Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Hey friends... despite the AV, I've been out of the GCCX watching game for about a decade now and it looks like the OP is about that old as well.

Quick question: where are new translated episodes posted in 2023?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you for the new video!

Yet another banger of a banner, thank you very much zari-gani! It's crazy how much it warms my Finnish heart to see our flag represented yet again in this weird, niche little way.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

testtubebaby posted:

Hey friends... despite the AV, I've been out of the GCCX watching game for about a decade now and it looks like the OP is about that old as well.

The files are over on nyaa.si. Announcements of new episodes eventually make their way to this thread, or you can follow the social media accounts of the active translation groups: https://twitter.com/LSKachoSubs and https://twitter.com/CanyonGoose

Since I've given up on that hellsite I mostly get my announcements from here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

as I only follow this thread, does anyone know of any recent releases that weren't posted here?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QH1cQWmXlY

Airing at 6:00 AM EST tomorrow, crossover between Masahiro Sakurai's game dev channel and GCCX.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Alxprit posted:

Airing at 6:00 AM EST tomorrow, crossover between Masahiro Sakurai's game dev channel and GCCX.
Worth noting that Sakurai's side of the crossover will be fully translated. He mentioned on Twitter that it was originally going to be JP only, but the 8-4 team who do the English versions of his videos insisted. So that's less work for the assorted scouts and poultry hanging around here...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

hexwren posted:

as I only follow this thread, does anyone know of any recent releases that weren't posted here?

The Nyaa link above takes you to a search for "Game Center" which I believe is capturing most everything. Here's what I see for 2023 releases:

I am pretty sure these all got posted in the thread.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

The Nyaa link above takes you to a search for "Game Center" which I believe is capturing most everything. Here's what I see for 2023 releases:

I am pretty sure these all got posted in the thread.

How do you pull that up? Whenever I try to access nyaa.si, chrome won't let me open it

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Stefan Prodan posted:

How do you pull that up? Whenever I try to access nyaa.si, chrome won't let me open it

Sounds like your ISP is blocking it.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
AT&T hates the Kacho!!!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

AT&T hates the Kacho!!!

Opera has a built-in VPN you can turn on that'll let you in to Nyaa.si. It's the only reason I have it installed.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
First episode on Sakurai's side is up, the start of a whistle-stop tour through 25 arcade games released between 1978-1987.

The first episode on Arino's side will premiere in an hour and will involve Super Smash Bros N64.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISvToVZSqU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Kurui Reiten posted:

Opera has a built-in VPN you can turn on that'll let you in to Nyaa.si. It's the only reason I have it installed.
Loads okay in Tor Browser as well.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Wow, Major Havoc! That was such a bizarre game, with tons of hidden depth. It was never my favorite, but I dropped more than a few quarters into it back in the day (yo). I'm impressed they're going to be covering it!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

Wow, Major Havoc! That was such a bizarre game, with tons of hidden depth. It was never my favorite, but I dropped more than a few quarters into it back in the day (yo). I'm impressed they're going to be covering it!

Sakurai seems to have wider tastes in games than I expected. I knew he was a buff even beyond the usual aspects that you'd expect from someone who has a decades long career as a game designer, but Atari vector stuff is a deep cut for Japanese players.

I noticed for other games they were playing Hamster's Arcade Archive series, but they didn't say how they were playing Asteroids. I suspect it's off of Atari 50, but that hasn't been released in Japan which means that Sakurai imported it...

Edit: Turns out Atari 50 was released in Japan, just not physically. So he didn't go through that many hoops at least.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 13, 2023

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Sakurai has a pretty massive personal games collection, including a lot of games from outside of Japan.

Random Stranger posted:

Edit: Turns out Atari 50 was released in Japan, just not physically. So he didn't go through that many hoops at least.
I vaguely remember people complaining about the bad Japanese translation, but "Atari" and "bad Japanese translation" have been synonymous since the early 80s so at least it's canon!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Kins posted:

Sakurai has a pretty massive personal games collection, including a lot of games from outside of Japan.

I've seen the photos of his Famicom and PC Engine collection that he's posted and they're pretty respectable collections though he does put labels on his carts...

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
All these years and I never knew that tip about climbing ladders in Donkey Kong :monocle:

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023

testtubebaby posted:

There is a user who had done a frequently updated mega pack torrent on Nyaa for the subs. They have not yet updated their 2021 megapack to include the latest content. As such it can be highly confusing to know what's available these days.

There's no point in us doing our own mega pack til we have a bit of a break in new subs. Maybe next year. So, here's a complete list of all GCCX material that SA-GCCX (active 2012?-2019), GooseCanyon (active 2019-2023) and LocationScouts (active 2021-2023) have released over the past five years.

Ordered chronologically by episode order, with specials, DVD exclusives and other bits and pieces at the bottom. I haven't included any of the inaccurate or AI efforts released by others, your mileage may vary.

EDITED: Added 342.

Standard Episodes:
Game Center CX #102 - Super Puyo Puyo (v2) [Skye]
Game Center CX #183 - Super Godzilla [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #190 - D [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #196 - The Mysterious Murasame Castle [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #205 - Mole Mania [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #213 - China Warrior [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #216 - Super Mario Land 2 6 Golden Coins [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #233 - F-ZERO X [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #239 - Go by Train! 64 [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #240 - Um Jammer Lammy [SA-GCCX]
Game Center CX #249 - Photo Boy [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #250 - Dragon Quest (1) [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #251 - Dragon Quest (2) [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #253 - It's Bazar dé Gozarre's Game, If You Please [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #269 - Super Bomberman [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #270 - Castlevania: Bloodlines [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #271 - Rolling Thunder [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #277 - Pac-Land [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #279 - Demon's Crest [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #281 - Klonoa Door to Phantomile [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #283 - Athena [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #287 - World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #288 - Super Werewolf Chronicle WARWOLF [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #289 - The Legend of Valkyrie [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #290 - Space Channel 5 [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #293 - Valis - The Fantasm Soldier [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #294 - Avenging Spirit [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #295 - Quarth (AKA Block Hole) [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #296 - Joy Mech Fight [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #297 - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (1) [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #298 - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (2) [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #299 - The House of the Dead [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #302 - Chack'n Pop [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #305 - Pokemon Snap [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #309 - The New Zealand Story [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #311 - Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #317 - The Legend of Zelda (1) [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #318 - The Legend of Zelda (2) [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #319 - Dragon's Lair [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #320 - Elemental Shaolin Fist [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #325 - THE Earth Defense Force [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #326 - Tokyo Bus Guide: Starting Today, You're the Driver [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #327 - Getsu Fuma Den [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #329 - Super Monkey Ball [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX #332 - Space Harrier [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #335 - Batman [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX #342 - Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within (AKA Clock Tower: Ghost Head) [LocationScouts]

Specials:
Game Center CX in Russia/Ice Climber [GooseCanyon]

DVD/Blu-ray Bonus Challenges:
Game Center CX DVD Challenge #3 - TwinBee [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX DVD Challenge #6 - Yie Ar Kung-Fu [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX DVD Challenge #8 - City Connection [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX DVD Challenge #9 - Spelunker [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX DVD Challenge #11 - Castlevania [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX DVD Challenge #12 - Resident Evil: Director's Cut [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX DVD Challenge USA - Die Hard Arcade [GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX DVD Challenge Mega Drive - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX Blu-Ray Red Edition Challenge - The Mystery of Atlantis Revenge Challenge [LocationScouts]
Game Center CX Blu-Ray Green Edition Challenge - Ghosts 'n Goblins Revenge Challenge [LocationScouts]

Nintendo Channel:
Game Center CX Nintendo Channel Challenge #1 - Mega Man 9 [v2] [charliechip95 & GooseCanyon]
Game Center CX Nintendo Channel Challenge #3 - Star Force [v2] [Skye]
Game Center CX Nintendo Channel Challenge #16 - Kirby's Dream Collection New Challenge Stages [GooseCanyon]

Music Videos:
Cardigans - Fight! Chief Fighter (Game Center CX music video) [GooseCanyon]
Messe Messe Club - GCCX MAX (Game Center CX music video) [GooseCanyon]

Yoiko:
Yoiko's Minecraft Survival Life Series 1
Yoiko's Minecraft Survival Life Series 2
Yoiko's 35 Years with Super Mario - Super Mario 64 Top Memories [GooseCanyon]

locationscouts fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 17, 2023

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ignore this post, saving this for later.

Thanks for all the links.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

locationscouts posted:

There is a user who had done a frequently updated mega pack torrent on Nyaa for the subs. They have not yet updated their 2021 megapack to include the latest content. As such it can be highly confusing to know what's available these days.

There's no point in us doing our own mega pack til we have a bit of a break in new subs. Maybe next year. So, here's a complete list of all GCCX material that SA-GCCX (active 2012?-2019), GooseCanyon (active 2019-2023) and LocationScouts (active 2021-2023) have released over the past five years.

Ordered chronologically by episode order, with specials, DVD exclusives and other bits and pieces at the bottom. I haven't included any of the inaccurate or AI efforts released by others, your mileage may vary.

[linx]

this is super helpful, thanks

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Nice, was able to pick up a couple I missed. (249 and 271 to be precise) :c00l:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The second part of Sakurai's portion is up, the second part of Arino's premieres in 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll01fYUI_iQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5QV0BKC4xo

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

The second part of Sakurai's portion is up, the second part of Arino's premieres in 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll01fYUI_iQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5QV0BKC4xo

Arino and Sakurai just sitting and playing games is really chill, no pressure to be funny or play well, just two guys having fun with games.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

https://x.com/lskachosubs/status/1714215444368720327?s=46&t=NC1Zlm7T4GmzkmF8I1LGRA

https://nyaa.si/view/1730318

Hell yeah.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bcd6bd90d12ca5b28cd44a06b558dc76ab95b362&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23342%20-%20Clock%20Tower%20II%3A%20The%20Struggle%20Within%20%28AKA%20Clock%20Tower%3A%20Ghost%20Head%29%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

locationscouts posted:

Is this the guy? I found this through a reddit page the other day, says it's updated as of July 5 but they couldn't make an account to upload it to nyaa for some reason.
https://pastebin.com/sXHZHYyN

skyegccx
Sep 5, 2023

raditts posted:

Is this the guy? I found this through a reddit page the other day, says it's updated as of July 5 but they couldn't make an account to upload it to nyaa for some reason.

I think that's a different person who just re-encoded everything from the original pack (as well as subsequent releases that aren't in the original pack) to be lower quality in order to reduce the file sizes.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
they seem to be consistent with the file sizes of everything else i have

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Arino and Sakurai have finished played Super Smash Bros, but don't worry, he's sticking around to talk about, of course, Sega (thanks Kibe).

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023

raditts posted:

That user does have a lot of re-encodes in the mix, not all of them, but worth noting if you'd rather the original files (and what we'd prefer). In most cases he does tend to prefer hard subs as opposed to soft subs so maybe that has merit if you're watching on older technology.

There are some additional files in their pack where they've recombined the US Disc*tek DVD subbed challenges and the SA-subbed segments back into broadcast order and format (albeit with shifting subs styles).

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

My totebag and official program for the 20th Anniversary arrived!

The memories page was cute, so I wanted to share it. Also, they are still keeping the last game secret!

I think my 10th Anniversary bag has held up over a decade of use as well.

https://imgur.com/gallery/KsoQFer

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Final parts of the crossovers.

Sakurai and Arino bond over cancelled games and Ninja Gaiden as they complete their whistle stop tour of 80s arcade games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfh0oq-_nJQ

And premiering tomorrow: Arino watches on as Sakurai and Kibe geek out over Sega Genesis games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAUorV5bCOk

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

And premiering tomorrow: Arino watches on as Sakurai and Kibe geek out over Sega Genesis games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAUorV5bCOk

Prominent Nintendo employee and a non-famous Sega fan boy.
I watch these with my kids sometimes, someone give me a spoiler alert if Sakurai gouges Kibe's eyes out or something, please.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

did sakurai make nintendo characters fight in a failed act of sleeper agent sabotage??

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
GCCX adjacent: Hamaguchi was a late season guest star on the Takeshi's Castle remake on Amazon Prime.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

A video from the Fan Club revealed that Arino, etc., knew about the first two games being remade as far back as January, before the 20th Anniversary Press Conference even. Arino wanted to something like "Boy, they really should port those games to the Switch!" at said press conference.

This led to one of my new favorite lines: Kan - "Abe will punch you for that. I won't hit you, but Abe will."

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Abe can and will destroy you if the need arises.

Why do you think there are no more mentions of AD Whatever-his-name-was, that guy from the first season?

skyegccx
Sep 5, 2023

Pentaro posted:

Why do you think there are no more mentions of AD Whatever-his-name-was, that guy from the first season?

I'm gonna assume that you're thinking of Naoki Yamada, the guy who showed up for approximately ten seconds during the Takeshi's Challenge episode and was never seen again. It seems as though they've tried to memory hole him. At an event for the first DVD-Box release, Kan said that he left after an unspecified dispute with Be-WILD (GCCX's production company before Gascoin was formed in late 2008). I believe his name disappeared from the end credits after the fourth or fifth episode, and he's not listed in the credits for DVD-Box 2, despite the fact that Takeshi's Challenge is on that DVD. Toujima is usually referred to as the first AD.
Since then, Yamada's been mentioned a few times in passing. At an event from a while ago, when GCCX staff members were asked who the worst ADs were, most of the staff picked Tsuruoka, but Abe picked Yamada and added that he "fails as a human being."
Yamada is also mentioned during the mini corner in episode 237 when Toujima shows up and introduces himself as the first AD. Arino says "Are you just gonna pretend that Yamada doesn't exist?"
Yamada's also seen in the background of a scene in the intro video for the full Makuhari Messe special, which features some behind the scenes footage from the Takeshi's Challenge episode.
Lastly, he was mentioned in a Youtube video of Arino, Abe, and Fujimoto just talking.

skyegccx fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

skyegccx posted:

Yamada is also mentioned during the mini corner in episode 237 when Toujima shows up and introduces himself as the first AD. Arino says "Are you just gonna pretend that Yamada doesn't exist?"

He's not given a number or even a "The Orignal" name like Toujima.

https://imgur.com/YBb6G8Q

Kan asks if there's anything Arino remembers from the first episode. Arino replies "Everyone says Toujima was the first AD, but there was someone before him, but none of the current staff know about him, just the original members." Kan says "Yamada?", and Arino tells a story about going out to dinner after a shoot with him and Kobayashi, where Yamada said he would do his best, only to be gone the next episode.

Why exactly is never said, and likely never will be.