Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Atrocious Joe posted:

Wasn't that basically the cycle seen in the Bloody Sunday of 21 November 1920. The IRA took out a whole lot of British intelligence assets in the morning, and the British responded by massacring civilians later in the day in blind fury.

Why yes, as a matter of fact it was. Along with the British reaction after the Corporals killings in 1988.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

any y'all think nukes will be used???? i'm really scared!

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
Unfortunately circumstances have made it so that we must do the thing we have really wanted to do (and already have been doing slowly). Please have empathy for us during this trying time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I worked in an academia adjacent position recently and my experience with people in tenured academic roles is that they're somebody's useless kid about 3000% of the time which is why they're so bad at making arguments and accomplishing basic work

Like I appreciate what this guy was trying to do, just lmao the way he illustrated this point just seems dumb as hell

There's at least a 90% chance that the story was, at the very least, heavily embellished by the students.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

i say swears online posted:

It's harder to occupy contaminated land than to just herd people into smaller and smaller pens with conventional arms.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shadow president.gif

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"We'll find out what he's made of" :shepicide:

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Retromancer posted:

MBS is basically one of Israel's biggest allies at this point and Iran will do nothing but keep covertly sending aid to Hamas because they know an overt action will bring down the hammer of the US military. I guarantee Israel will not nuke Gaza.

Mbs seems to pretty openly support palestine and there are signs that SA might be about to realign so we'll see

I hope you're right but I think it's a little naive to deal in absolutes, things haven't exactly been super predictable in global politics and expecting the same norms to be maintained forever never pays off

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Al! posted:

im looking forward to the defeat of the softboy ground invasion. morale has to be absolutely shattered on the front line already, theyll be marching into unknown territory where death will leap out of every doorway and vacant window

Yeah as bloody and horrifying as it's going to be for Palestinians, the IDF shitheads are also going to take a ton of casualties. They are not ready for this.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Retromancer posted:

It's harder to occupy contaminated land than to just herd people into smaller and smaller pens with conventional arms.

theyre not doing that anymore, theyre herding everyone into egypt while killing everyone theyre herding

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I worked in an academia

sorry for your loss

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1712892230220865943

lol France didn't even do this when Russia invaded Ukraine, when all the Europeans were reporting on the situation like this:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

RIYADH, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia is putting U.S.-backed plans to normalise ties with Israel on ice, two sources familiar with Riyadh's thinking said, signalling a rapid rethinking of its foreign policy priorities as war escalates between Israel and Palestinian group Hamas.

The conflict has also pushed the kingdom to engage with Iran. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman took his first phone call from Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi as Riyadh tries to prevent a broader surge in violence across the region.

lol if this causes detente between KSA and Iran

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Ringo Roadagain posted:

my logical centrist opinion is that every idf soldier should survive unharmed and be given free McDonald’s and every Hamas militant should die a slow painful death.

I already see the upcoming Hollywood Blockbuster. Delta force breaks into the safe room to rescue the hostages. The hostages are tearful eyed and afraid until the operator leans in and whispers to them, “Cactus Jack sent me.”

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

The Saucer Hovers posted:

sorry for your loss

Getting out of that particular job was good for me, if you are in academia but not an academic you're just disposable trash

Literally the worst I've ever been treated in a job

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Saucer Hovers posted:

sorry for your loss

10 years of my loving life ill never get back

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Well that’s my crack ping for the day. MSNBC host said, straight faced and earnestly, that Israel is “bracing” for all the civilian murders they’re about to do. Literally carrying water for a “I’m going to kill you all, but I’m gonna be upset about it I swear” statement

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

happy jihad day to those that celebrate

Iverron
May 13, 2012

genocide joe has to go

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
There should be a left wing military officers' coup in Egypt that would be sick rn

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lpzie posted:

happy jihad day to those that celebrate

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

in retaliation for cspams support of hamas they have launched a nuclear weapon at pittsburgh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Iverron posted:

genocide joe has to go

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1712892230220865943

lol France didn't even do this when Russia invaded Ukraine, when all the Europeans were reporting on the situation like this:

It’s sinking in for the west that the party is over

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

can you imagine the trauma of having this done to you??? in a class???!!!

yes lol. we read anne frank in 8th grade and the english teacher made me sit in the back corner and said no one could talk to me for the rest of class, to demonstrate how the jews were treated. she picked me because she hated my older brother when he was in her class a few years prior

shoutout to mrs hill. i lied about losing all that work, i just didnt do it, and my mom chewed you out for targeting me based on a grudge you were holding for three years against an 8th grader. and you caved like a little bitch

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
The Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu is preparing to make a Statement to the Media.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Iverron posted:

genocide joe has to go

The rapin'ist, gencoidin'ist, Alzheimer'ist president in the west

Like Yosemite sam but he spends a long time sniffing girls hair

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
cnn inviting commentators to insist on only the death of all males in gaza as the moderate position

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

It's going to make his head explode if assad comes to the palestinians aid

Free him

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

actually its ephebophilia guy but for final solution vs permanent solution

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Al Jazeera live stream is showing the column of their press vehicles near Lebanon that the IDF deliberately targeted for being journalists.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

The Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu is preparing to make a Statement to the Media.

The ex Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu has just finished delivering a short Statement to the Media.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Fellatio del Toro posted:

yes lol. we read anne frank in 8th grade and the english teacher made me sit in the back corner and said no one could talk to me for the rest of class, to demonstrate how the jews were treated. she picked me because she hated my older brother when he was in her class a few years prior

shoutout to mrs hill. i lied about losing all that work, i just didnt do it, and my mom chewed you out for targeting me based on a grudge you were holding for three years against an 8th grader. and you caved like a little bitch

Everyone has a story like this and that's why teachers don't get paid poo poo lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12 posted:

There should be a left wing military officers' coup in Egypt that would be sick rn

And Jordan and Saudi while we're wishing for things

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

lol if this causes detente between KSA and Iran

china already managed that

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The entire world is just watching Israel blatantly commit war crime after war crime on live TV.

:d2a:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

:brainworms:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

mawarannahr posted:

gf doesn't know poo poo about i/p... i explained I support the Palestinians and she said she supports both sides and that both are indigenous to the area. pretty disappointed. 0/5.

lol

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

in retaliation for cspams support of hamas they have launched a nuclear weapon at pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Mushroom Cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

"We'll find out what he's made of" :shepicide:

Is the thing he's made of poo poo?