Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/co...nt=share_button

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I wrapped up the D3 season in about 2 weeks playing chicken doc. Going back to D4's pace is going to be so painful.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

:thanks:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm confused by that post, it's partially fixed in 1.2 but will be fully fixed in s2? Aren't they the same

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
gonna laugh if the fix is that you can no longer trick it by respeccing on a horse, but the core functionality of actually having progressive skill visual effects remains busted

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm confused by that post, it's partially fixed in 1.2 but will be fully fixed in s2? Aren't they the same

s2 starts with patch 1.2.0 but will run for 3 months and probably have multiple patches throughout. i’m assuming it’s just them being cautious and not saying what subsequent patch will be the specific one to fix it

Swilo posted:

gonna laugh if the fix is that you can no longer trick it by respeccing on a horse, but the core functionality of actually having progressive skill visual effects remains busted

knowing other blizzard patch notes, this is what i natively expected and didn’t realize how dumb that is as a default assumption until i read this

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I was gonna go with "we were gonna sell these on the store but those meddling kids"

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i hope they do a bonus xp weekend to cap out the season only got 3-4 levels left

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

harrygomm posted:

s2 starts with patch 1.2.0 but will run for 3 months and probably have multiple patches throughout. i’m assuming it’s just them being cautious and not saying what subsequent patch will be the specific one to fix it

Yeah they were already talking about 1.2.1 during the last stream. That's when we're getting the training dummies

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Vic posted:

Final boss for S3 leaked. Scuttlepot the Denier, Lord of Buckets

Lord of damage buckets

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I let my gamepass expire and I was curious to see how diablo works without Xbox live: you still see other players in town but I dont think you can interact with them. I don't think you see anyone else out in the world. You do still need an Internet connection.

Not sure what happens in world bosses lol, I should find out.

If they're not adding any new multiplayer matchmaking I'm not sure I don't see any reason to renew gamepass/live at the moment. Got a lot of poo poo to play. And dad groceries are fuckin expensive.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

External Organs posted:

I let my gamepass expire and I was curious to see how diablo works without Xbox live: you still see other players in town but I dont think you can interact with them. I don't think you see anyone else out in the world. You do still need an Internet connection.

Not sure what happens in world bosses lol, I should find out.

If they're not adding any new multiplayer matchmaking I'm not sure I don't see any reason to renew gamepass/live at the moment. Got a lot of poo poo to play. And dad groceries are fuckin expensive.

this is basically the normal multiplayer as well though

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah other than seeing other folks at World Bosses / Legion events, that's just D4 multiplayer in its current state. They desperately need to add some sort of matchmaking so there's an intuitive way to party up with other people trying to do the same content. Assuming that just got lost in the crunch, because it's such a weird feature to just completely forget about or deliberately omit.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

this is basically the normal multiplayer as well though

Lol, yes. I don't think you can trade (I never traded), and I didn't mind running into dudes in events. It's just funny, it gives you a very mean message at the beginning about how it's meant to be played on Xbox live for the full experience :rolleyes:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Assuming that just got lost in the crunch, because it's such a weird feature to just completely forget about or deliberately omit.
I feel like it was an intended feature because when I (playing solo) use a nightmare sigil, it pops up a notification saying "[username] has started a nightmare dungeon at [location]" as if I'm in a group. Someone had to put time and effort into the graphics for that unique style of notification box that doesn't appear anywhere else.

It does seem to be an odd trend in a few modern games of devs just being like "no, find your own people on discord" and it's just weird to be back in the pre-gamespy era of no easy, casual matchmaking for easy casual activities.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I don't mind the player ghosts, that's neat. Go full Elden Ring with it, put down summoning poo poo or whatever. Just steal that! It'd be fine!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah other than seeing other folks at World Bosses / Legion events, that's just D4 multiplayer in its current state. They desperately need to add some sort of matchmaking so there's an intuitive way to party up with other people trying to do the same content. Assuming that just got lost in the crunch, because it's such a weird feature to just completely forget about or deliberately omit.

The multiplayer in this game is so ham-fisted I don't know why they bothered with the always-online mmo-lite aspect. It must cost loving loads to keep the servers running all the time like that. All you do with other players is observe them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mmo lite was probably a game parameter demanded by management

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I legitimately loved baal and chaos runs with other players in Diablo 2 so I hope they figure it out someday.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Hopefully a better social is announced for 1.2.1 because the new end game loop sounds like you'll want to group up for it to share tokens. Sure you can probably solo everything if numbers high and good at game but having 4 people in a group and cycling 4 Duriel kills benefits all 4 people.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Vic posted:

Final boss for S3 leaked. Scuttlepot the Denier, Lord of Buckets

This wouldn't even suck it could be like the Famfrit fight in FFXIV just dude dumping water in all directions making your day bad.

personally I'm waiting for the archivist class

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!
welp I reached 100 with my seasonal Necro, completing the season in the process. My reward for the latter was three sacred pieces of jewelry :toot:

Still this is the most completed I've done a Diablo season so pleased with it, and I had fun watching number go up.

Just in time to go on holiday for two weeks, see you for season 2!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

euphronius posted:

Mmo lite was probably a game parameter demanded by management

Like so many other decisions I just assume that at one point the game was way more MMO and got reined in, but the sweet lure of microtransaction dollar signs mandated seeing other players whenever possible. I can think of more rational reasons for not having matchmaking in the current environment but it's probably that.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

There's a small part of me that's a little sad I won't complete season 1, but season 2 is going to be so much less of a slog. I'm actually looking forward to trying to do it this time

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Weirdly enough this is the most active I've seen the player base since the first season started, people are looking for groups in trade and chatting almost non stop.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

would've been nice if they had tuned the dogshit lilith fight before the end of s1

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

runaway dog posted:

personally I'm waiting for the archivist class

I can't believe we still don't have a Horadrim class. They even took Arcane off Wizard/Sorc this time around so hopefully the expac gives us a goofy fucker with all the magical lasers, relics, some staff-fu and a tendency to die tragically.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

hawowanlawow posted:

would've been nice if they had tuned the dogshit lilith fight before the end of s1

This is really the only major thing I have left in the season and short of completely rebuilding my character I'm not sure I'm supposed to kill her. There's so many one shot moves and I haven't even seen the mythical second phase yet.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Doomykins posted:

I can't believe we still don't have a Horadrim class. They even took Arcane off Wizard/Sorc this time around so hopefully the expac gives us a goofy fucker with all the magical lasers, relics, some staff-fu and a tendency to die tragically.

I’d play that.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They released a small teaser video on their Twitter to show some of the changes in season 2. I start to see why the game is like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNbF1Z_V_k&t=134s

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
they're just matching the energy of dad gamers, dont need to math if it just works, right fellas

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't know the stereotypes of dads and math

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We are good at counting down from 5 and then enacting punishment.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

All dads get crazy obsessed with either smoking meats or WW2 history. Doesn't leave a whole lot of room for learning the specifics of how the buckets* work. Smoking demons though hell yeah.

*Unless it's an orange bucket from home depot

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

(I have no idea what I will say if I ever get to zero, usually my kid is super good whenever I initiate this countdown. Someday she'll call my bluff)

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

External Organs posted:

We are good at counting down from 5 and then enacting punishment.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

How dare you dox my barbarian!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1712861150533095693/video/1

1000*40% = 1040 ????

40% of 1000 is 400 so where the gently caress did 1040 come from

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:iiam:

Edit

Additional mysteries

euphronius fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1