Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

my extremely libby elderly parents, including my Jewish mother, are not on board at all for ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. this is something the natsec blob wants but Americans are absolutely not going for it.

I think you can see that - the tone of the fervent Israel backers in the western media is verging on panic. they know that they’re losing their audience. we don’t manufacture anything in America anymore, not even consent.

also the way some pols & celebs started pulling back their full-throated support of genocide bc they can read the public tea leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Thoguh posted:

No dual loyalty, you're the dual loyalty.

:psyduck:

They'll still deny such a thing exists or could exist

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

RadiRoot posted:

:sotw:

happy jihad day

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

He's from my country and a laughing stock around here. Wanted to have a political career in the ÖVP, our conservative trash party and when that went nowhere he became a NATO bootlicker. However, he knows that Austrians love their neutral status, meaning he would never have to put in any real effort. So all he does is tweet, give a speech once in a while and hope for some bread crumbs from NATO think tanks. And even an opportunistic loser like him has more of a conscience than Bibi, Biden&Co.

Best part, his older brother was in a commie youth organization and has good ties to China. In 2019 he was honored for his merits in Austrian-Chinese relations, especially in art and culture.

Lmao, one kid a cop the other in the mafia. Classic

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Atrocious Joe posted:

(from t.me/QudsNen/82175, via tgsa)

I don't speak Hebrew so I'm not sure of this translation

it's close enough, the one on the left says "destroy gaza" and the one on the right says "the victory photo: 0 residents in gaza".

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Frosted Flake posted:

:psyduck:

They'll still deny such a thing exists or could exist

that’s because the two sides are good (them) and bad (their opponents)

no conflict there!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

my boy pooty on the right side of history

i'm over here putin and hollerin

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Remembering how NATO swooped in and bombed Linya into oblivion in 2011, on the pretense of stopping a "massacre" by Gaddafi that was never actually going to happen. Even the UK parliament later admitted this in a report.

Flash forward to today, on the eve of Israel declaring its intent to commit a very real massacre in Gaza. Now the same NATO countries fully stand by the perpetrator.

I know hypocrisy shaming is meaningless to the west because "humanitarian intervention" is a pretext to enforce hegemony. But man, in moments like this the hypocrisy is hard to stomach.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

what does samantha power say about all this?

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Egg Moron posted:

my boy pooty on the right side of history

i'm over here putin and hollerin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT-4_js78-I

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Egg Moron posted:

what does samantha power say about all this?

https://twitter.com/PowerUSAID/status/1710699991797272616?t=jUlrUFLpoZeM6ixJaVktAw&s=19

This has been her only I/P tweet in the last five days

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

genericnick posted:

Lmao, one kid a cop the other in the mafia. Classic

https://twitter.com/SwordMercury/status/1712842768995832003

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
cannot believe i'm over here nodding my head and agreeing with vlad "trans genocide bill" putin on something but here we are

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

too cowardly to die in the war, too poor to afford the ticket to argentina, too stupid to get picked up in paperclip, too incompetent for nuremberg

europe is in the hands of the most useless nazi oafs and the inadequacy felt from being left behind has festered into bitterness

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

VoicesCanBe posted:

Remembering how NATO swooped in and bombed Linya into oblivion in 2011, on the pretense of stopping a "massacre" by Gaddafi that was never actually going to happen. Even the UK parliament later admitted this in a report.

Flash forward to today, on the eve of Israel declaring its intent to commit a very real massacre in Gaza. Now the same NATO countries fully stand by the perpetrator.

I know hypocrisy shaming is meaningless to the west because "humanitarian intervention" is a pretext to enforce hegemony. But man, in moments like this the hypocrisy is hard to stomach.

I've never seen them ratchet down on dissent so hard or manufacture consent on a hamfisted level about on par with the Kaiser's soldiers boiling Belgian babies.

I think there's something approaching panic, but there's not a Middle-Eastern desk here, so I can't get the hot gossip. I'm assuming things went way, way worse for the IDF than we've heard yet and DC is freaking the gently caress out about lost deterrence.

Remember that Israel didn't publish casualties from the October War until weeks later.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I was under the impression post-Soviet Russia has kinda hedged on Israel because of the number of Russians who moved there after the collapse. Is/was that true? If so, I'm guessing it's not anymore--Israel won't abide being called Nazis, as apt as the analogy may be.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Tom Tucker posted:

hospitals full of children who cannot move

Israel has accepted your challenge

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

VoicesCanBe posted:

how's Libya doing today? rhetorical question

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is at least the 2nd time in 3 days that the IOF has bombed Lebanese army positions. The Lebanese army solely exists to prevent an open coup of the government and did practically nothing during the Israeli invasions and occupation. If Israel is going out of its way to attack the Lebanese army they've gone completely insane.

The tweet I was responding to stated that it was the Lebanese army doing the return fire. The Israeli perhaps don't care, but if the Lebanese army backs up Hezbollah, that is really a serious problem for the IDF that is going to disrupt everything else they are doing.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

I've heard no one irl speak up about the conflict so far.

There's been plenty of demonstrations, but also they're cracking down on them in the west. France just instituted a ban on support for Palestine. People are being doxxed and extremely powerful people are gloating openly about ruining people's livelihoods for speaking up. It's a pretty big escalation but also refreshing in a way that the masks are off and they're finally being honest that you should watch what you say openly, or you'll get got.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

The tweet I was responding to stated that it was the Lebanese army doing the return fire. The Israeli perhaps don't care, but if the Lebanese army backs up Hezbollah, that is really a serious problem for the IDF that is going to disrupt everything else they are doing.

Well the whole reason people were speculating Hezbollah would be sidelined is that they don't want to be responsible for dragging Lebanon into an unpopular war.

However, Israel is doing everything possible to make such a war happen - and popular - and is getting fired on by the Lebanese Army that has actively avoided confrontation with them since the 70's.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

:ducksiren::parrot:death 2 israel free palestine:parrot::ducksiren:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
im watching blinkens speech in doha and it is basically the same speech he gave with netanyahu? lol

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1712854785005703528

Press were bombed, probably by Israel, in Southern Lebanon, 1 killed, 3 injured, an Al jazeera press car was the target.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VoicesCanBe posted:

Israel is collectively losing its mind which is why this situation is so dangerous. Israel is capable of anything right now up to and including genocide.

Querying news for VoicesCanBe - "right now" implies that Israel was previously not capable of genocide.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So the Canadian government is airlifting people out of Israel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7rileMNaII

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

watching AJE stream and the palestine supporters will post something followed by a bunch of palestinian flag emojis but to me it appears like "blinken go back to israel PSPSPSPSPS" which sounds like they're talking to a kitty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptp7LYqHRo8

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Pretty ironic how well that fits - "that loving palestinian has a symbol of her nation, and I have the symbol of mine."

Did he have combat boots on?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

they didn’t think the Dall*E dead baby pics were cool in Doha, so Blinkej is playing the hits.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ek_669dyj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcZfRcn06k

:thunk:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trump mocks journalists at rallies: literal fascism

Columnists get mocked on Twitter: disturbing cancel culture

Israel executes journalists as they are broadcasting: legitimate self-defense

kraft dinner
Apr 2, 2016

great video but those subtitles are terrible

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
DT{A,I,UN}

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It's insane knowing that Putin and Trump are both saying more correct and based things than the libs lmfao.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

carcinofuck posted:

Pretty ironic how well that fits - "that loving palestinian has a symbol of her nation, and I have the symbol of mine."

Did he have combat boots on?

it’s not even his country. He was born in Minnesota to Mexican immigrants

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Trump mocks journalists at rallies: literal fascism

Columnists get mocked on Twitter: disturbing cancel culture

Israel executes journalists as they are broadcasting: legitimate self-defense

that woman facing away from me 200 yards away in a Kevlar vest marked “PRESS” and an armored helmet talking into a camera could have been holding a gun

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Judgy Fucker posted:

I was under the impression post-Soviet Russia has kinda hedged on Israel because of the number of Russians who moved there after the collapse. Is/was that true? If so, I'm guessing it's not anymore--Israel won't abide being called Nazis, as apt as the analogy may be.

israel was sending heaps of munitions to ukraine so that probably spoiled the beans

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The language that an Israeli spokesperson used Wednesday to describe the work of Palestinian journalists underscored that reality. Israeli military spokesperson Ran Kochav said, “They’re armed with cameras, if you’ll permit me to say so,” and in so doing drew a not-subtle comparison between the work of journalism and that of violence.

Danru
May 23, 2022

God drat this Blinken presser in Doha is insane, I haven't bothered to hear him articulate the official US position but loving christ, he's up there repeating the rape and dead babies poo poo, that ultimately the Palestinians deserve this and Israel doing a genocide is obviously justified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1712857172361585009