Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
watching Gaza Fights For Freedom right now and getting real pissed off :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

watching Gaza Fights For Freedom right now and getting real pissed off :(

read garth ennis' children of israel to cheer you up!

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what is trump's beef with netanyahu anyways? just acknowledging that biden is president? nobody sucked more trump taint than netanyahu

i think specifically trump was mad that bibi took some credit for killing sulemani

alternatively trump knows a sleazy criminal when he sees one :thunk:

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
I went to the weed shop w/ my sister an hour ago, and i got in the car and lil sis was on the speakerphone w/ big sis. She asks what Hamas is and if the 40 babies/glyding into concerts etc is true.

Lil sis proudly told her not watch any msnbc, or cnn. Told her to google Sinn Fein Palestine if she wanted cliff notes. My heart :)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

active ongoing genocide doers being sent happy meals

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Fighting Elegy posted:

What should I say to my very nice 85 year old Jewish grandma who supports Israel when I see her this weekend? I don't really know what's going on but I'm guessing Hamas did an attack on civilians and Israel responded by killing 100s or thousands of civilians with some flimsy justifications to suggest they weren't innocent? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly my grandma doesn't have that many years left so it doesn't really matter what she thinks any way, but she's usually a very smart nice lady who i love very much. I guess I'll just say "but come on, we know why Hamas is doing attack, there are reasons."

just tell her this is all that sleazy criminal netanyahus fault

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Weka posted:

Lol that's moronic, those people hadn't undergone Arabization 2000 years ago, before the Arab conquests.

Ethnonationalists tend to reach way back to build millennia old mythologies of the people who belong to the soil of a certain area because they're mostly trying to fit modern borders over some imagined grand cultural traditions. The key is that it's entirely synthetic, so you can ignore other historical facts or if challenged say "Ah but those were colonizers repressing the true culture" or "Those people were subjects of Byzantium" depending on your audience.

The selectivity around which facts and histories are valid are just about solving backwards from "Actually this land belongs to this group and anyone else on it is a guest at best."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
god i should just say im in the idf to get free poo poo from rubes

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

time for kanye to make an appearance dressed like a bug Pokemon trainer holding a chocolate beverage

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/samfbiddle/status/1712620662408495113?s=20

for the multiple people that keep asking about this stuff i guess

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Al! posted:

I bet the dude in coos bay who sells all the trump and gadsden and thin blue line flags would be able to hook you up with an israel flag

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Al! posted:

Id(ga)f

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Red Baron posted:

can’t even get through thanksgiving without seeing day of jihad decorations everywhere

hanging a miniature hamas guerilla paraglider pinwheel on the porch for the day of jihad

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Jesus loving christ

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

PawParole posted:

Palestinians are basically genetically identical to Jewish people, they’re just the people who remained behind after the Exodus.

More specifically, they are very close to the Jews that stayed in Palastine after the centuries; some converted to Orthodox Christianity (there has always been Christian Palestinians), and others to Islam. If you rolled everything back to 1920, almost everyone in Palestine was closely related to each other, besides some smaller populations from other parts of the Middle East.

There was clearly been a broad divergence since then, as Jews from Western and Eastern Europe and the United States came to Palestine to settle it, and they were much farther away than the people who were already there, regardless of their religion.

This is when the settlers invented a story that they were "coming home" after 1600 years, when it was simply open colonization of the people to live there regardless of their religion. Muslims before the settlement project usually got a long with their other neighbors and it wasn't a huge issue until that point.

The US specifically has always promoted colonization because it clearly gives them more control in the region, including keeping ammo depots there and having air bases available for use.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 01:56 on Oct 13, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

i think specifically trump was mad that bibi took some credit for killing sulemani

alternatively trump knows a sleazy criminal when he sees one :thunk:

Game recognize game

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Edgelord Hyperbole like this is going wind up getting somebody hurt or on an FBI watchlist

You could've just said Free Palestine and left it at that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol chainprobe targeting information received

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I would very much prefer it if Israel no longer was a nation

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Edgelord Hyperbole like this is going wind up getting somebody hurt or on an FBI watchlist

Shut up bitch

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gut wrenching

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Weka posted:

They say get a job you love and you will never work a day in your life. Jihadis stay winning.

Also I don't know if it came up but looks like slow mode is over, I've been making posts 2 mins apart.

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1622017427755212803?s=20

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ardennes posted:

More specifically they are very close to the Jews that stayed in Palastine after the centuries, some converted to Orthodox Christianity (they are Christian Palastinians) and others to Islam. If you rolled everything back to 1920, almost everyone in Palastine was closely related to each other besides some smaller populations from other parts of the Middle East.

There was clearly a broad divergence since then as Jews from Western and Eastern Europe and the United States came to Palestine to settle it, and they were much farther away than the people who were already there, regardless of their religion.

This is when the settlers invented a story that they were "coming home" after 1600 years when it was simply open colonization of the people to live there regardless of their religion. Muslims before the settlement project usually got a long with their other neighbors and it wasn't a huge issue until that point.

Admittedly without knowing a lot of details about Palestine pre-state of Israel, it reminds me a lot of Manifest Destiny tropes from a century ago: this was an "untamed" continent full of "savages" before the white man came and "civilized" it with "western values", etc.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ardennes posted:

More specifically they are very close to the Jews that stayed in Palastine after the centuries, some converted to Orthodox Christianity (they are Christian Palastinians) and others to Islam. If you rolled everything back to 1920, almost everyone in Palastine was closely related to each other besides some smaller populations from other parts of the Middle East.

There was clearly a broad divergence since then as Jews from Western and Eastern Europe and the United States came to Palestine to settle it, and they were much farther away than the people who were already there, regardless of their religion.

This is when the settlers invented a story that they were "coming home" after 1600 years when it was simply open colonization of the people to live there regardless of their religion. Muslims before the settlement project usually got a long with their other neighbors and it wasn't a huge issue until that point.

Even European Jews are more closely related to Palestinians than they are to Russians however (besides Subbotniks and other converts).

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
glad thread has been allowed to cook again

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Another Congressman warns people about Jihad Day
https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/status/1712624203696877707

The Conservative Party of Canada has asked for the RCMP to mobilize for Jihad Day
https://twitter.com/MelissaLantsman/status/1712223421583499564

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Voice of Labor posted:

read garth ennis

Crossed should have been a sign, and a warning.

libera te tutemet ex inferis

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Atrocious Joe posted:

Another Congressman warns people about Jihad Day
https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/status/1712624203696877707

The Conservative Party of Canada has asked for the RCMP to mobilize for Jihad Day
https://twitter.com/MelissaLantsman/status/1712223421583499564

god can you imagine how cool it would be if jihad day wasn't just some social media tulpa. instead we get this lovely day where a bunch of mosques will get attacked and random brown people hurt

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"The dangerous and hateful rhetoric from Hamas John Brown terrorists inciting violence this Friday around the world at Harper's Ferry must be taken seriously. They have already inspired large protests in support of their evil acts. All levels of government MUST ensure adequate security and protective measures are in place for Jewish schools, synagogues, and community centres slaver owners and their plantations across the country. "

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

cenotaph posted:

So what are everyone's plans for the GLOBAL DAY OF JIHAD?

gonna get loving WASTED baby YEAH!!!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
mounties vs jihadis? i know who im betting on

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Sandra Lee's "Global Day Of Jihad" cake tutorial

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

(newsman voice) hamas is holding more than 100 hostages [panning over walled in city of 2 million, where nobody can leave, being indiscriminately bombed]

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If people in the US or UK would like to join rallies in solidarity with Palestine there is a good thread by PYM, an organization of Palestinian youth organizing for liberation
https://twitter.com/palyouthmvmt/status/1712593751439208925

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

i hope that the post that gets somebody a visit from the fbi is a wall of text that gets quoted by somebody that calls them gay and then mods delete the post so that the FBI has to print out and show OP the quote calling them gay

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

smarxist posted:

Sandra Lee's "Global Day Of Jihad" cake tutorial

the day of jihad cake is like a king cake, but with a twist!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

If people in the US or UK would like to join rallies in solidarity with Palestine there is a good thread by PYM, an organization of Palestinian youth organizing for liberation
https://twitter.com/palyouthmvmt/status/1712593751439208925

e:
This is great.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 02:12 on Oct 13, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Admittedly without knowing a lot of details about Palestine pre-state of Israel, it reminds me a lot of Manifest Destiny tropes from a century ago: this was an "untamed" continent full of "savages" before the white man came and "civilized" it with "western values", etc.

heheh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_land_without_a_people_for_a_people_without_a_land

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
quote this post if you remember "marching against the iraq war" after 9/11 and if this feels very familiar

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

cspam, virgin: afraid they’ll make a post so bad the fbi visits

d&d, chad: hopes they’ll make a post so good that the fbi visits to give them a medal