would've lost but it would be a move

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

prolly a mix of both considering everyone involved

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Rehearsal is like if you took the most excruciating parts of Nathan For You, and then amped it up tenfold. It is a seriously potent vector for psychic damage. It physically hurt my brain to watch. I loved it, and cannot wait for his next master work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
surprised how decent this looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vO4AKM_KGg