Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Poque posted:

Alanna Rizzo currently apologizing on MLBN lol
I'm kinda surprised she's even allowed on the air right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

lmao this really is the saga that keeps on giving

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Fast forward to a month from now when she's whining to Clay Travis about how she's been silenced

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Atta Boyghazi

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There's no way you can say "jackoff" on MLB Network so that's probably what she's really in trouble for.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I Might Be Adam posted:

Has this advantage been present all season? bc according to the record, stros own the rangers.

edit: another advantage would be Astros home advantage. Put them on the road for the whole series imo.

It’s the playoffs, nothing matters

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poque posted:

lol she definitely got chewed out by someone to trigger this

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1712881767772786924

it's funny to describe your own apology as "heartfelt"

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 13, 2023

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

“I have had an interesting 24 hours” LMAO

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

Atta Boyghazi

:prepop:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Atta Boyghazi

ATTA BOYGHAZI AIN'T GOIN AWAY!!!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bawfuls posted:

lol she definitely got chewed out by someone to trigger this

it's funny to describe your own apology as "heartfelt"

https://twitter.com/nakslomo/status/1712888622180090313?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
N: https://twitter.com/nbcstheslap/status/1712891526601113737?s=46

V: lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

to be fair you don't need hindsight to know that putting Harper 40th on a list of impact players for the playoffs is dumb as gently caress

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Nick Castellanos

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Arcia should be 1

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

shyduck posted:

Arcia should be 1

Series was over the minute he uttered the famous phrase

Bregor
May 31, 2013

MrMidnight posted:

Series was over the minute he started screaming at Phillies fans from the dugout

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MrMidnight posted:

Series was over from the first pitch of Game 1

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

to be fair you don't need hindsight to know that putting Harper 40th on a list of impact players for the playoffs is dumb as gently caress

Lol seriously, how do you defend that

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
There’s not a single Dback on that whole list and Kershaw was 10th. First Ranger wasn’t until 23 wtf

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

illcendiary posted:

There’s not a single Dback on that whole list and Kershaw was 10th. First Ranger wasn’t until 23 wtf

lol; lmao

23. Corey Seager, SS, Rangers

Strength: Seager was fifth on the list until the Rangers blew the division title on the final day, drastically altering the World Series odds for the Astros and Rangers. Seager had one of the best offensive seasons ever for a shortstop, with a 1.013 OPS. He has no obvious holes in his swing, hitting over .300 against all pitches, and has been one of the prime beneficiaries of the new shift rules (he lost more hits last season to the shift than any other hitter). The NLCS and World Series MVP in 2020, Seager has had big postseason moments in the past.

Note: Corey Seager is second overall in the postseason with a 1.537 OPS.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Who's first? :getin:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Apparently this guy just added up the WARs and only considered teams with deep post season run projections. Wild card teams like the Phillies were only supposed to play like 5 games so Harper's impact would be blunted.

Just an extremely dumb article and methodology.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Harlock posted:

Apparently this guy just added up the WARs

LOL. Was wondering what Dave Cameron was up to.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Intruder posted:

Yes, and What's on second

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

illcendiary posted:

Kershaw was 10th.

To be fair Kershaw definitely had a massive impact on the Dodgers this postseason.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Intruder posted:

A cheater from a cheating team?

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

aluminumonkey posted:

A cheater from a cheating team?

Yordan's too young to have been on the 2017 Astros, silly.

Yordan Alvarez: 1.783 OPS vs Twins
Corey Seager: 1.537 OPS vs Rays & Orioles

Not bad, not bad. 4 games vs. 2+3 games, so not as different a sample size as one might think from 1 series versus 2.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Yordan's too young to have been on the 2017 Astros, silly.

Yeah that’s most annoying part. He’s a generational hitter and you can’t even blame it on the cans.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bregor posted:

Yeah that’s most annoying part. He’s a generational hitter and you can’t even blame it on the cans.

The can guys are the core of the dynasty. All 7 of the ALCS trips are tainted as long as they still have even a single person from the 2017 team.

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021
On an unrelated note, I loved all the Cubsposting that resulted after I posted (in the offseason N/V thread, I think it was) that we missed the Cubs, Mariners, and Mets fans in this thread...

I wasn't intentionally trying to dare you guys to go on an epic "our team doesn't have to be playing anymore this season for us to go on a Cubsposting spree, you fools!" type tear...

But I inadvertently did do that, and I think the next 1.5? 2? 2.5 pages made me smile more than anything else in the thread has.

I'm trying to say that as a lifelong Astros fan, you guys and your contagious Cubsposting have made me start to love the Cubs (something that 2003-2006 me wouldn't have thought possible) in the past 6 years I've been (mostly) lurking here.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The can guys are the core of the dynasty. All 7 of the ALCS trips are tainted as long as they still have even a single person from the 2017 team.

So tempting to reflexively rush to Altuve's defense and throw Bregman instead to the ravenous wolves (while Correa, Springer, Gurriel, Marwin all escape their notice), but...

I'll just say leave Yordan and King Tuck out of this, please.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I don’t know if I hate anything on the planet more than I hate the Cubs.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Oh absolutely, I just don’t hold Yordan personally accountable and I’m sure he’ll continue to rake for that garbage (can) organization for the next ten years.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wish they were playing today. These days off suck

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thanks for the twitter post. As a Cubs guy you hold a pretty deep grudge against the Astros.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 14, 2023

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

aBagorn posted:

Phillies will either flame out in the WC or repeat as NL champs there's no in between

Time to ride

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Wish they were playing today. These days off suck

Thanks for the twitter post. As a Cubs guy you hold a pretty deep grudge against the Astros.

Cubs fans post about it more than Yankees fans or Dodgers fans, it's really bizarre

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
You guys post about it more than anybody else.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Considering we never post about it unless it's in response to someone else I find that unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Cubs fans post about it more than Yankees fans or Dodgers fans, it's really bizarre
Its important posting work and I’m glad our Chicago comrades are doing it so I don’t have to.