Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm not doing this to brag or to guilt-trip anyone, but I needed to do something, and I want to inspire others to do the same

Will donate :tipshat:

What are some other charities to donate to? I saw that someone started a thread about this but it has no movement.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043922

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I will note that insisting that it's Genocide - not discrimination, not occupation, not even apartheid, but full on genocide* had exactly this long term goal - of legitimizing any "resistance" as good and proper, and claiming nothing can actually get worse (or better) for Gaza, as Israel is already genociding all the inhabitants in a concentration camp.

And since Hamas is resisting genocide, that means Hamas isn't ISIS. Hamas hasn't spent the last 3 decades sabotaging the peace process because having another faction head the Palestinian state \ autonomy is unacceptable and because it aims at destroying Israel rather than ending occupation in the territories (and of course, it doesn't matter what it intends, as it's never going to destroy Israel \ it would be a good thing if it does). Hamas didn't start this massacre to sabotage peace talks Arab states have with Israel (and those talks are bad actually, anything the Palestinians get in the process will be a mere pittance) - it's the only hope of Palestinian resistance against the genocide.

* But of course genocide is not the same thing as exterminating all Palestinians (in Gaza or in general), except that's exactly what it means and how the term is used when not forced to qualify.

A bit earlier, someone asked me what the gently caress I even want:

1. The safe return of all hostages.

2. The civilians of Gaza surviving this \ being safe.

3. Everyone in the IDF surviving this \ being safe. (Yeah, I'm Israeli).

4. Every Hamas militant being killed.

5. Netanyahu and his cabinet hanging from lamp posts \ going to jail.

6. At this point, why the gently caress not wish for a secular Palestinian state co-existing with Israel.

Probably not going to get any of that.

SYQ, of course.

But "A pox on both your houses" rhetoric does nothing except to strengthen the status quo. No surprise this comes from an Israeli.

https://twitter.com/soulkhan/status/1712570616920895815

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Will donate :tipshat:

What are some other charities to donate to? I saw that someone started a thread about this but it has no movement.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043922

Zakat Foundation is good

https://www.zakat.org

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Getting really crack pinged today about isreal saying very clearly, out loud, to everyone ‘We are doing a genocide’ and every powerful person in the world going ‘We love you and support you 100% and would like to kiss you on the mouth’.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

quote:

lol these three in quick succession are amazing. "I'm a serious thinker, here's my impossible magic wish informed by my own nationalism". and the unspoken finish is "since I'm not going to get that, what can you do? let the air strikes roll"

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if you can donate please do so

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I want Hamas to win

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ohtori Akio posted:

death to the genocidal state of israel. we americans will have to stand before our creator and justify what we've aided

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

John Charity Spring posted:

lol these three in quick succession are amazing. "I'm a serious thinker, here's my impossible magic wish informed by my own nationalism". and the unspoken finish is "since I'm not going to get that, what can you do? let the air strikes roll"

the isreali definition of hamas militant is every palestinian male and most over the age of 8, as well as any resident of the gaza strip including babies (who had their chance to resist hamas)

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Getting really crack pinged today about isreal saying very clearly, out loud, to everyone ‘We are doing a genocide’ and every powerful person in the world going ‘We love you and support you 100% and would like to kiss you on the mouth’.

Again so much of it is projection the western white world is made that they let in so many black and brown people the last 15 years hence the cropping up of alt right anti immigration governments. They are just watching Israel and being like man I wish I could that, which they will once the climate refugee exodus begins.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Fansy posted:

Cool, then I'll pay it forward and maybe in 5 years a comfortable gamer will donate for my sake

:hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

Again so much of it is projection the western white world is made that they let in so many black and brown people the last 15 years hence the cropping up of alt right anti immigration governments. They are just watching Israel and being like man I wish I could that, which they will once the climate refugee exodus begins.

israel has been the laboratory for western oppression for so long. techniques used on blm were developed decades ago to crush palestinian peaceful resistance

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thoguh posted:

:same:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
More from Lebanon suspected "infiltration" into Israel and artillery shelling into Lebanon from Israel

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712824890443563163

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1712825656336150872

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Death By The Blues posted:

More from Lebanon suspected "infiltration" into Israel and artillery shelling into Lebanon from Israel

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712824890443563163

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1712825656336150872

ill wait on this last time it was the israeli warning system going haywire

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Honest question, what will donations really do at this stage though? No aid/supplies could actually get into Gaza at this point right? Is it more about building up stores of supplies to quickly get into Gaza whenever the border opens?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

my logical centrist opinion is that every idf soldier should survive unharmed and be given free McDonald’s and every Hamas militant should die a slow painful death.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

my logical centrist opinion is that every idf soldier should survive unharmed and be given free McDonald’s and every Hamas militant should die a slow painful death.

Hamas would win every single racist fight video against IDF goons

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the occupying genocidal force is clearly the lesser evil

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Al! posted:

israel has been the laboratory for western oppression for so long. techniques used on blm were developed decades ago to crush palestinian peaceful resistance

Phoenix Program, Colonia Dignidad, Israel...what do they have in common?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

4d3d3d posted:

https://www.pcrf.net/ seems legit. I threw them some cash

appears to be under a DOS attack right now

e: now it comes up :shrug: appears to be intermittent

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Thinking about how if the Holocaust was happening live on cable TV that the world would probably look away like they are mostly doing now.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I will note that insisting that it's Genocide - not discrimination, not occupation, not even apartheid, but full on genocide* had exactly this long term goal - of legitimizing any "resistance" as good and proper, and claiming nothing can actually get worse (or better) for Gaza, as Israel is already genociding all the inhabitants in a concentration camp.

And since Hamas is resisting genocide, that means Hamas isn't ISIS. Hamas hasn't spent the last 3 decades sabotaging the peace process because having another faction head the Palestinian state \ autonomy is unacceptable and because it aims at destroying Israel rather than ending occupation in the territories (and of course, it doesn't matter what it intends, as it's never going to destroy Israel \ it would be a good thing if it does). Hamas didn't start this massacre to sabotage peace talks Arab states have with Israel (and those talks are bad actually, anything the Palestinians get in the process will be a mere pittance) - it's the only hope of Palestinian resistance against the genocide.

* But of course genocide is not the same thing as exterminating all Palestinians (in Gaza or in general), except that's exactly what it means and how the term is used when not forced to qualify.

6. At this point, why the gently caress not wish for a secular Palestinian state co-existing with Israel.

i would like to see this poster banned for genocide denial, but would settle for seeing them banned on a technicality like bloodlust

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
npr is just settler testimony after settler testimony describing Hamas attacks

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Raiad posted:

i would like to see this poster banned for genocide denial, but would settle for seeing them banned on a technicality like bloodlust

That's a SYQ, AIT is not Israeli. Duh

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Yeah, when there is a legit genocide happening, you don't need to squint at grainy satellite photos, twist statistics or follow word-of-mouth from opinion columnists or westernized middle class diaspora. It happens out in the open clear as day in front of the cameras, and everyone goes "Well, had to be done I'm afraid".

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VomitOnLino posted:

the actual poster is a freak in dnd

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I haven’t heard any interviews with Gazans but I can’t stomach it very long to wait

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
it will be more difficult to buy a keffiyeh than a gun in every western country by the end of the week

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

Phoenix Program, Colonia Dignidad, Israel...what do they have in common?

yeah and bellingcat like i said a laboratory not the locus

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Clark Nova posted:

appears to be under a DOS attack right now

e: now it comes up :shrug: appears to be intermittent

could be that its because its like one of the few its not illegal to donate to

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I think western governments are vastly overestimating how popular assisting Israel with its crimes are. There's a Chiefs forum I've been going to for like two decades and they spun off all politics chat to a quarantine zone (because the mods got tired of every game day thread bickering about barsack o'crumbo) which I usually ignore but was morbidly curious about what they say in their I/P thread. The first response to the OP was a post that basically said "Well, what the gently caress did Israel expect? You can't push people around like that and keep them imprisoned and not expect them to fight back" and about half the posters agree with that, and it's a very chuddy politics zone and largely midwestern. They're the people who would have been 100% on board with invading Iraq. Also I was talking with my coworker who is definitely like a normie centrist kind of guy, his wife is a Jewish convert with friends in Israel. He gave the boilerplate "Israel has a right to defend itself" thing but definitely was sympathetic to Palestinians and is not on board at all with how Israel is handling this and absolutely does not the US getting involved in like a war war. I know this is all anecdotal but I think the failures of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have really taken the appetite for war out of a lot of americans. There will of course be support for all kinds of bloodthirsty poo poo but I think the lizards who run western media and government have no idea how unpopular this is going to get and how mad people are going to be about it especially if Israel starts liquidating Gaza. This isn't going to be like after 9/11 where support for "glassing the middle east' had like nearly universal support. Especially if it starts to widen and drag out beyond a few weeks.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

hadji murad posted:

it will be more difficult to buy a keffiyeh than a gun in every western country by the end of the week

good thing i already bought one at previous palestine protest. asking again if anyone has the info on protests happening today?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
You can't say the IAF isn't putting the work in

DTI

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cookie Cutter posted:

Yeah, when there is a legit genocide happening, you don't need to squint at grainy satellite photos, twist statistics or follow word-of-mouth from opinion columnists or westernized middle class diaspora. It happens out in the open clear as day in front of the cameras, and everyone goes "Well, had to be done I'm afraid".

yeah people weren’t mocking jews being crammed onto train cars because they were going on an uncomfortable roundabout journey, they knew exactly what was going on

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Western countries are filled with a variety of individuals of differing perspectives that must all be respected and addressed with dignity, and all disputes must be resolved through peaceful argument.

Other countries are filled with a hivemind, so all crimes are committed not by an individual but the community as a whole, which has the responsibility of exterminating members with harmful ideologies by any means necessary.

This is a completely reasonable and not at all racist lens with which to view people.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The only reason they want Netanyahu and his caninet dead is they ignored the warnings and let Hamas get a W on their watch. Had the attack been easily repelled and a nothing burger they would still be frothing at the mouth to genocide Gaza. But Netanyahu hosed up and they're eagerly scape goating him to wash their collective conscience clean while cheering on genocide.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

VomitOnLino posted:

("this poster" being the syq'ed, sorry for the lack of clarity)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

the actual poster is a freak in dnd

that thread is all pedantic arguing over the definition of words and how the bad words are hurtful!! meanwhile while one side is dropping thousands of tons of bombs on civilians but that's less important than being right about the words.