Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Vox Nihili posted:

Some nutjob is going to decide that one of these protests is a "Global Day of Jihad" thing and hurt people

that's their goal, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vox Nihili posted:

Some nutjob is going to decide that one of these protests is a "Global Day of Jihad" thing and hurt people

why would you say something like this

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jfruh/status/1712583398534095044?t=UV4eG1QAEhGhTwJgzn2Eaw&s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why would you say something like this

Because it's what keeps happening

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

stfu

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol these insane demons

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what a hilarious thing to do if it were a bit, just go to little stupid pow wows of loser freak candidates and when they say some run of the mill boilerplate fascism just get all indignant and leave dramatically

"i say SAAAAH,"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
how the hell do they expect 1 million people to move in 24 hours and all get packed into an even smaller area with the border still closed with egypt!?

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Vox Nihili posted:

That's the point. Government disinformation is linking protesters to "jihadists" - basically scary word for brown bad guys. Theyre trying to otherize all opposition. We are watching a global disinformation campaign unlike anything I've seen since probably 2003 Iraq war lead up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Brogeoisie posted:

That's the point. Government disinformation is linking protesters to "jihadists" - basically scary word for brown bad guys. Theyre trying to otherize all opposition. We are watching a global disinformation campaign unlike anything I've seen since probably 2003 Iraq war lead up

this feels much more frantic and bloodlust-y than back then

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

doom eternal looking bitch

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Hamas has WMDs (really sick paramotors)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fighting Elegy posted:

What should I say to my very nice 85 year old Jewish grandma who supports Israel when I see her this weekend? I don't really know what's going on but I'm guessing Hamas did an attack on civilians and Israel responded by killing 100s or thousands of civilians with some flimsy justifications to suggest they weren't innocent? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly my grandma doesn't have that many years left so it doesn't really matter what she thinks any way, but she's usually a very smart nice lady who i love very much. I guess I'll just say "but come on, we know why Hamas is doing attack, there are reasons."

You go uh huh, yep, sures bad granny. my go to my humane stance for normal ppl is very simple. i neither codone nor condemn. asking me to reflect on the moral character of hamas soldiers who stepped out of a concentration camp for the first time in their life is a complete waste of my time.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/natemcdermott/status/1712663298611519949?s=20

DTI

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i say swears online posted:

Lol it does not.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vox Nihili posted:

why would the thought of that even cross your mind?

you don’t have to be like drat someone’s going to shoot up this protest huh?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Is Ron DeSantis trying to turn himself into Fat Homelander

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

The Oldest Man posted:

Is Ron DeSantis trying to turn himself into Fat Homelander

he's standing in front of an industrial dessert freezer so probably

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

In Training posted:

Call your grandma a stupid lib and make the Awesome face.

yep

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Brogeoisie posted:

idk, russia/ukraine has been pretty bad, especially since the euroids are a lot more anti-russian than anti-palestinian.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

i think specifically trump was mad that bibi took some credit for killing sulemani

alternatively trump knows a sleazy criminal when he sees one :thunk:

I think part of it was that trump thought bibi was going to be ride or die on the 'stolen election' claim because he'd been very pro-Trump and anti-Obama (and also he had been besties with Kushner's criminal dad). So Trump was very surprised when Bibi refused to get involved in the stolen election nonsense and Trump took the betrayal personally. There was something about Obama that made Bibi hate him so much, hard to say what made Obama different than all the other American presidents that Bibi was happy to get along with.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/_fat_ugly_rat_/status/1712661390173847578?t=60oK_rNERDxbjuaeVckR3w&s=19

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

yes sir I can work on Jihad day, I'm taking a direct flight to the office as we speak

gonna start the day with a bang!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Someone cancelled their appointment tomorrow at the dentist office Mrs. Gumball works at because of the "fatwa".

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
calling out of work tomorrow because i've been targeted in a jihad

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Part of the reason for lovely American suburbs was a strategic military aim to reduce how effective (nuclear) bombing was as a tactic

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just wanted to say that Majorian's probe in the D&D thread, and really the reason for it, is the most dumb, bullshit, galaxy-brained D&D nonsense

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Someone cancelled their appointment at the dentist office Mrs. Gumball works at because of the "fatwa".

I've called out of work and will be sitting in the basement all day

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Honky Mao posted:

Hamas will win

Hamas and Hezbollah are gonna touch tips (of the spear)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

more like rebuild a city

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

how the hell do they expect 1 million people to move in 24 hours and all get packed into an even smaller area with the border still closed with egypt!?

Ever seen the machine that grinds meat into mince?

Not exactly that but something like that.

A tinned sardines analogy could also apply.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ikanreed posted:

Part of the reason for lovely American suburbs was a strategic military aim to reduce how effective (nuclear) bombing was as a tactic

I think this is an (sub)urban legend. the real reason was to maximize profit and alienation so americans would be good little consumers retreating to the man's castle feifdom with a picket fence while also maximizing profit returns on land.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SourKraut posted:

Just wanted to say that Majorian's probe in the D&D thread, and really the reason for it, is the most dumb, bullshit, galaxy-brained D&D nonsense

CSPAM might have posters that think i'm an idiot but I'm smart enough to never post in D&D anymore.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Posting in D&D should automatically result in a 24-hour probe because you're not helping yourself or anyone else.

e:

mcmagic posted:

CSPAM might have posters that think i'm an idiot but I'm smart enough to never post in D&D anymore.

even this idiot gets it

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

i say swears online posted:

Yes, it does.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gumball Gumption posted:

Someone cancelled their appointment tomorrow at the dentist office Mrs. Gumball works at because of the "fatwa".

I'm trying this tomorrow wish me luck

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
We are entering WW3 territory now. If Israel slaughters Gaza City the neighbors might get involved.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

imagine an average american suburb resident being put into a gaza sized city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

:vince:

getfiscal's got a new challenger