Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

:d2a:DEATH TO ISRAEL:d2a:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

PawParole posted:

Even European Jews are more closely related to Palestinians than they are to Russians however (besides Subbotniks and other converts).

It really goes back and forth and each study has a different result, I think the latest data was about 40-60% similarity to neighboring European populations, with the remainder made up of genetics closer to the Levant. So it is kind of 50-50 at this point (also it depends on the country/region etc). It is like after 1,500 years Irish-American from Boston landed in Dublin and started pointing guns in everyone's faced and claiming Ireland for themselves.

It is just that the Jewish populations that stayed in Palestine are far higher than that.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

quote this post if you remember "marching against the iraq war" after 9/11 and if this feels very familiar

LMAO

oh this is what those fallout intros mean

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chick fil A is still good, right?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

Shut up bitch

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ardennes posted:

It is like after 1,500 years Irish-American from Boston landed in Dublin and started pointing guns in everyone's faced and claiming Ireland for themselves.

thanks for writing this indelibly into future history

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

idf getting chicken nuggies as a reward for genocide

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Smythe posted:

quote this post if you remember "marching against the iraq war" after 9/11 and if this feels very familiar

LMAO

At least at the Iraq war protests in February and March of 2003 I got to see my high school history teacher handing out the Worker's Vangaurd lol, that was a fun revelation. But yeah that set of protests taught me that 'peaceful protest' is completely useless, and that even with parade permits and everything the cops will attack you and arrest you.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

jesus loving christ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Oldest Man posted:

there must always be an israel/palestine

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ardennes posted:

It is like after 1,500 years Irish-American from Boston landed in Dublin and started pointing guns in everyone's faced and claiming Ireland for themselves.

lol

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

idf getting big macs for making orphans

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Buddykins posted:

:d2a:DEATH TO ISRAEL:d2a:

wode
Dec 8, 2015

Ardennes posted:

More specifically, they are very close to the Jews that stayed in Palastine after the centuries; some converted to Orthodox Christianity (there has always been Christian Palestinians), and others to Islam. If you rolled everything back to 1920, almost everyone in Palestine was closely related to each other, besides some smaller populations from other parts of the Middle East.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans#Samaritan_origins_of_Palestinian_Muslims_in_Nablus

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east...ff-ffdba9090000

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Edgelord Hyperbole like this is going wind up getting somebody hurt or on an FBI watchlist

You could've just said Free Palestine and left it at that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The FBI's not going to be bothering with these dead forums right now. They're going to be going after autistic people to try and get them to make bomb threats for tomorrow so the FBI can arrest them as terrorists in order to justify their own budget.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

Despite my previous postings about ethnonationalists, I am 100% behind Scottish and Irish right of return and also England should be forced to give back more land as reparations for causing the diaspora

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

smarxist posted:

can we make it 2?

GGGN!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BearsBearsBears posted:

The FBI's not going to be bothering with these dead forums right now. They're going to be going after autistic people

:thunk:

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

FBI is working over time right now trying to honeypot a young arab-american man into a crime.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the plastic paddy reconqista, all natural born irish forced to wear a shamrock and buckle hat with red wig

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
hearing reports that Hamas fighters are about to ghostride the whip

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Telluric Whistler posted:

Despite my previous postings about ethnonationalists, I am 100% behind Scottish and Irish right of return and also England should be forced to give back more land as reparations for causing the diaspora

Look if you want land in Ireland, just invade it again fair and square like the British did. And the Normans. And the Vikings. And the Celts. And the Vikings, but different Vikings that time.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

pandy fackler posted:

is this what it was like after 911 if you were an late-teen who understood what was going on?

yep

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
some republican multimillionaire has doxxed everyone who has been a member of my dsa chapter's leadership, including my wife. and posted the list on twitter

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

fermun posted:

some republican multimillionaire has doxxed everyone who has been a member of my dsa chapter's leadership, including my wife. and posted the list on twitter

that sucks, sorry to hear that

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

PawParole posted:

Even European Jews are more closely related to Palestinians than they are to Russians however (besides Subbotniks and other converts).

That's quite different to genetically identical, which Ashkenazim most certainly are not. I doubt Sephardim are either, and that's most of Israeli Jewish ancestry.

Telluric Whistler posted:

Ethnonationalists tend to reach way back to build millennia old mythologies of the people who belong to the soil of a certain area because they're mostly trying to fit modern borders over some imagined grand cultural traditions. The key is that it's entirely synthetic, so you can ignore other historical facts or if challenged say "Ah but those were colonizers repressing the true culture" or "Those people were subjects of Byzantium" depending on your audience.

The selectivity around which facts and histories are valid are just about solving backwards from "Actually this land belongs to this group and anyone else on it is a guest at best."

I mean in the case of the Levant most people's genes are very similar to the people living there 3000 years ago.
Not that this stuff matters to how people should be treated today.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

It's a piece of cake to bake a yellow cake
If the way's israeli
You gotta do the cooking by the book
You know you can't be lazy!
Always use islamophobic imagery
The cake will end up crazy
If you do the cooking by the book
Then you'll have a genocide

fermun posted:

gently caress i hope you're safe

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Al! posted:

the plastic paddy reconqista, all natural born irish forced to wear a shamrock and buckle hat with red wig

thats it the wendys corporation has gone too far

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fermun posted:

:discourse:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fermun posted:

you should sue them. they have a lot of money

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Beeftweeter posted:

you should sue them. they have a lot of money

doxing is free protected speech if you're doing it against leftists

speng31b
May 8, 2010

fermun posted:

sorry friend please stay safe

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Frosted Flake posted:

Crossed should have been a sign, and a warning.

libera te tutemet ex inferis

how do you conjugate inferis to be hellblazer?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the whole cule...

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fermun posted:

that sucks rear end man, im sorry

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

fermun posted:

predicting that we're gonna see a WHOLE LOT more of this poo poo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Smythe posted:

LMAO

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Australian police are threatening to use extraordinary powers to deter participation in a pro-Palestine rally
https://twitter.com/6NewsAU/status/1712623756219404594

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

they did that
https://theintercept.com/2023/06/15/fbi-undercover-isis-teenager-terrorist/
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a47390/alabama-isis-peyton-pruitt/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1712151284868919572?s=20