Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the Chicago City Council is still working to pass a resolution of solidarity with Israel. The mayor ejected everyone in the viewing area.
https://twitter.com/colinbphoto/status/1712928442960732258

Berlin schools ban the keffiyeh
https://twitter.com/sopjap/status/1712784594406146328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

FirstnameLastname posted:

military helicopters have a lot more weight and are operating closer to the limits of lift and mobility
they also do a lot of maneuvers that civilian helicopters don't (fast, low flying) so its easier for things to go wrong, less margin for error and far worse outcomes because they're carrying a bunch of explosives and poo poo onboard, and they're not able to be as selective about flight conditions & routes

plus helicopters are inherently very dangerous

Have never understood why anyone but professionals would ever get in a helicopter for any reason

I felt bad when Kobe died but why not just take a car or a plane man what was such a hurry that you had to get into one of these loving deathtraps?

Sometimes a plane crashes into a mountain and people survive, they are "Alive" You might even say

I have never heard of somebody surviving a helicopter crash from standard operating height pretty much ever

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

They knew what they signed up for

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Al-Saqr did nothing wrong:

https://twitter.com/sharifkouddous/status/1712865803182243857

Imagine using chemical weapons on a children's hospital. :smith:

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

having 2 kids under 3 makes this unbelievably hard to follow. what an awful world.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

the Chicago City Council is still working to pass a resolution of solidarity with Israel. The mayor ejected everyone in the viewing area.
https://twitter.com/colinbphoto/status/1712928442960732258

Berlin schools ban the keffiyeh
https://twitter.com/sopjap/status/1712784594406146328

Literally being shoved down America’s throat

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016

jfc what spineless fucks

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Have never understood why anyone but professionals would ever get in a helicopter for any reason

I felt bad when Kobe died but why not just take a car or a plane man what was such a hurry that you had to get into one of these loving deathtraps?

Sometimes a plane crashes into a mountain and people survive, they are "Alive" You might even say

I have never heard of somebody surviving a helicopter crash from standard operating height pretty much ever

helicopters are prob statistically safer than driving on a highway

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Permaban anyone who denies the genocide of the Palestinian people or shows support for the genocidal Israeli government

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

My mom just died on Sunday, so between that and just now reading this, I've been crying a lot.

im very sorry for your loss.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I don't remember in my lifetime a hegemonic dysfunction like this one

Like, revisiting the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, there was popular opposition but the ranks closed in with tremendous ability. It took a good ten years to get into "we failed here" and then through the Obama years for the consequences of that failure to manifest (i.e. ISIS). Of course, that was an attack on American territory, a whole different circumstance in that regard, but Israel always enjoyed a special privilege in its relationship

What I mean is that in the space of less than one week, the imperial narrative went to an implicit backing of total war and now is going "wait a minute". Way different in how Cheney and Rumsfeld operated back then.

Looking back in the last year and a half, idk, it definitely feels history has been accelerating like our mvp Lenin once said. It definitely does seem that a couple of cogs broke down in the hegemon just this week

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

Thanks all, I didn’t want to derail, but I was already upset over my mom, and then seeing every day what Israel is doing just makes it all really suck.

And everywhere I go, people are all kissing Israel’s rear end, so it’s not like I can avoid it. At least I can be in this thread.

:glomp:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

https://twitter.com/LarryAlbertGil/status/1712920117829341270

I just really want to make sure this gets shared and seen. Anyone who can condone what is being done right now is a monster.

I know it's just a cliche thing to say these days but if you believe in anything fair and just out there, please pray for the Palestinian people. Even if you can do nothing else.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

gunther realizing those millions of brown people are going to have to go somewhere

e: yep lol

lmfao

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

VoicesCanBe posted:

Yeah I think this is it in terms of Ukraine being a top priority for the Biden admin, and with that, and remote possibility of Ukraine achieving full victory by reclaiming all its territory. But they're gonna keep funding it on the backburner, enough to barely let Ukraine hang on but no further. Because Biden absolutely does not want a collapse to happen during election season ala Afghanistan.

I don't think they can keep it on the backburner for ukraine to 'hang on', anything less than massive full throated funding and support for ukraine is going to mean their total collapse. There is no minimum hanging on amount, hell they might collapse fully even with full throated support, a piss-ant back burner amount is tantamount to just giving it up.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Canned Sunshine posted:

Thanks all, I didn’t want to derail, but I was already upset over my mom, and then seeing every day what Israel is doing just makes it all really suck.

And everywhere I go, people are all kissing Israel’s rear end, so it’s not like I can avoid it. At least I can be in this thread.

i am sorry for your loss :(

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Reminds me of the US sending their top secret elite stealth blackhawks to kill bin laden and one just fell over

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

These ghouls can't help themselves, they are just constantly fantasizing about the brutal death of their enemies and think it's okay if they replace themselves with a Muslim stand in, as if we don't understand the intent and meaning of what they're saying

These are absolutely the people who see the law as the thing preventing them from raping and killing, rather than any innate sense of humanity or decency

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

Wasn’t that guy run off the forums for being an obnoxious dumbass, like the stack overflow guy

I seem to recall him arguing very angrily that the anime kill la kill was a feminist text

hbombs is basically known to be a remorseless black hearted troll who cleaned it up enough to get a bag here and there

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
White phosphorus on a childrens hospital

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Canadian university administrators condemn student organizations for issuing a statement in solidarity with Palestine
https://twitter.com/camilapress/status/1712919886731628926

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

sleep with the vicious posted:

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
https://twitter.com/BayanPalestine/status/1712823239087476751

"I am Bayan, I lived for 27 years in my beautiful city of Gaza, and today may be my last day here.
My family and I will not repeat the mistake of the Nakba of 1948, and we will not leave our home towards the south.
We are all proud of our Palestinianness until our last breath.
I do not forgive the world from East to West for what will happen to us, and I hope our pictures will haunt you until the end of your life.
"#غزة

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

If those sick and injured children didn't want to be attacked by chemical weapons, they should have risen up and attacked Hamas OK?

I feel sick just writing that joke. :smith:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

new kind of cat posted:

i’m so depressed about all of this haha

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Canadian university administrators condemn student organizations for issuing a statement in solidarity with Palestine
https://twitter.com/camilapress/status/1712919886731628926

Zionists run every facet of society.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
loving inhuman monsters

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

holy poo poo.

This is why they’re popping off so hard as others have said. We’re not going to learn the extent of their military failure for months or years but it seems like if Moderate Rebels hadn’t mysteriously torn the country apart, and the nukes, they could have taken Golan back years ago.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
uh huh

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1712931582628028847

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Only foreigners huh

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Martian Manfucker posted:

"I am Bayan, I lived for 27 years in my beautiful city of Gaza, and today may be my last day here.
My family and I will not repeat the mistake of the Nakba of 1948, and we will not leave our home towards the south.
I do not forgive the world from East to West for what will happen to us, and I hope our pictures will haunt you until the end of your life.
"#غزة

I'm feeling soul crushing despair over this. I mean over everything. But gently caress

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i'm too cowardly to say or do the appropriate response to all of this, so please just put "He could have risen up, he could fought against that evil regime" when I die in a righteous act on today, the day of jihad

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Hero of Israel https://twitter.com/m7mdkurd/status/1712935005675041165?t=f4aHiM767JLWFGDcYalH6A&s=19

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Al! posted:

as far as hamas goes they could behead 40 babies in the middle of times square and id still support them.

joe biden very obviously lying about them and then immediately walking it back is amazing not because anyone in us politics has integrity or principles, but because gotchaing your opponent in a lie is like the #1 easiest tool in the toolbox

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whoever reported this post is a little bitch lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Israel really going to expell people and send them to wander the wilderness of Sinai lmao

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

icantfindaname posted:

I’m starting to think there won’t be a ground invasion of Gaza. Israel will be content to just murder a few hundred thousand civvies, and to do it again whenever they feel like, using Hamas, which will emerge from this unscathed, as justification

If Israel actually wants to take down Hamas they're gonna have to go into Gaza. I don't think they can get cold feet now especially with their psycho settler population demanding genocide.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Martian Manfucker posted:

"#غزة

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

VoicesCanBe posted:

If Israel actually wants to take down Hamas they're gonna have to go into Gaza. I don't think they can get cold feet now especially with their psycho settler population demanding genocide.

On the other hand the psycho settlers have tens of thousands of machine guns now and are having fun picking off their Palestinian neighbors in the west bank