Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Everyone's just going completely mask off at the moment.

The reaction by most of our politicians to this weekend, and the coverage by our media makes it clear that the liberals are ready for a Solution to the Palestinian Problem.

Mette Frederiksen continues her streak of being wrong on literally every issue. Her government is pausing aid to Palestine, and openly airing the idea of cutting it permanently.

I guess a degree in Africa Studies doesn't cover South Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Esran posted:

I guess a degree in Africa Studies doesn't cover South Africa.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Or in this case, decide that maybe a country should not built itself around the idea of inferior peoples.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's important to underline exactly what the braindead shot putter is actually saying here: He is saying to deport children born in Denmark to Palestinian parents for the crime of having Palestinian blood in their veins.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

SplitSoul posted:

It's important to underline exactly what the braindead shot putter is actually saying here: He is saying to deport children born in Denmark to Palestinian parents for the crime of having Palestinian blood in their veins.

it genuinely surprised me to see how thoroughly palestine was thrown under the bus by the talking classes. in norway, at least, there's a clear tradition of solidarity with palestine, including the armed resistance - this presently seems largely absent. most of the press focus is on hamas massacres, and not on the broader context of the war - including israeli atrocities of revenge.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

V. Illych L. posted:

it genuinely surprised me to see how thoroughly palestine was thrown under the bus by the talking classes. in norway, at least, there's a clear tradition of solidarity with palestine, including the armed resistance - this presently seems largely absent. most of the press focus is on hamas massacres, and not on the broader context of the war - including israeli atrocities of revenge.

i think its the disciplinary effects of the war in ukraine

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

It's almost like something happened during the previous decade that made it difficult to defend people that shoots unarmed teenagers during an event.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Alhazred posted:

It's almost like something happened during the previous decade that made it difficult to defend people that shoots unarmed teenagers during an event.

That's a nice way to describe Palestinian children in Gaza... You would think the Ukrainan comparison would make it harder to support oppression and murder.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alhazred posted:

I was about to make fun of you for comparing Breivik to people who've been subjected to ethnic cleansing and indiscriminate bombing for more than half a century, but I'm just going to call you a loving retard instead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
ACAB, and that includes forum cops doing a drive-by

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Alhazred posted:

Are you talking about Israeli soldiers shooting, killing and maiming Palestinian teenagers when they participated in protests?

Haaretz posted:

'42 Knees in One Day': Israeli Snipers Open Up About Shooting Gaza Protesters
Over 200 Palestinians were killed and nearly 8,000 were injured during almost two years of weekly protests at the Israel-Gaza border. Israeli army snipers tell their stories

The mass demonstrations on Israel’s border with the Strip began on Land Day, in March 2018, and continued on a weekly basis until this past January. These ongoing confrontations, in protest of Israel’s siege of Gaza, exacted the lives of 215 demonstrators, while 7,996 were wounded by live ammunition, according to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. Despite the large number of casualties, the grim protests and responses along the fence continued unabated for nearly two years, until it was decided to reduce the frequency to once a month. Yet even in real time, the violent Friday afternoon ritual provoked little public interest in Israel. Similarly, the international condemnations – from allegations of the use of disproportionate force to accusations that Israel was perpetrating massacres – faded like so much froth on the waves.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...ff-f2dab2520000
The article is archived on archive.is

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Alhazred posted:

i think this is a pretty contemptible post tbh

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Alhazred posted:

:chloe:

Some people have a tendency to forget the everyday violence, and only remember the unusual events.

Hamas shoots some ravers? Scandal.

Israel bombs the poo poo out of residential areas? Meh, been done.

Esran fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 12, 2023

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
That people/media focus on current massacres rather than the big picture of decades of systemic oppression, is like the least surprising thing to me. The biggest surprise to me, is that someone thought it was a good idea to launch something like this. Maybe a show of power works locally for recruitment or whatever, but at first glance, globally/internationally it seems to be a huge own goal. The stories of gunmen going door to door killing civilians and ripping through a dance party is hard to explain away with a “they totally had it coming” or “they started it!” no matter how true it might be. Maybe it’ll force Israel to the negotiating table, maybe it’ll push the already flailing netanyahu government over the edge, but it certainly looks like an ‘attack first and lose’ strategy.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
It doesn't matter. Palestine has been down that road. Being submissive and peacefully agitating for peace only ever got them a less visible genocide.

You are going to have some people wringing their hands about any revolt, no matter what it looks like.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
From the analysis I've seen, I think the two big factors were that they were expecting a lot more resistance and ended up doing far more damage than they had planned, and that they figured the world didn't care about dead civilians and that they would only provoke Israel itself.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

This is not the I/P thread.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/akesson-ska-kunna-lasa-in-utan-misstanke-pa-obestamd-tid

Choo choo all aboard the fascism train!

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

It's so nice that media gives Åkesson, a swarm of cockroaches in a human skin suit, a platform for every halfbaked 3 AM brainfart that ferments in his fascist head.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
R.I.P. Jon Hustad. En av de få norske journalistene man virkelig kunne respektere.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Alhazred posted:

You're a really disgusting person

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Chickpea Roar posted:

You're a really disgusting person

No hes not. It might have been a stupid post (I dont really understand where he wanted to go with it), but it doesn`t make him a disgusting person.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
The social democrat dismantling of the welfare state continues.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/flertal-indfoerer-37-timers-arbejdspligt-kontanthjaelpsmodtagere

quote:

Vi ønsker at sende et meget klart signal om, at når man kommer til Danmark, så forventer vi noget af dig, og så skal du arbejde, hvis du på nogen måde kan

At least they're solving a real problem, and not just getting together with the other nazi parties to poo poo on immigrants for no reason

quote:

I et notat fra beskæftigelesministeriet, som DR har set, anslås det, at 300 fuldstidspersoner vil komme i beskæftigelse som følge af aftalen.

Also lol, rip young people who might want to travel

quote:

Man bliver omfattet af arbejdspligten, hvis man ikke opfylder to krav: Et krav om at have opholdt sig i Danmark i 9 ud af de seneste 10 år, og et krav om fuldtidsbeskæftiglse i 2,5 af de seneste 10 år.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Also I'm assuming there will be no help actually getting a job, something that is far from trivial if you don't speak the language and don't know the system.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
No carrot. Only stick!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

And I'm thinking of my former Danish students. The older commercial real estate agent (I think, he didn't speak enough Danish to really explain) from Syria who knew he didn't have a chance in that game and tried his best getting cleaning jobs based on his experience as a teenager or something. Just a guy willing to take whatever basically, but unable to get it because he didn't know how to and especially no one wanted to hire an old guy with no language competency and essentially no skills.

It's bad is what I'm saying.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

I wonder if the racists know that the absolute majority of refugees and asylum seekers and immigrants actually /want/ to be a productive members of the society they escaped to, and the reason they don’t get the chance to (we’d live to hire you but your name is Mohammad) is racism.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Last time they discussed doing this, some journalists talked to one of the people this is targeting. That person had been a social worker who was assaulted at work, and quit as a result. When she tried to get her case worker to help her find another job in her field, the case worker wasn't really interested, and suggested she should work as a cleaning lady.

The cruelty is the point. Racists would be doing this no matter what they knew. There's a huge focus in this proposal on making sure everyone understands this is about "non-western" immigrants.

The law gives the nazis what they want, and also fits in well with Mette Frederiksens ethos of "the purpose of your life is to provide labor". A true bipartisan achievement :v:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

if any of you are interested in something awful wrestling but has a problem with it starting at 3 am here, today is the first "worldwide" event that starts at in just a few minutes

you can watch it here

in local politics new, our local L voted against putting op an israeli flag infront of the rådhus and supported the V/MP motion against it, good of them but they are getting a lot of criticism for it

Megamissen fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 15, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Two swedes shot dead in Brussels by some ISIS-jerk:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/svenskar-ihjalskjutna-i-bryssel?inlagg=63f9defb9065fe28789bb6d01ec626ee

No doubt someone is already booking new book burnings, that’ll show them.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Just a heads up to the swedes, tomorrow V is holding protests against Israels occupation, in Stockholm and Gothenburg start at 1800 and Malmö at 17:30.

Below are the facebook pages with relevant info

Stockholm:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1566990527395683/?link_id=9c2b3598-4bf2-4a6e-9cd0-9de112afa453

Gothenburg:
https://www.facebook.com/events/790388669511043?link_id=9c2b3598-4bf2-4a6e-9cd0-9de112afa453

Malmö:
https://www.facebook.com/events/650211833865289/?link_id=9c2b3598-4bf2-4a6e-9cd0-9de112afa453

Would be nice if it got a crowd

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I think a lot of swedes will be anti-islam now, more so than usual

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lol, every time.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/live/udland/2023-10-16-terrorangreb-i-belgien

quote:

Han var i forvejen kendt af politiet og sikkerhedstjenesten i Belgien. Han opholdt sig desuden ulovligt i Belgien, hvilket politiet også skulle være bekendt med. [...] Myndighederne vidste allerede, at Abdesalem Lassoued var involveret i menneskesmugling og udgjorde en trussel mod statens sikkerhed [...] Desuden blev belgierne allerede i 2016 advaret om Abdesalem Lassoued, som en udenlandsk polititjeneste mente havde en "radikaliseret profil" og ville begå jihad.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

McCloud posted:

Just a heads up to the swedes, tomorrow V is holding protests against Israels occupation, in Stockholm and Gothenburg start at 1800 and Malmö at 17:30.

Below are the facebook pages with relevant info

Stockholm:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1566990527395683/?link_id=9c2b3598-4bf2-4a6e-9cd0-9de112afa453

Gothenburg:
https://www.facebook.com/events/790388669511043?link_id=9c2b3598-4bf2-4a6e-9cd0-9de112afa453

Malmö:
https://www.facebook.com/events/650211833865289/?link_id=9c2b3598-4bf2-4a6e-9cd0-9de112afa453

Would be nice if it got a crowd

Dude talking is a real loving sleeping pill

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Collapsing Farts posted:

I think a lot of swedes will be anti-islam now, more so than usual

Oh no. And such a good religion too.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm reading bård wormdal's book rn and did you guys know that a very substantial part - potentially more than half - of the norwegian intelligence service's budget is directly funded by the US

this seems like a non-optimal way of doing things

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Von Pluring posted:

Oh no. And such a good religion too.

gently caress off

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm reading bård wormdal's book rn and did you guys know that a very substantial part - potentially more than half - of the norwegian intelligence service's budget is directly funded by the US

this seems like a non-optimal way of doing things
I mean, they're gonna be working for them anyway, so might as well have them share the cost.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Potrzebie posted:

gently caress off

You gently caress off. It’s a loving world religion. It must be ok to criticize, along with the others.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Von Pluring posted:

You gently caress off. It’s a loving world religion. It must be ok to criticize, along with the others.

Yes it is ok to criticize Islam. Your one-liner is not that. If you ment to sarcastically imply that all religion is bad you need to spell it out more clearly for me to understand. I'm that kind of dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Potrzebie posted:

Yes it is ok to criticize Islam. Your one-liner is not that. If you ment to sarcastically imply that all religion is bad you need to spell it out more clearly for me to understand. I'm that kind of dumb.

Sorry, that's what I meant. The post I replied to said anti-islam, not anti-muslim.